S51 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Will

S51 Most Outstanding  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Will changed the title to S51 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

I'm going to say that this has to be the first time in history that the league's leading scorer wasn't even included on the Brett Slobodzian ballot. Which I think is pretty rank. I mean, I know I had a vote in all this in everything, which I was too busy/lazy to exercise (#makeamericagreatagain), but still.

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

I'm going to say that this has to be the first time in history that the league's leading scorer wasn't even included on the Brett Slobodzian ballot. Which I think is pretty rank. I mean, I know I had a vote in all this in everything, which I was too busy/lazy to exercise (#makeamericagreatagain), but still.

Actually there's no BOG ballot for this, I just do it with some minor suggestions from Higgins.

I didn't think I stood a chance next to Parechkin anyways and didn't want 6 people

17 minutes ago, Draper said:

Actually there's no BOG ballot for this, I just do it with some minor suggestions from Higgins.

I didn't think I stood a chance next to Parechkin anyways and didn't want 6 people

Yeah, I suppose Parechkin, G. Clegane, and Velvet are all the bosses of their respective position, but I would have put Koponen over S. Clegane, or even Weinstein. Three goalies was probably excessive. I'm not even certain Sandro was the most outstanding player on Riga.

10 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Yeah, I suppose Parechkin, G. Clegane, and Velvet are all the bosses of their respective position, but I would have put Koponen over S. Clegane, or even Weinstein. Three goalies was probably excessive. I'm not even certain Sandro was the most outstanding player on Riga.

you're right I was the most outstanding player on Riga

Believe it or not this is actually a tough decision. 131 Points for Parechkin is pretty upper tier. And 121 points for Velvet a D? But I had to go with The Mountain, finishing a season with .940 is just astounding stuff. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Believe it or not this is actually a tough decision. 131 Points for Parechkin is pretty upper tier. And 121 points for Velvet a D? But I had to go with The Mountain, finishing a season with .940 is just astounding stuff. 

That is good, but Sandro had a slightly better GAA, record and 22 fucking shutouts.

Just now, Mr. Power said:

And 400 less saved. GAA is a team stat. The save percentage difference is huge.

Indeed, but not letting a single puck in is not a team stat. The man was the Price of the VHL.

Not to take anything away from Greg (he may still be the better candidate), but I totally see why we had that many goalies on the ballot.

I had to go with The Mountain. The Legion would not have gotten to Game 7 of the finals this season without him. He played lights out in so many games, and got the win for us even when we weren't scoring.

Although, I might have just killed Parechkin's chances of winning it since I voted for Greg. This was a hard vote. Took a long look at Sandro and even Parechkin's 434 hits.

It's weird seeing Zach on here as well and not Max. They are a duo. :P

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I had to go with The Mountain. The Legion would not have gotten to Game 7 of the finals this season without him. He played lights out in so many games, and got the win for us even when we weren't scoring.

Although, I might have just killed Parechkin's chances of winning it since I voted for Greg. This was a hard vote. Took a long look at Sandro and even Parechkin's 434 hits.

It's weird seeing Zach on here as well and not Max. They are a duo. :P

THIS IS A REGULAR SEASON AWARD! PLAYOFFS ARE NOT TO BE CONSIDERED!

Jesus fuck we can repeat that shit every year and we still get this shit!

51 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Yeah that.

What you bolded is actually a whole different award, it's called Playoff MVP!

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Eh, I understand that. I was just stating that as a separate matter.

The Legion would not have gotten where they were at all without him. If Wingate left, and Clegane didn't take over the way he did, things were not going to be so amazing.

8 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

He's not, but he has a point.

I don't really think the playoff portion of DaaD's post was the most relevant point. I think he was being specific about where we got, but the theme was that we wouldn't have made the playoffs at all, or been competitive, if it weren't for Clegane. 

Regardless, it didn't warrant a 72 (okay, maybe like 32) point font response. I'd wager that DaaD is one of the more unbiased and thoughtful voters that submit a response to this poll. 

15 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I don't really think the playoff portion of DaaD's post was the most relevant point. I think he was being specific about where we got, but the theme was that we wouldn't have made the playoffs at all, or been competitive, if it weren't for Clegane. 

Regardless, it didn't warrant a 72 (okay, maybe like 32) point font response. I'd wager that DaaD is one of the more unbiased and thoughtful voters that submit a response to this poll. 

Oh I agree, but factor in his comment was made most likely directly after voting (which given his thought process) was cast with playoffs in mind. That's why it looks bad

That being said I don't think he voted because he was a teammate, Greg is a viable option that is easily validated.

4 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

If I was going to be biased at all, I would have voted for myself. :ph34r:

But like I said, Toronto was lucky to get Greg Clegane to sign onto the team late and propel us to all those wins and straight back to the finals.

the only goalie to ever blew a series lead in the finals to lose a four-peat?

what a loser.