Claimed:Federov Finding Form

Banackock

giphy.gif

Last season we saw Aleksei Federov come over from his homeland to entertain the idea of playing in the most elite, talented league in the world. The Victory Hockey League offers much to those who are able to play in it and for the young Russian defender, it had always been a lifelong dream. When news came down that his intentions were to play, numerous VHLM scouts were jumping at the chance to sign him, however, at the end of the day his choice was obvious and simple. The Bratislava Watchmen were easily the strongest team in the league and at the end of the season finished with a lengthy amount of points over the following team with 9 extra. While his play was nothing spectacular for a player in the league, or a dman for that matter, it was still respectable for someone entering the league late and being in their first 27 games for their career. During those games, he managed 2 goals, 13 assists for 15 points. Additionally, was a +8 on the season with 43 hits, all while playing roughly 17 minutes a game. As the season ended and playoffs started, the Watchmen easily made their way onto the finals where they faced the Yukon Rush. While the series started in favor for the Watchmen, game by game the Rush clawed their way back forcing an almost impossible game 7. Despite beating the odds, the Watchmen were able to hold off the upset and hoist the cup. Moments after the buzzing horn went off, Federov would lift his first ever championship in the VHLM over his head.

"It felt amazing. Honestly, it's a tough feeling to describe other than that. You're on top of the world. I get it's just the juniors championship, but it still felt amazing. I guess I hadn't been a part of the entire journey, so I couldn't imagine how the other guys are feeling, but if it's anything more than me, don't know how they can handle it. We fell apart there for a little while and Yukon really, really pushed back at us. Truthfully, our locker room was scared. Each game, we stated we'd win this. We'd overcome it and send them home and after every loss, it was the same thing. Stating the same stuff and that next game is ours, but it wasn't. So it made the series really great for us and the fans and made it worth it overall when it came to an end. 

Season 53 has officially got underway, however, Federov finds himself on a new continent and team. From Bratislava to Brampton, Federov now holds the blue line down for the organization whom which his agent once played for during a short stint. Federov was drafted with the Blades first 3 top draft picks in the dispersal draft and now is looking to prove to the VHLM and VHL that his name is worth calling when it comes draft time for the VHL. When it comes to that? We'd say he's making a pretty big name for himself. In their first 2 game this season, the Watchmen took a win and a loss. Yet, they've seen huge play from Federov who seems to have stepped up his play and is tripling his production and than some. Through the 2 games, he has a goal and 3 assists for 4 points. This again, while averaging roughly 17 minutes a game. We have a feeling if his minutes rise, his numbers possibly could too!

"I just want to play the best that I can and play big for my team. Whether that's stopping the puck from getting in our zone, to getting it out of our zone or protecting the net, to passing the puck for big assists or the odd time lighting the lamp, then I want to be that guy. As stated always before, I'm not a big points guy in my past, but things always change and it's something I've been focusing on. Defense was always my main goal and possibly could be for sometime".

double (12 TPE) for federov/683 words