Claimed:Dear "Anonymous",

Banackock

Initially when reading your message I felt a couple of things. The first, of course, being a little ashamed and saddened that something like that would need to be taken so far. Maybe also the fact that I caused it to go that far. I, nor do I think anybody, would like to see something posted publicly in such a nature. I wouldn't necessarily call it hurt because after all, this is an online thing, but it did affect my confidence, determination and thoughts a significant amount. My confidence was affected because I've thought I've done a fairly good job in Seattle bringing us back up to the top, especially considering the circumstances. My determination because I've been working extremely hard, putting in hours a week only to have something like this come up in our face and negatively affecting the teams current situation and outlook. My thoughts because it simply had me thinking "Are they right? Do I need to take a step back and evaluate certain things?". So, that's exactly what I did and this is what I've taken in from that and have to say.

While I have an idea who wrote this, that doesn't matter. While I also have some things I disagree about, there's also things I agree with. What I disagree with doesn't overly matter but it would be regarding the whole situation with BOOM's value. The letter taught me a couple things and that it's people are watching Seattle very closely and while I feel as though it's the same people over and over again, those are still people we would love to have on our organization and we obviously want to be liked by all and become a place people want to play and enjoy playing with. So I did take some things into thought and consideration while reading the letter and if I have any clue who wrote this, I also took in a bunch during our private conversation prior to you publicly going out with it as well.

Firstly, I took a step back and gave it some thought before I approached the situation and here I find myself writing this letter. This is something I did not do in the situation of BOOM retiring his pleasure. Now that the spotlight is on me, I'd like to briefly explain that. We put a lot of time into acquiring Odinsson, but we also put a significant amount of future pieces into him. What we saw when acquiring him was a player who was signed for a couple seasons, who was an active - amazing member and had a good, young player on his hands. Adding a player like this to a group which is very similar to him was an excellent case for us. So when the time came that I stumbled on here and found that, I was extremely frustrated with a mixture of disappointment. The way I handled the situation though was extremely improper and not in a way that should be exemplified by a General Manager in the VHL. Of course, we're human and it was only human error that this happened, but it's something that will not be accepted or happening in Seattle any longer.

Secondly, I'd like to briefly touch upon the S49 blow up of the Bears roster as a specific member seems to bring it up often. After signing, as well as during, the free agents, we knew the trouble we were getting in with such a competitive conference. I had an agreement with numerous players that if we failed, I would try and accommodate them to a team that would at least stand better chances than we currently had. So when the time came near, rather than have them all sit on the sidelines, I tried to help them the best I could. Now I understand acquiring and then trading such assets doesn't necessarily look professional or good, I was simply only following through with my word to them and allowing them to enjoy the site to the fullest. Those who wished to stay and wanted to remain a Bear, did so.

Thirdly, my management skills when it comes to trade offering or free agency. As put it best by someone I spoke to privately, while there is nothing wrong with putting in a crazy amount of effort and excitement, over eagerness isn't something that positively attracts people to the organization. I understand that multiple PM's gets old and one is more than good enough and this will be applied in the following off-season. As for trades, I simply try and initiate trade talks and if an offer is made, they are more than welcome to discuss, tell me their thoughts and/or send me a counter. While speaking to @Mr. Power, I also took into consideration of more formed, better prepared offers and this is something that each GM can expect when the phones open back up next season.

Lastly. Seattle is an amazing organization and within that organization, all we have is great, loyal and active people. The amount of respect and loyalty I received could potentially be beyond what I deserve and I am extremely grateful and appreciative that these guys have decided to stand by me and build something here. They deserve to win and that's exactly what I push and push for them to do. To give back because they give me a great deal. Our youth and loyalty is something which makes Seattle strong and along with those 2 things we have amazing skill upfront, on the blue line and in net. My actions have potentially hindered their chances slightly and this is something that I do not want for myself, them or us as an organization.

I'm a newer GM - as pointed out prior, and I am still learning and molding my ways as a General Manager. As players throughout the league looking for a team during the off-season, ones on another team getting traded here or GM's on the other side of my messages, I'd like to formally apologize to those who have been "bothered". Seattle, our players and myself want a strong relationship with everyone here, whether you are on our team or playing on an opposing one and hopefully this is something we can build towards in the near future. Seattle has so many great pieces and in my defense, I am an excellent GM who has made some silly, regretful (minor) mistakes. Criticism sucks but this is something I have not taken lightly and will respond in an appropriate matter by listening and adapting. Hopefully we can move forward and Seattle can receive a shot from each of you.

All the best leading up to New Years and Happy New Years when the time comes,

Banackock

Christmas double for Aleksei Federov by the way for the week Dec 26th to Jan 1st

• Senior Admin

For the record from the standpoint of a commissioner, I've always found you to be a very 'enthusiastic' GM but I've never questioned your dedication to your team and I've always recognized that what you do is for your team and I muchly respect that. 

I can say I spoke with Bana privately, and even I was surprised someone else went ahead and wrote an article like that. I have a hunch on who it is but a witch hunt seems rather silly at this stage.

21 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I can say I spoke with Bana privately, and even I was surprised someone else went ahead and wrote an article like that. I have a hunch on who it is but a witch hunt seems rather silly at this stage.

I missed this whole thing. Where's the anonymous article posted?

I don't give a shit what others say. 

I like Seattle, its franchise, and its players, it's being run by someone who gives a shit about his team and wants to see them succeed. 

That's all that I see in this situation. Everything else is just background noise to me,

The article in the mag seemed like an overreaction. There really wasn't anything all that bad about how you handled the Odinsson situation. 

It just confuses me that @Banackock is the best GM Seattle has had in real-life years, but gets way more public criticism than those who came before him. 

Edited by YEAH!stlemania