S49 Hall of Fame Induction

Devise

I waited long enough on the Blue Team/Victor to post this, we even bumped the thread in the BoG several times. Enough is enough. With that said....

Welcome to the S49 Hall of Fame Induction. It was a rather...abnormal HoF this past season as we had no new names added to the ballot, and despite having 5 names on the overall ballot, and two names for builder we only end up with a single inductee. The BoG was divided it seems, with arguments being made for and against certain players/members even after voting had begun, which is generally more unusual. So without further ado....

----------------------

Despite having a shortened career, @boom earns his second Hall of Famer with Bismarck Koenig! Koenig had a successful individual career despite not winning a single Continental Cup. Koenig did however play for four different teams, being drafted by Davos before joining the Cologne Express in a blockbsuter trade for stud defender Mason Richardson. Koenig would then test free agency the remainder of his career, joining the Wranglers for a season, returning to Davos for a season and finally the  Helsinki Titans, which would wrap up his career two seasons early in Season 47. Despite not winning a Continental Cup Koenig was apart of some successful playoff teams. He made the Cup finals on three occasions, twice with the Express and once with the Wranglers. Considering Koenig had his truly break out season in his final year, Season 47, we will be left to wonder what might of been as Bismarck could of been the primary forward after the retirement of the great Thomas O'Malley. None the less, Koenig's impressive individual performances both from an award and statistical perspective has solidified his place in the VHL Hall of Fame! 

C - Bismarck Koenig, S42-S47 :dav::col::cal::hel:
432 GP, 285 G, 320 A, 605 P, +244, 305 PIM, 769 HIT, 163 SB, 49 GW, 53.15 FO%

S43 Dustin Funk Trophy

S43 Mikka Virkkunen Trophy

S44 Mikka Virkkunen Trophy

S45 Kevin Brooks Trophy

S47 Scotty Campbell Trophy

S47 Brett Slobodzian Trophy

S47 Mike Szatkowski Trophy

S47 Alexander Beketov Trophy

Player Vote:

Bismarck Koenig - 8/13

Felix Peters - 6/13

Mike Szatkowski Jr. - 4/13

Mason Richardson - 4/13

Congratulations to @boom and see you all again next season!

Surprised to say the least. Thanks for the votes and proud to have #2. Sorry for others who probably deserved to get in. I never thought BK would amount to anything and the tour thing was stupid. He lucked out with some awards so I'm grateful for the honor.

• Admin
On 8/8/2016 at 6:04 PM, .sniffuM said:

Is there a limit for how long a player can sit on the HOF ballot? Because I feel like Peters passed that like 45 seasons ago.

certainly no limit as long as he keeps getting votes

And congrats Koenig, kept on forgetting to post this so thanks Devise.

On 8/16/2016 at 11:00 AM, gregreg said:

DAMMIT PETERS 

The worst part is I feel like there has been a contingent of us who agree it's time to throw Peters in for seasons now, but it's never enough each season.