Claimed:Axelberry tries

BluObieZ

Vernon Von Axelberry tries, yes he does. All the goals that he lets in are not because of lack of effort. Many of those goals go in because his defense falls asleep and crash into each other or let the other team skate around them freely leaving him out to dry. Lots of the chances are on odd man rushes or pure breakaways. So to say he is not trying is a downright lie. The guy may not care about his team or team mates but he cares about his personal stats. His ego will not let him fail but this season has been taking a toll on the young first year goalie. While he has nothing but stole three games, he has let in a ton of goals on a ton of shots. 

Vernon plays for the leagues second worst team and it is showing. His a mind shattering 4.02 GAA one thinks how can the known third best goalie in the league even think that he is good. Most goalies with a GAA that bad would be looking for a different career. But, Veron is not. He says that his GAA is the 2nd worst and it is not his fault. Oslo was expected to be horrible this season and he knew that. He could have demanded a trade but he will not force the hand of the Oslo GM. He says "Look they drafted me, I respect them for at least doing that. I could have ended up in Bern and had the absolute worst GAA in the league. A trade will come, and if it doesn't I will prove the GM's next season in VHL why they should have traded for me. I will laugh at the teams that could not win it because lack of goaltending. You can have me so why not do it? guess winning isn't important. Ottawa is the team to beat, so why not get a goalie to help you beat them? I boggles my mind"

Axelberry holds the leagues 4th best Save percentage at .904 but he has faced a staggering 594 shots in just 14 games. On those 594 shots he has let in 57 of them. So he is making some big saves, or just saves in general. He wont be the goalie to let in 10 goals but when you see 60+ shots every time you play Ottawa or a top team your svae percentage will go up because you maybe letting in 7-8 goals but on 60+ shots. Which keeps his save percentage high...ish. 

In recent games Axelberry has tried to play Defense and did his best at it. Commentators said he was the best D on the team. He then also abandoned his net leaving a sign saying he will be back in a few because its not like Oslo will win. Who knows when and if a trade will happen but how much longer Axelberry care enough to keep putting in a effort before he truly gives up and pulls a Roy in his last game in Montreal. Axelberry has the ego and attitude to celebrate every little save he makes no  matter how small the save is. He has proved that he will pull himself. So this maybe a ticking time bomb in Oslo.