S51 VHL & VHLM Award List

Will

12 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Seems more user-oriented than player by the results.

It's an odd award. Obviously, I'm glad to have won it a bunch of times, but the first time I won it I was surprised.

I mean, I guess you have to have a good player in the sim, showing that you put effort into the league and your team, and on top of that are good at rallying the troops on the board. I basically post in every single game thread my team has, and post in the locker room a lot, and I know Phil does as well. I suppose that's where the award lies.

The first time I won the Grimm was pretty motivating and kind of propelled myself into greater activity. Before I won that award it seemed pointless sort of, to be posting all over the boards all the time or whatever. I don't know how to explain it. When I won the Grimm for the first time, it made me feel like I was finally recognized around here.

Most Sportsmanlike is an odd one I think. Just whoever the sim has decided to get the least PIMs with a bunch of points. Then it's a crapshoot from there.

31 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Real talk though how did Maximoff tie for Top Leader?

Because he was the captain of the team that won the cup and posted in all the playoff game threads. Is that enough reason for you?

4 hours ago, Streetlight said:

Real talk though how did Maximoff tie for Top Leader?

Because I made a case for him in the voting thread.

Which brings me to what I think we should do for Top Leader going forward: Make it a nominated thing. And I don't mean a league vote like we already do, but have a member from each team nominate someone(s) from their team in a compelling Media Spot format. It's an easy award to be biased towards, because obviously you're mostly exposed to the leadership of your own team. I was gung-ho about @Green winning it this season because I saw first-hand his dedication and leadership to Riga. Last season I thought @jRuutu should have been heavily considered/won with Davos because I never realized what an excellent and outgoing member he was before being on a team with him. I would have been glad to put up 600 words on why either of them should have won, and I think discussion about such things is the best way to influence how people vote on it.

8 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Which brings me to what I think we should do for Top Leader going forward: Make it a nominated thing. And I don't mean a league vote like we already do, but have a member from each team nominate someone(s) from their team in a compelling Media Spot format. It's an easy award to be biased towards, because obviously you're mostly exposed to the leadership of your own team. I was gung-ho about @Green winning it this season because I saw first-hand his dedication and leadership to Riga. Last season I thought @jRuutu should have been heavily considered/won with Davos because I never realized what an excellent and outgoing member he was before being on a team with him. I would have been glad to put up 600 words on why either of them should have won, and I think discussion about such things is the best way to influence how people vote on it.

When was the last time you put up 600 words on anything? :ph34r: 

• Admin
1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

:yeahthat:

On 27-11-2016 at 2:01 AM, Phil said:

gratz to all the winners!!!

especially my close boys @DollarAndADream and @Green.

Chalk another Grimm to my name :) Very happy to share it will you two fine lads :drunk: 

The award I always wanted on LeBeau but never got.

The award that was O'Malleys goal when I created him (but never got)

And now I get it as a semi-active? You guys amaze me in your voting, but happy to finally have it behind my name.

Thanks for sharing it for once Phil!