Fantasy Hockey Discussion

evrydayimbyfuglien

The only fantasy hockey thread I saw was in regards to creating a VHL Fantasy League on ESPN or whatever so I actually wanted one regarding adds/drops/trade help. Yes, this is self serving as I have a question regarding a possible acquisition.

First, a little background on the league...it's 12 teams, 32 players per team (4 RW, 4 LW, 4 C, 6 D, 2 G active, 12 Bench, most categories wins, if you need more info just ask) My question is this, someone just dropped Hampus Lindholm to the waiver wire, I had Trevor van Riemsdyk just taking up space on my bench since he was hurt anyway, should I go ahead and grab Lindholm with my top waiver priority and leave him on the bench until he ultimately signs or gets traded or should I hope he clears waivers and I can grab him without using my waiver priority? 

Anyone have any idea what will be done with him?

Edit: I should specify this is a dynasty league with a 12 man minor league roster so youth is usually highly sought after.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

6 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

If it were up to me, I would snag him simply because he has way more upside than TvR. its just that simpl because he will get resigned at some point or at least traded.

Yeah, it wasn't so much if I should swap the two it was more should I use my top waiver priority.

Thanks for the feedback either way. 

2 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Yeah, it wasn't so much if I should swap the two it was more should I use my top waiver priority.

Thanks for the feedback either way. 

OHH sorry its early in the morning for me.

Hmm that's a tough one. The way I see it, do you think you could do better than Hampus Lindholm on waivers, top defenseman don't usually end up on waivers. It also depends how your starting defenseman look too.

I currently have Matt Dumba, Mike Green, Ben Hutton, Brayden McNabb, Alex Petrovic, Keith Yandle, Francois Beuchemin, Chris Bigras (in Minors but he's not minor eligible in my leauge) Oscar Klefbom, Andrei Markov, and Nikita Zadorov.

I definitely don't expect anyone better come through the waiver wire. I think the GM just got antsy with the holdout considering he dropped him for Vrbata.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

2 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Bowey was pretty amazing to watch in Kelowna when they had that super team with him, Josh Morrissey and Leon Draisaitl.

I honestly never really got into the minor league stuff until this dynasty league I'm in as is reflected by my mediocre at best minor league roster lol