S51 VHL & VHLM Award List

Will

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

All these hits, shot blocks and second +/- ratio on Seattle were thrown out the window because let's just give the RoTY to a goalie who posted decent stats in a bad team. This result is a straight joke. 

DOUBLE POST! THANKS FORUM!

Edited by Jericho

4 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

All these hits, shot blocks and second +/- ratio on Seattle were thrown out the window because let's just give the RoTY to a goalie who posted decent stats in a bad team. This result is a straight joke. 

THE RARE TRIPLE POST! THANKS FORUM!

Edited by Jericho

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

You don't sound bitter at all.

Also you make it sound like it's easy to compare a goalie and a skaters stats. Also it wasn't like it was a close vote, if you really earned it maybe 70% of the GMs wouldn't have disagreed.

Yet in another post you will say how the GMs shouldn't be voting and are crap at it. 

I voted for the forward, I believe. Just let me decide awards. 

I actually found the Stolzy difficult.  Skye wasnt brilliant but he was solid, bad team or not. 

It was a bit of an unprecedented year.  Ive never seen anyone with points in the twenties as even a contender for the award much less a finalist..no matter the hits and shot blocks.  

Its a tough break but I dont think there was a clear front runner one way or another.

Edited by Advantage

S51 VHLM Awards

Championship - Founder's Cup: Saskatoon Wild

Best Regular Season Record - Prime Minister's Cup: Saskatoon Wild

Regular Season MVP - Mitch Higgins Trophy: Maksym Barnyashev (BER)
BARNYASHEV (BER) - 7

Playoff MVP - Skylar Rift Trophy: Joanna Akerfeldt (MOS)
AKERFELDT (MOS) - 4 , ZAYN (SSK) - 3

Leading Points - Ethan Osborne Trophy: Maksym Barnyashev (BER) - 147

Leading Goals - Alexander Chershenko Trophy: Jack Kraken (BER) - 66

Leading Assists - Vladimir Bommchenko Trophy: Maksym Barnyashev (BER) - 83

Top Defenseman - Ryan Sullivan Trophy: Maksym Barnyashev (BER)
BARNYASHEV (BER) - 7

Top Goaltender - Benoit Devereux Trophy: Rhett DeGrath (SSK)
DEGRATH (SSK) - 6 , AKERFELDT (MOS) - 1

Top Two-Way Forward- Matt Bentz Trophy: Jack Kraken (BER)

KRAKEN (BER) - 4, DORTCH (BRT) - 3

Top Executive - Jack Reilly Trophy: Bogdan Podarok - ADwyer (SSK)
ADwyer (SSK) - 5, hedgehog337 (BRT) - 2

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

I actually found the Stolzy difficult.  Skye wasnt brilliant but he was solid, bad team or not. 

It was a bit of an unprecedented year.  Ive never seen anyone with points in the twenties as even a contender for the award much less a finalist..no matter the hits and shot blocks.  

Its a tough break but I dont think there was a clear front runner one way or another.

Idc how rookies were bad, I just wanted to get an award. I guess I'll stay without it for another 10 seasons. 

Edited by hedgehog337

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Idc how rookies were bad, I just wanted to get an award. I guess I'll stay without it for another 10 seasons. 

Sure I know you wanted the award...but its also not a travesty.  It was pretty close as it should be and coulda went either way.  I know I went back and forth a few times before making my decision.  There will be more chances at awards so keep plugging away and hopefully youll get some more chances.

19 hours ago, Streetlight said:

Bjorkman was S27. I'd have to assume the other was CAL G in S29.

Hey thanks!

On 2016-11-26 at 6:09 PM, Victor said:

CLEGANEBOWL tie for Shaw and MVP split?

Our dominance has never been so pronounced.

Yeah!

I'm glad to have won all these awards, they were most unexpected! But I actually have no idea WHY I won any awards here. I think the best argument could have been made for Playoff MVP, but even that argument would have been dumb, and luckily the results show it. I suppose the MVP argument would have come down to Covington vs. Clegane if it was determined Toronto and Calgary had too many stars to single out one of them, but I'm not even positive I should have won that 1v1. And the Shaw split win is just atrocious, not sure why anyone except Toast was doing there.

But I honestly should not and cannot complain. It was an extremely successful season, with one of the wackiest and uncertain awards ceremony I've ever seen. The SCleganebowl51 was such a perfect success. Thanks to the GMs and everyone else who likes me!

11 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I protested the most sportsmanlike award because I think the whole idea of the award is silly. It is funny that it's now a three way tie :))

Scrap the Top Leader and Most Sportsmanlike awards imo

Or, if we're going to keep them, let's base them both on the same thing. Either they are both forum-based awards or they are both sim-based awards. Top Leader could easily just be a "which captain had the best stats" or Most Sportsmanlike could be "who was the most sportsmanlike on the forum."

I suppose it's all up to how the GMs want to vote, but personally though, I think we should get rid of them both. And I've felt that way for a while thanks for reminding me now maybe I'll bring it up to the BoG.

Edited by Streetlight

6 hours ago, Molholt said:

Yet in another post you will say how the GMs shouldn't be voting and are crap at it. 

I voted for the forward, I believe. Just let me decide awards. 

I still stand by that opinion.