Claimed:[Reviewed] Campbell address media after loss

Banackock

hendy-celebration.gif

The Seattle Bears rolled into this season and maintained speed until the end

Many have likely forgotten, or rather like to pretend they did, that the Seattle Bears were voted mostly likely to be eliminated from playoff contention during the Season 52 regular season. Despite the VHL community casting their votes and essentially basting the Bears off to the wolves, the Bears managed to show the people (and the wolves) that counting them out was a foolish decision to make. With 58.3%, or 14 of 25 members being told "No, you were wrong", the Bears clawed their way through the regular season with much more success than anyone could have imagined. With a 15 game winning streak on the year, numerous players having career highs and playing incredible for the organization and fans of Seattle, the Bears were not a team to disappoint when it came to the regular season. Earning first place by a long shot, the team had all forwards and defenseman cashing in on some impressive offensive and defensive seasons, all while being led by potential goalie of the year, Jakab Holik. When the horn went at the end of their final game for the regular season, the team was heading into playoffs with the second round bye and a Victory Cup.

The team watched Calgary and New York battle it out in what ended up being an amazing series. While most likely doubted Calgary, they pushed the series to a game 7 where they eventually lost. Lightly put, this meant that the league got the match up they were kind of waiting for. Seattle VS Calgary would have been a good one, but New York was where it was really at. Both young teams who had built themselves up - who were looking to prove something and had waited all season to take one another down. Maybe not one of the biggest rivalries, but the seasonal series was a close one and each game was huge to both of the organizations. Nothing was taken lightly during the season and absolutely nothing would change during the series. As game one and two came and went, we seen the series tied and one game a piece. This sent New York and Seattle fans into a craze as they imagined it was going to be one hell of a battle to make it out alive. However, one game after another, the Bears struggled to seem to find a way. The Americans ended up showing no amount of give and took the series in 5 games. Throughout the series, they managed to only give up 8 goals, while putting 16 passed Holik. The Bears big guns struggled to put anything on the board and their special teams went from one of the best in the league to the worst. 

Chicago-Sad8936.gif

The Bears lost in 5 games to the Americans in the S52 playoffs

Heads hung low on the bench of the Bears as they made their way to Holik to congratulate and thank him for his stellar play on the season and year. Captain Bogdan Podarok fist bumped all his players as they made their way to the line up to shake the Americans hands, congratulate them and wish them well on their journey towards the cup. During the hand shakes, defenseman for the Bears, Guntis Petenis, slowly skated by every player. Not giving any recognition to the opposition and receiving no attempts at a handshake either. It seemed as though a slow, burning rivalry was starting to grow. As the line made it's way to the end, GM's Blake Campbell (SEA) and Ryan Power (NYA) met to finalize the teams handshakes prior to proceeding their separate ways. For a few short minutes the GM's stood at center ice and exchanged words, giving a pat on the back, with one heading back to the locker room with his head down and the other with a huge grin smothering his face as he went to celebrate with his teammates. Moments later, Blake Campbell announced he was ready for his media appearance. The media asked questions regarding the season, the playoff loss and what's in store for the Bears moving forward.

xBI5MNM.gif

Overall, the season was a success. The locker room was happy and strong and Seattle felt healthy and right. We had a lot of fun along the way and it really felt like a family atmosphere. I've said it from day one and will continue to do such. Outsiders looking in may not see it, but this is a family. We're loyal. committed and in this together. Every win, every loss. During the regular season, I seen such good qualities on the ice and off the ice. The boys put winning first and I had no issues putting them first. I seen career years from pretty much every single person except maybe one. Podarok @The Bread Man lit up the score sheet more than ever, Jarvi @gregreg was one of the key factors that we found so much success in the season. He literally came in and instantly made the team better. @tfong was a huge pick up. Not only did play huge offensively, but he saved our asses many times back in our zone. @evrydayimbyfuglien shows us game after game that he is our stud blue-liner, especially with Kyanon leaving the pack. Honestly, I feel him coming a live even more next season and he absolutely deserves it. Quality guy on the ice, in the locker room and throughout the VHL. @hedgehog337 it's pretty simple. Taking him we didn't expect huge things. We expected a mediocre player who would help us by doing mediocre things. Yet, he's one of our most vocal members and has strong passion for wearing the crest on the front of his jersey. Petenis loves it here in Seattle and Seattle loves Petenis being here. His progression has been huge and seriously was a great steal in the draft. Sven Wolf @Banackock picked up his play big time, scoring more goals, landing more assists and racking up way more points than the season prior. A number one center is something he will be for Seattle in the future. Lastly, the cherry on top of it all, Jakab Holik @Beketov. The man posted crazy numbers in the season and while he feels as though he failed us in playoffs, I'd like to remind him this simple fact. Yes, the guys played strong in front of him, but without his amazing play, we wouldn't have made it where we did. Holik turned his jets on this season and really became into what I always knew he'd be since the day we dealt for him. An elite, starting goalie who would stand tall for us and lead us back to where Seattle has been striving to be.

The loss is unfortunate. I've put in, as every GM has, countless hours and lots of effort to build this organization over the last few seasons. With Kyanon joining us and all these guys staying loyal to the Bears organization, I really wanted to give them a cup this season. Now I know it's the way the road turns sometimes, but it's still a very hard loss to swallow. After the final game loss, a lot of disappointment and frustration circulated through myself and I felt as though I really let these guys down. They've given me so much of them - their time, their careers and everything on this site, only to lose. It's tough. It sucks, but if there's two things I can tell them it's this:

1. Thank you for standing by me during your time with the Seattle Bears. All that you have down surely has not gone unnoticed and I appreciate all your words, efforts and loyalty. Without you guys, Seattle would essentially be nothing. I don't mean your players, as that's a given, but the charisma and loyalty you bring to this organization is beyond anything I've expected.

2. We missed the playoffs in S49 and S50, while making them only to lose in round 1 in S51. We've made it further and further every year and our time is coming. Give me your patience and loyalty and I will do my best to continue to bring you more and more success as our time together grows.

As for what is to follow for the Bears organization, we plan to continue on the path we are. It'll be tough replacing Jarvi, Kyanon and Odinsson, but there's always a way. We have a great center, top of the league right winger in Podarok, a number one elite goalie in Holik and a great defensive duo in Petenis and Rodriguez. While with this, we also have the cap to splash around and truly build this team into another contender who will be looking at another match up VS the Americans next season.

635962824514820803-131626068_hoist.gif

The Seattle Bears and myself would like to congratulate the New York American's management and players on a successful regular season and one hell of a playoff schedule so far. I thought the series would have been much more evenly matched, yet, you sent us packing in dominant fashion and are now heading towards a chance at a championship. While the feelings of disappointed are still lingering for myself and likely some members of the Bears organization, I wish you the best of luck moving into the finals. :cheers:  @Mr. Power @Streetlite @BobertZ @Toast @brovy @gorlab @der meister @Phil etc

for aleksei Federov

Review:

Nicely done, man, and thanks for the shoutout. Grammar/spelling/content all checks out so good on you there. I think this season was still a success despite the shortcomings in the playoffs. We'll get there eventually, even if it's after I've dropped off a bit. 

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to [Reviewed] Campbell address media after loss
  • 2 weeks later...