Retiring from the VHL

Victor

• Admin

Wow, so this is the end. Almost eight years and all of the bullshit. I was actually going to wait til the World Cup but quite frankly what's the point and I don't think anyone's even thought about organising that. Not worth it.

Greg Clegane turned out to be the perfect farewell tour. Pretty decent considering I earned like 40% of his TPE before the draft. No regrets + CLEGANEBOWL. But I had made up my mind a while ago. I had almost left in S46, then again in like S50, and well it really shouldn't be a shock to anyone. I haven't actually put effort in for a year and a half.

I'd do a shout-out list for everyone but there's too many to name. I have had so many great interactions over the years but it's time to cut ties. I mean, I don't have to, but I think it's what I need in my life. Plus I could never be a welfare player, my ego demands instant gratification.

Of course many people have left before, some silently, some publicly, to return anyway. Without doubt I'll still be popping in. But I started in 2009 in Canada and since then I have slowly and surely removed all connections to that life – mainly the hockey sites. This was the last one.

And if I had to pick out one highlight it wouldn't be all the great locker rooms, the time as commish, the GMing, or the Thunderdome fights. No, it's the endless joke about me being an old man. I never revealed my age, for a good reason at the start, but then it just became amusing to see everyone add at least 5 years to me. FFS guys, I'm only 21 in March.

Peace you beautiful bastards.

You will truly be missed around here. You were always a great teammate to me when you were on my team, and a great help whenever I needed it.

You leaving will definitely impact the VHL in some way, and who is to know at this point? You were a key contributor for a long time here.

I am sorry that we could not win you a cup in Toronto, as that was the main goal. I wanted to give Clegane a taste of Legion glory.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

And if I had to pick out one highlight it wouldn't be all the great locker rooms, the time as commish, the GMing, or the Thunderdome fights. No, it's the endless joke about me being an old man. I never revealed my age, for a good reason at the start, but then it just became amusing to see everyone add at least 5 years to me. FFS guys, I'm only 21 in March.

I honestly didn't realize that was a thing. I mean, I guess I would've guessed you were a few years older, but idk.

17 minutes ago, Streetlite said:

I honestly didn't realize that was a thing. I mean, I guess I would've guessed you were a few years older, but idk.

Oddly (or maybe not) it was the younger members who assumed he was old. Damien depicted him as an ancient in the "jurdy" comics, and I think I semi-recently talked to either eaglesfan or Dwyer or DT who thought he was older as well. I don't think I would have thought he was 14 when I joined though...

Anywho, we'll miss you greatly alfieforever. We'll have to rebrand as the "Y Hockey League," because it won't be the same without Victor.