Retiring from the VHL

Victor

• Admin

<3

At one point I meant to address the welfare thing but clearly forgot. Its a bit a hypocritical given I've definitely said the same to many other leaving members but I can't bring myself to welfare. I have to be all in or I just zone out.

If I find the void can not be filled I do have a great idea to hopefully bring my activity back but for the moment I'll commit to going cold turkey.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Victor said:

<3

At one point I meant to address the welfare thing but clearly forgot. Its a bit a hypocritical given I've definitely said the same to many other leaving members but I can't bring myself to welfare. I have to be all in or I just zone out.

If I find the void can not be filled I do have a great idea to hopefully bring my activity back but for the moment I'll commit to going cold turkey.

I give it a month.

But seriously, great member, sad to see you go. Not sure we ever got on a team together which is rather unfortunate. Then again I'm usually wrong about those things so what do I know.

Also, thanks for making me feel old. As if I needed to know yet another person younger than me on this board that has gotten further up the ladder haha

2 hours ago, Victor said:

<3

Banned

Won't be here, but will still miss you. You were here for the start of my VHL stay and now for the end. Wish you all the best, thanks for the help throughout the seasons here.

Welcome to the retirement group...I have saved you a seat at the cool table for meal time, and I hope you enjoy strip poker elderly style.

retirement-home.jpg

Good luck man.

You were one of the few VHL-"only" (I know you were on SHL but you weren't nearly as active) that actually ever made me miss this site. You were everything that was good about this site and a great admin and influence around the boards. Even though I'm barely even semi-active, it still sucks to know you won't be around anymore. Good luck with everything in your future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/21/2017 at 4:35 PM, Victor said:

Wow, so this is the end. Almost eight years and all of the bullshit. I was actually going to wait til the World Cup but quite frankly what's the point and I don't think anyone's even thought about organising that. Not worth it.

Greg Clegane turned out to be the perfect farewell tour. Pretty decent considering I earned like 40% of his TPE before the draft. No regrets + CLEGANEBOWL. But I had made up my mind a while ago. I had almost left in S46, then again in like S50, and well it really shouldn't be a shock to anyone. I haven't actually put effort in for a year and a half.

I'd do a shout-out list for everyone but there's too many to name. I have had so many great interactions over the years but it's time to cut ties. I mean, I don't have to, but I think it's what I need in my life. Plus I could never be a welfare player, my ego demands instant gratification.

Of course many people have left before, some silently, some publicly, to return anyway. Without doubt I'll still be popping in. But I started in 2009 in Canada and since then I have slowly and surely removed all connections to that life – mainly the hockey sites. This was the last one.

And if I had to pick out one highlight it wouldn't be all the great locker rooms, the time as commish, the GMing, or the Thunderdome fights. No, it's the endless joke about me being an old man. I never revealed my age, for a good reason at the start, but then it just became amusing to see everyone add at least 5 years to me. FFS guys, I'm only 21 in March.

Peace you beautiful bastards.

Ok bye