What your team most disappointing draft pick in recent years?

boubabi

4 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Nikita Filatov? Nikolai Zherdev? CBJ should stay away from Russians at 5th overall :P

I was only thinking of recent draft picks. How could I forget about "Filly don't do rebounds"? :P 

1 hour ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Tell me about it. 10 year high school reunion is coming up next year ? ?

Yeah same! Although mines in June of this year. Do I go? I don't really talk to many of those people much anymore because we all moved away.

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah same! Although mines in June of this year. Do I go? I don't really talk to many of those people much anymore because we all moved away.

I'm torn. I mean I have a good job, married, own my home, have a kid, not necessarily in that order, so I'm pretty content with where I'm at. No need for me to go flaunting it lol 

14 minutes ago, boubabi said:

@gorlab as a fan, are you dissapointed with the landeskog pick or it's really a team matter ?

i mean looking at that draft there is really no one after him who could have done better in COL

3. Jonathan Huberdeau

7. Mark Scheifele

9. Dougie Hamilton?

30. Rikard Rakell?

43. Brandon Saad

58. Nikita Kucherov. 

the last two are names now. but at the time no one thought much of them

42 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I almost tagged you, but I knew you'd see it when you did your daily "Sean Blacker" search to come and remind me about who I should've picked.

I have fans in many places :cheers: 

21 hours ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i mean looking at that draft there is really no one after him who could have done better in COL

3. Jonathan Huberdeau

7. Mark Scheifele

9. Dougie Hamilton?

30. Rikard Rakell?

43. Brandon Saad

58. Nikita Kucherov. 

the last two are names now. but at the time no one thought much of them

I have an irrational love for Dougie H

Mirco Mueller. Big defenseman who was rushed into the league. He's back in the AHL playing where he should have been from the start, but it could have damaged his career. There is still potential for him to be a 3-6 NHLer.

On 2017-01-18 at 9:10 PM, Kendrick said:

But it's still not Virtanen "without a doubt" because Jensen and Patrick White were bigger flops.

I don't get why people shit on Virtanen so much already. The kid is 20. He's got loads of time to try and develop into something. It doesn't mean he'll still become a star, but it doesn't mean he won't. He's starting to make strides in the AHL as well, at least according to coach Green in Utica.

For brovy to put him as #1 on a "most disappointing" list is pretty blasphemous. He's fucking 20.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

I don't get why people shit on Virtanen so much already. The kid is 20. He's got loads of time to try and develop into something. It doesn't mean he'll still become a star, but it doesn't mean he won't. He's starting to make strides in the AHL as well, at least according to coach Green in Utica.

For brovy to put him as #1 on a "most disappointing" list is pretty blasphemous. He's fucking 20.

Maybe that's just how Vancouver fans are :P

I did hear a lot of people saying how much of a "bust" McCann was he was traded last season. Like, the kid played one season.,..

21 minutes ago, The Bread Man said:

Maybe that's just how Vancouver fans are :P

I did hear a lot of people saying how much of a "bust" McCann was he was traded last season. Like, the kid played one season.,..

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. They expect all of our prospects to jump into the league as game breaking players like McDavid or Crosby. Constant, high expectations.