My Disappointing GM Tenure Continues (for now)

FacePuncher

Unlike Mr. @eaglesfan036, I am still continuing my VHLM GM tenure. But it does so happen to be disappointing! I took over after the guy that recruited me, Ahma. That was mid S57, I've now been GMing for 5 full seasons, and 6 season total. All I have to show for it is S51 Founders Cup and Jack Reilly Award. After getting bounced in the playoffs this year when I was supposed to be a top competitor(I blame @STZ still) it's back to the drawing board. I have enough pieces to make the playoffs and probably finish middle of the pack, but would never be a true competitor. So likely I will sell off all my crap(at the deadline, of course, so that my S54 first I traded away isn't first overall) then load up for another big year, just like I did in S51

however, the VHLM might not be around by then. I'm not sure how we are going to get a good way to make an alternative to this, but we will see. If this happens, well, then my GM career WILL be at an end. the truth is, I don't actually care about the VHL really. I've checked, what, like 4 sim threads in the VHL this season and only like half of our Seattle playoff game threads. That's way up from my 0 last year. Meanwhile I check every game thread from Saskatoon and Yukonnand try to comment every time. I don't really pay enough attention to want to take a VHL GM job. So if that happens, idk. Might just go the welfare route in that case. Would be easier, I already don't have enough time lol. If I lose my 1 TPE a week from VHLM GM stuff though, that would suck. Would put a real dent in my push for top 5 TPE first gen

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Disappointing GM career? tf you're talking about? FPmdPEB.gif

I have a chance to blow a 3-0 lead against the relativley weaker team, yet your GM tenure is ''shit''. okay.

I don't see your point here lol. I've had one good year out of 6. If you win this you'll have had multiple good years and one championship in less years as me. And if you don't, you still have time to get a championship before I did

1 minute ago, The Bread Man said:

I don't see your point here lol. I've had one good year out of 6. If you win this you'll have had multiple good years and one championship in less years as me. And if you don't, you still have time to get a championship before I did

From 3-0 to 3-4, that shit would be more embarrassing than your 1/6 record.

See what I don't understand is why if we had no VHLM, you one of the best GMs in the league wouldn't want to take that expertise and current motivation to build a franchise people want to stay with. 

We have 17 required GM positions currently with several struggling to fill. There are great candidates like yourself like @hedgehog337 who I think would excel even more in a non VHLM league.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

See what I don't understand is why if we had no VHLM, you one of the best GMs in the league wouldn't want to take that expertise and current motivation to build a franchise people want to stay with. 

We have 17 required GM positions currently with several struggling to fill. There are great candidates like yourself like @hedgehog337 who I think would excel even more in a non VHLM league.

GMing in the VHLM isn't the same as the VHL. The cycles are much quicker, and there are less things outside of your control that can screw up/alter your plan. I know I enjoyed my stint as VHLM GM much more than VHL as well.

2 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

That's the difference though. I'm motivated in the VHLM a lot, focus on Saskatoon every sim and check how McChunky is doing. Meanwhile, my VHL player just had a career year, finished 7th in the league in scoring, and I'm pretty meh about it. I can't really explain it, I'm just saying one of the reasons I do so "well" in the VHLM is my passion for it, and even then I struggled to do my duties this season. I don't think I could bring that same motivation to the VHL, where there's a lot more to it as well