S52 VHLM Team Contraction

Higgins

10 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I believe he should be an active feee agent which would give them a year of his rights and another team might get a shot if he doesn't reach the cap for S53

I don't get it though. You're ok with a team randomly getting his rights for 2 but not with a team drafting him and getting 2? Or is this only one year no matter what?

2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

I don't get it though. You're ok with a team randomly getting his rights for 2 but not with a team drafting him and getting 2? Or is this only one year no matter what?

You get free agents for 1 yr? So I'm not sure what your talking about as I'm confused 

The original post says that all of Moscow's "under contract" players are going to be randomly assigned to VHLM teams for the remainder of their contracts. Dwyer suggested putting them in the draft instead, which isn't that bad of idea, even if you are drafting them for lower terms.

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

That seems super odd but hey helps me I guess

I understand where your coming from but him entering free agency lets all 7 teams have the most equal chance at acquiring his rights in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Yeah if you wish to draft him for a season I would like that better but I mean the random assigning idea was stupid 

I agree with that but I think the releasing him to FA isn't great either. I understand that it, on paper, gives every team a chance to get him, but in reality i would assume its hurting those teams that saved up those picks and such, and helps contenders like me who wouldn't have been able to draft anyone since I traded all my picks but are now able to sign a very solid member to our team. Which I'm fine with from a GM perspective since it helps me but seems unfair.

Idk I might be totally misunderstanding this, I'm pretty confused TBH haha

Moscow refugees have been randomized to VHLM teams, they are now property. @JardyB10 @ADwyer87 @TheLastOlympian07 @President Donald Trump @hedgehog337 @Streetlight @Smarch

OSLO: (S50) LW - Spit Fire, TPE: 30

BRAMPTON: (S50) D - Luke Matthews, TPE: 52 (CGY)

OTTAWA: (S51) RW - Hailey Cattrall, TPE: 30 (NYA)

BRATISLAVA: (S51) C - Josef Adeline, TPE: 30

SASKATOON: (S52) C - Ryan Nichollson, TPE: 30

BERN: (S51) D - Shaka, TPE: 43 (CGY)

YUKON: (S52) LW - Maximillian Ferrero, TPE: 30

BRATISLAVA: (S51) D - Robert Jelen, TPE: 172 (DAV)

BERN: (S52) D - Aeschylus Jigglejawns CXXXVII, TPE: 83

2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Moscow refugees have been randomized to VHLM teams, they are now property. @JardyB10 @ADwyer87 @TheLastOlympian07 @President Donald Trump @hedgehog337 @Streetlight @Smarch

OSLO: (S50) D - Luke Matthews, TPE: 52 (CGY)

OTTAWA: (S51) RW - Hailey Cattrall, TPE: 30 (NYA)

YUKON: (S51) D - Robert Jelen, TPE: 172 (DAV)

BERN: (S52) LW - Maximillian Ferrero, TPE: 30

BRATISLAVA: (S52) D - Aeschylus Jigglejawns CXXXVII, TPE: 83

BRAMPTON: (S50) G - Joanna Akerfeldt, TPE: 149 (CGY)

SASKATOON: (S51) C - Josef Adeline, TPE: 30

BRATISLAVA: (S52) C - Ryan Nichollson, TPE: 30

YUKON: (S50) LW - Spit Fire, TPE: 30

OTTAWA: (S51) D - Shaka, TPE: 43 (CGY)

Again, Akerfeldt doesn't have a contract anymore, and should be a FA, and thus not in the draft, or on any VHLM team for that matter unless @enigmatic logged on and signed somewhere as a FA.

Other than, everything is dine. Except Yukon getting even better :cry:

Just now, JardyB10 said:

Again, Akerfeldt doesn't have a contract anymore, and should be a FA, and thus not in the draft, or on any VHLM team for that matter unless @enigmatic logged on and signed somewhere as a FA.

Other than, everything is dine. Except Yukon getting even better :cry:

Ok now you have me confused on VHLM player rights because Akerfeldt was drafted as a S50 in the VHL meaning a rookie contract of S50, 51, 52. So should they not still be VHLM eligible?

Just now, Higgins said:

Ok now you have me confused on VHLM player rights because Akerfeldt was drafted as a S50 in the VHL meaning a rookie contract of S50, 51, 52. So should they not still be VHLM eligible?

No, because she was drafted in S49, even though she might be a S50 player. You get three seasons in the VHLM from when you were VHLM drafted.

Just now, JardyB10 said:

No, because she was drafted in S49, even though she might be a S50 player. You get three seasons in the VHLM from when you were VHLM drafted.

Really confusing because a S50 labeled player could have been VHLM drafted in S49 or S50 depending on when they created.

1 minute ago, Higgins said:

Really confusing because a S50 labeled player could have been VHLM drafted in S49 or S50 depending on when they created.

Indeed it is. I find the best way to be sure when it's close like that is just to check the "outgoing player" draft class (in this case, S49) to see who should all be retiring in a given season. I'm pretty sure Akerfeldt is the only one from Moscow.

Now I guess you'll have to re-roll this! Only this time so Ottawa gets Jelen and Jigglejawns. :P

2 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Indeed it is. I find the best way to be sure when it's close like that is just to check the "outgoing player" draft class (in this case, S49) to see who should all be retiring in a given season. I'm pretty sure Akerfeldt is the only one from Moscow.

Now I guess you'll have to re-roll this! Only this time so Ottawa gets Jelen and Jigglejawns. :P

Right Luke Matthews and Spit Fire are S50 but were both drafted in the VHLM S50 Draft so they are still eligible.

Sadly I must re-do this without (S50) G - Joanna Akerfeldt, TPE: 149 (CGY) who is now a VHLM free agent.