S51 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Will

S51 Most Outstanding  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

the only goalie to ever blew a series lead in the finals to lose a four-peat?

what a loser.

He might be a loser, but he's OUR loser.

We're all losers.

We lost.

He made 28 saves and only allowed 1 goal in Game 7, and that was enough to lose it. The fault falls on the forwards. Parechkin sucks. Couldn't even score in Game 7, smh.

:lol:

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

the only goalie to ever blew a series lead in the finals to lose a four-peat?

what a loser.

I'm surprised you were paying attention, never felt like you knew the playoffs had started in the conference final.

4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Eh, I understand that. I was just stating that as a separate matter.

The Legion would not have gotten where they were at all without him. If Wingate left, and Clegane didn't take over the way he did, things were not going to be so amazing.

Isn't that more of an argument for MVP rather than most outstanding player though?

5 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

If I was going to be biased at all, I would have voted for myself. :ph34r:

But like I said, Toronto was lucky to get Greg Clegane to sign onto the team late and propel us to all those wins and straight back to the finals.

Jokes on you, I didn't even know you were on Toronto!

55 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

The only reason he would be qualified for being an MVP is because of his outstanding performance.

I agree, but to me his importance to the team should only be a factor in the MVP vote, not this one.  Most Outstanding Player should be awarded to the player with the most outstanding performance regardless of how important they were to their team.  By no means am I saying his performance wasn't outstanding.

• Admin

Just for a quick rundown of the big outstanding achievements in this ballot, in case people weren't aware. This is the reason why 4 players might well feel hard done by:

Greg Clegane: first goalie to .940 since S10ish

Sandro Clegane: shutouts record, beating one Jardy set in S27 (obviously Greg and Weinstein also feature high on the list).

Zach Parechkin: second most hits ever I think - would have beat the record which stood since S30 but Valmount got it a couple seasons ago

Black Velvet: one of the higher scoring defencemen ever, first to 120 since mid 30s

Ariel Weinstein: GAA record - 3rd consecutive season it's been broken - i think the top 5 is all now S49-51

Plus obviously generally good stats aside from those.

Velvet I think would have stood a solid chance in most seasons but when up against record setters he's not really in the running for me.

Out of the goalies, I predictably went for myself but the logic would have applied if it was some other way around as well - shutouts and GAA have been insane for a couple seasons now across the board but save % genuinely hasn't been touched in half a decade IRL.

So really I see it as G.Clegane vs Parechkin which is how the vote is going anyway. Bit unfortunate for everyone involved as all 5 could reasonably expect to win it most seasons.

On 11/24/2016 at 11:45 AM, Jericho said:

THIS IS A REGULAR SEASON AWARD! PLAYOFFS ARE NOT TO BE CONSIDERED!

Jesus fuck we can repeat that shit every year and we still get this shit!

And also this is Most Outstanding Player not Most Valuable Player.

13 hours ago, Victor said:

So really I see it as G.Clegane vs Parechkin which is how the vote is going anyway. Bit unfortunate for everyone involved as all 5 could reasonably expect to win it most seasons.

And that's a product of the gigantic disparity in the league at the moment.

• Will locked this topic