Reddit Recruitment Day 2 (Upvote/Comment for 2 TPE!)

DollarAndADream

6 hours ago, jfranzen said:

Thanks! Trying to grasp the format still. Relatively new to RP, definitely not new to hockey. Admittedly almost bordering on disinterest when it comes to content creation. I foresee my player suffering as I'm not really a content person, but more of an actual player. I may just hang around and observe the community and chime in from time to time.

ETA: I should add, I do create content for the league I play in, but it's usually just me filming the games and taking pictures.

That's actually how I kind of felt too when I joined. Although I did have an interest in creative writing, the idea of doing it weekly for a group of strangers was both daunting and disinteresting. So I basically just lurked for a month, doing very minimal things to improve my player.

Eventually enough time went by, that I felt a lot more comfortable writing stuff. I knew enough of the league going ons that it almost came naturally. 

Though, as I said, I did have a predisposition to writing, so obviously no two experiences will be the same. But I think if you stay engaged even a little bit for long enough, things will work out well.

And honestly, if you have an idea/method of content you would feel more comfortable doing/submitting, but it isn't a traditional method of gaining points, you could definitely make a suggestion and we'd be very open to implementing something new. Videos (generally highlight reels with a little bit of text editing to make them "VHL related") actually are implemented point tasks here, but we've seen very few of them over the years since they're probably more work than other methods.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I'm underslept. Welcome!

• Will locked this topic