Xmas for Federov

Banackock

This year was Aleksei Federov's first Christmas truly away from home and his family. One where he won't be able to see his family on the 25th or during the week for festivities as he's away from home playing in the prestigious Victory Hockey League's minor league, the VHLM. Likely with the option to fly home, Federov elected to stay in Bratislava to continue his training and progress in becoming one of the top young dman prospects in the VHLM. During his stay though, he did manage to spend one evening with his teammates where his name was a late addition into the secret Santa. Of course, his GM managed to pick his name and what he got came to his surprise.

I'm a very dedicated player to my game, so it was a pretty nice and funny gift to receive. My GM got me an hourglass, one of those timers where sand pours out and there was a message on the note that he also put in it. It read, "While you work extremely hard and are an extremely dedicated player, never lose track of time or moments". I think it's a very fitting gift and will be something that I will tag a long with me throughout my career.

hour-glass-move2.gif