Name: Hudson Abbott
Position: Defense
Current Team: Ottawa Lynx
Number: 25
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 250 Lbs.
Born: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Childhood
Hudson Abbott was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, to wealthy parents named Jack and Dianne. Jack was a former football star turned coach. Dianne, who came from money was a lazy housewife for the most part. While Hudson was afforded all of the opportunities money could buy, including training camps and equipment, it was football that his father ultimately wanted him to thrive in despite it not being his passion.

After his father removed the teen from hockey to focus more on his football career he started sneaking off to play shinny with some of his ex-teammates. When Jack found out about this he finally decided to let the child pursue his passion. Although he was out of hockey for two seasons young abbott made it back just in time to impress the WHL scouts enough to land him a spot in Saskatoon on the Blades.

Abbott_bio2.png

Abbott playing for the Blades
Western Hockey League
Hudson's Western Hockey League career started as many other young prospects, on the bottom pairing scratching and clawing his way up the depth chart trying to earn more ice time. While Abbott did not seem to be the most skilled of players, his immense height and weight nearly guaranteed him ice time as an insurance policy for the teams superstar players. Although Hudson clearly disliked the fighting he did understand his role and and played it well his first season in the WHL.

During his second season Hudson found himself a role on the powerplay as his coaches found him to have one of the fastest shots they had ever seen. Playing the point on the power play was clearly one of the greatest joys for the youngster, he was finally racking up points and being a part of the action away from the violence and protection role he played the previous season.

In his third season Hudson came in at six foot eight and two hundred fifty pounds and had an attitude. It wasn't long before he was suspended for instigating fights and despite the NHL scouts taking long looks at the kid, it was a two hand Marty McSorley that finally landed him a CHL ban and lost him everything he dreamed of.

Abbott.png

Off to Ottawa and the Lynx
Currently 
After being tagged as a problem by scouts Hudson was overlooked completely in the National Hockey League draft. While wondering what to do for a living with his limited real world applications for his skill set he saw a random add in an old newspaper asking for people to come try out for the VHLM. As Hudson didn't know anything about it he decided to fly out to Ottawa and give it a shot. As it turned out, the Lynx were in need of a big bodied defender that can contribute offensively as well. After just eleven games in the Victory Junior League playing for the Ottawa Lynx, Hudson abbott has already amassed three goals and six assists for nine points. These numbers are quite impressive for such a short career but also only a glimpse into what the future holds for this young rising star.

Player Review
Pros

Skating: Being as big as this kid is there is no wonder why he can skate so damn fast. The VHLM scouts will be following this closely as he is a phenom speed wise for a defender. Hopefully he can keep improving and be the fastest skater at this years draft.

Work Ethic: All this guy does is work and he will continue to do so I'm sure. We will see how this plays out but I highly doubt this guy even sees a VHLM draft to be honest. If it's leadership by example that a team is looking for then it might be this defender they should look to add.

Point Shot: This guy has a howitzer from the point and most goaltenders are scared to death to step in front of it. If you want a right hand shot to run the back end of your power play then this is your guy. Look for Hudson to be featured in future hardest shot competitions in the VHL.

Cons

Discipline: Hudson is labelled a discipline problem but that is mostly from fighting and one bad incident. Although fighting is a a part of hockey he did do it excessively at points. The McSorley move in the WHL was what mostly fires this stigma but being tied for sixth in VHLM penalty minutes isn't doing much to take away from the reputation either.

Knowledge: He doesn't know the league well yet and has a long way to go before he can have a Victory Hockey League career. I would say he is on the right track so far remaining very active in the league and even taking on a leadership role in the Oslo Storm organization.

Aggressiveness: Despite having all of these fights under his belt and the two hand chop hanging over his head, if you talk to this young man you can soon realize that he has been goated into violence his entire career by former coaches and player and his nature is actually more to the scoring game which he can hopefully thrive with now in the VHL. 

Interview

"Who is your favorite VHL Player all time?"
"Well looking through past footage and stats I'd have to say I most look up to Daniel Braxton. I mean the guy is the only player to win the Sterling Labatte trophy four seasons in a row, that's half a career worth best defenseman trophy's. Currently though I have to say Motherfucker Sharpe has impressed me most since joining the league. The guy has given me a place to stay, helped progress my career and is a damn good leader."
"Do you have a least favorite player at this point?"
"I don't like to hate on anyone but at this point anyone who is in the season fifty four draft, get out of my way especially the defenders in the class, I'll prove I'm the best choice."

"What is your pregame meal choice?"
"I grew up in a steak and potatoes kind of place and I continue to eat it before almost every game. If it isn't broke why fix it?"

"What is your favorite music to get you pumped up for games?"
"Dropkick Murphys live is my go to album on game day, nothing gets me going more."

"What is your next favorite sport after hockey?"

Chat (7)

"American Football was like church in my household growing up. My father grew up playing football and also coached for quite some time as well. I still love the game, I was just never any good at it."

pretty easy, just went into the trophy area where it lists every seasons winner. I take it that was your player?

Edited by Scooter

14 minutes ago, Scooter said:

pretty easy, just went into the trophy area where it lists every seasons winner. I take it that was your player?

It was, but I'm the only one who cares about him since Connor Low happened.

Thx for the shoutout my friend!

54 minutes ago, HFD said:

Good biography scooter. I thought you were going to wait though :lol:

At least I have a format to follow.

I decided to go all out and skip the VHLM draft all together. Should pass 175 before the next season if all goes well.

Just now, Advantage said:

He is the guy who won 5 Labatte Trophies in a row (in his first 5 seasons).

Sounds like he should have been tested for steroid abuse