Bratislava, VHLM Sleepers

Devise

Many believe that it is only a matter of time until the Saskatoon Wild win the VHLM Founders Cup. The team is clearly the favorite, and looks to be well on their way to finishing the season with the most points. However there is a sleep favorite beginning to emerge out of the European conference. That of course being the Bratislava Watchmen. The Watchmen are on a 9 game winning streak, have made improvements to their roster and once they really found their mojo have seemed unstoppable. They have gotten goal scoring from lots of places, including from one of the best forwards in the VHLM in Phil Shankly. They have gotten timely goaltending from M.T. Power. And they have seemed nearly unstoppable once they get their groove going. Even looking past the 9 game winning streak, the team has only actually lost twice in the last twenty games. 

What is more scary is the distinct possibility that the Wild can't hang onto the points lead. I know what your saying, it's crazy talk. The Wild sit 19 points ahead of the Watchmen in overall league standings, however the Wild have one of the lowest goal for totals of any team in the league. Why is this relevant? It's relevant because team MVP Rhett Degrath has played 59 of a possible 64 games. Meaning he only has 5 games left to play, with the rest going to the new pick up for the team a goalie named Mist4ke. Meanwhile the Watchmen can ride Power right to the end of the season, challenging anyone to stop this win streak as he has already not played for 9 games. Given the Wilds offensive struggles, the idea that they could lose more than they win to finish out the season isn't unrealistic especially considering in their last twenty with Degrath even they have gone 13-7, including two losses to the aformentioned Watchmen. They'll get Degrath for the next and final head to head game between the two teams, which is the next game they play. However if the Watchmen can continue to build the momentum they have been, and remain on this great streak they could be real sleepers in the playoffs and even in the regular season. 13 games may not seem like a lot, but when a team is streaking like Bratislava is standings could easily be influenced by continued consistent play. 

I don't think that 64 game rule is in affect. And if it is it wasn't enforced Last Year, or any year I was there for that matter.

also if that is the case, we still have 5 games let against non-playoff teams so that shouldn't be too bad

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

I don't think that 64 game rule is in affect. And if it is it wasn't enforced Last Year, or any year I was there for that matter.

also if that is the case, we still have 5 games let against non-playoff teams so that shouldn't be too bad

Yeah no goalie rule in the vhlm 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

No goalie rules despite us having so many real player goalies? Silly and adds to reason why VHLM can be less important.

I mean, since I've been a VHLM GM I believe this is only the second time there's been an active backup and third time overall. And back in S49 we only had 4 goalies and 1 active, and in S50 we had 5 goalies and 1 active, so we usually don't have that many real player goalies. Maybe now that there's second players there will be an influx, but this year's 9 goalies and 5 actives seems to be the outlier as far as real player goalies

Edited by ADwyer87