This is not a Podcast, Phil [Reviewed]

Phil

Shankly Has Come to the VHL

bill-shankly_1534159c.jpg

“It’s been so long since I’ve taken a forward under my wing,” Knight told VHL.com this morning. “I really enjoy working with defensemen. Villeneuve and Hamilton have been very mature, stable characters, but I sort of miss the impetuousness of the youthful forwards. The kind that think they are going to become the greatest scorers ever. Of course, with Rafter, that was almost the case. Amazing talent, that man. Anyway, I’m keen to start working with Shankly. He’s got a ton of energy.”

Knight spoke to us straight for 20 minutes, talking about his clients with tremendous pride. As you should know by now, he’s represented Phil Gerrard, Phil Rafter, Phil Villeneuve, Phil Hamilton, and now Phil Shankly will be his fifth player. Gerrard started his career as a RW but switched to C to help the Legion to a Cup. Rafter was one of the greatest centers ever in the VHL. Villeneuve, by Knight’s standard’s was a failure, and Hamilton appears to be his most decorated player.

“I am honoured and proud to have won the lotto and allowed to be in the first group of agents allowed to bring in a second player at the same time to the VHL. The timing was perfect for me, because otherwise, I would have lost this talent.”

Knight had actually just returned from a visit to England for his cousin’s wedding. He also took the opportunity to make a home call to Shankly and discuss when he’s going to declare for the VHL, and what to expect in the VHLM.

“You’ll want to play on Bern if you can,” Knight reportedly told him. “The GM, @sterling , is one of the greatest and you’ll definitely gain a complete feel for the league very quickly there. Although if you hate the city, there are many competent and great GMs currently in the VHLM.(@Smarch @JardyB10@ADwyer87)

1974_bill_shankly.jpg

Sure enough, just minutes after declaring for the S52 draft, the Bern GM had contacted Shankly, who agreed instantly, despite more offers just seconds later.

“I am excited for Shankly and for myself, to be completely honest. I am definitely ready to embark on another adventure and am almost shocked at myself for finding a talent like Shankly to be my in-flight entertainment as well as my compass. He’s a boisterous lad who’s not only a terrific skater and sharp shooter, but has an exceptionally strong core. I would not be surprised if one day he wins the Boulet Trophy.”

It is apparent just from his words that Knight is as giddy as a schoolgirl and just itching to get underway with Shankly. It’s been such a busy few weeks for him, that he hasn’t managed to stay on top of his current client, Hamilton, who’s busy being lazy in Cologne. He’s missed practice all last week for the first time in his career. That’s the sort of thing that Knight will not tolerate.

“I’ll deal with him later,” Knight told us. “I know he’s been disappointed in his play this season, as it’s a big drop from last season, but that should have the opposite effect on him. It should make him practice more. I think he knows this, but he’ll also be expecting the hairdryer treatment from me and that’s exactly what he’s going to get. I wanted this week to be about Shankly, and it still will be, but if you want some comic relief, interview Hamilton after I’ve finished tearing him a new one.”

Some potent words from the agent. We don’t dare take those words lightly. Hamilton still has the most practice hours out of the S45 class, already well over the 1000-mark, but with Hamilton now in his sixth season, he needs to ensure that he stays on top of his game, especially if he wants a shot at a third Cup.

So this week’s been an interesting one for Phil Knight. Tune into KnightTime radio this Sunday to catch up on all the latest VHL news. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

How was by MS from this week reviewed before my MS from last week!? @DollarAndADream :P

Why don't you shut the hell up, Phil?

I've been super busy this week and haven't been doing my job properly!

I'll be getting to those podcasts this week as well. There's too many there unreviewed, especially by der meister. @der meister poor guy. I'm sorry.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

If I didn't like you, @DollarAndADream, then I probably wouldn't bug you as much as i do.

I didn't put an emoji into that response to you, and I feel like some may interpret it as serious because of that.

But you know me, so you know I can tell you that you're a fucking idiot and it's all jokes.

....:ph34r:

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

I didn't put an emoji into that response to you, and I feel like some may interpret it as serious because of that.

But you know me, so you know I can tell you that you're a fucking idiot and it's all jokes.

....:ph34r:

You can tell me that I'm a fucking idiot because it's a fact.

and lol... i really hope some are convinced you are serious.

I really hope some are convinced you are serious

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Phil said:

You can tell me that I'm a fucking idiot because it's a fact.

and lol... i really hope some are convinced you are serious.

I really hope some are convinced you are serious

:ph34r:

If this were the SHL I would have just gotten suspended.