Vikings Jersey Retirement

Advantage

This league needs more jersey retirements and in this tough year I want to shed some light on something positive with the Stockholm Vikings.  I actually wanted to do this last year but I had difficulty finding anyone that could do a banner.  Therefore thank you to @boubabi for doing this despite who he was making it for.  Also thanks to Molholt who made it after the fact when he realized he had forgotten, and while I am using Boubabi's, his was equally as nice and he still put the effort in.

All in all though, this jersey retirement is for a player who certainly put his time in and produced some impressive accomplishments from Season 42 to Season 49.  While he probably went a little overlooked due to seemingly always being just behind in voting for Thomas O'Malley and perhaps a few others, he still can look at his career at the end of the day, and see that he certainly had a tremendous one.  Karnage is arguably the hardest worker of any VHL player in league history.  Some have even gone on to suggest that his career may be considered a disappointment given how hard he worked to be the best player possible.  I just don't see how this player can be considered a disappointment though.  We are talking elite company when looking at someone who recorded 800 points and 2000 hits.  How elite? Leeroy Jenkins is the only other player who can claim to be in this company, and he finished behind Karnage in the hits department by almost 500!

Lord Karnage was an easy Hall of Fame induction and given that those 800+ points and 2000+ hits were mostly recorded in Stockholm, he is easily the greatest player in Vikings history (assuming that we are not including Vasteras in the history books).  While I am uncertain on where he would fall statistically if Vasteras was being counted (just due to record books being hard to get for every season going back to the inaugural one) I can safely say that no player matches him since Stockholm came into the league.  He is the team's all-time leader in Games Played, Goals, Assists, Points, +/-, PIM, Hits and GWG.  There has been no one like him for the Vikings, and while he may not have won as many awards as he wished he had and perhaps even should have, there is no doubting his place among the league's greatest to ever play.

RnIPdwI.png

STATISTICS

554 Games

347 Goals

422 Assists

769 Points

+256

2527 Hits

74 GWG

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

1x Victory Cup Winner (S43)
1x Terence Fong Trophy Winner (S47)
4x Scott Boulet Trophy Winner (S44-S47)
1x Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy Winner (S42)

Vikings All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists, Points, Hits, Plus/Minus, PIM, GWG and GP

1st All-Time in Total Points Earned

• Admin
19 hours ago, Advantage said:

We are talking elite company when looking at someone who recorded 800 points and 2000 hits.

but he didn't get 800 points :P

19 hours ago, Advantage said:

769 Points

All trash talk aside, obviously deserved from Stockholm's point of view as per:

On 2/17/2016 at 2:44 PM, Victor said:

Stockholm Vikings? More like Stockholm Karnage.

nice job, karnage was arguably the best player i saw in my time around here. always dominated and stockholm was always in the hunt under boubabis leadership