Off-season rage

Toast

Don’t call me bitter, but I’m pretty bitter.

Trying to even get anything done as a team that could be in, but isn’t quite there yet is probably the most frustrating thing ever. From GMs flat-out ignoring your PMs instead of bothering to even reply and decline to free agents with the ol’ “try again next season!” line as if it isn’t an insult to the team. All of it is just very frustrating to deal with because then there is the cap floor issue that we have to deal with because nobody wants to play ball here.

So, Riga will power through Faux’ final season with some inactive additions to the team regardless of how long these damn bidding processes take, and hopefully find the same chemistry that the team found last season. I see lots of teams loading up for the season, and I wish them all the best, but this team does have what it takes to make a run in the European conference still and have another run in the playoffs.

I’m excited what the season has in store for us with the core of the team developing quite quickly. We’re taking home trophies, and eventually we’re going to be taking the big one home too. 

The last time Riga won a Cup... Phil was there.

Coincidence? You're fucking right it is... Villeneuve sucked.

But I feel that in 3 seasons time, it will be Riga's era. I don't know why... I just feel it. 

18 hours ago, sterling said:

Maybe next season you could send a PM to potential free agents instead of making a simple contract offer. It goes a far way.

Last season I sent a pretty good pitch (in my opinion) just to get one line in response. No discussion or anything, just shut down. You said that you would consider us if we were contenders, and not much has changed since then. I have a feeling that if I did this, I would've gotten a similar response as I did last season. I'm sure Calgary did along the same as I would've, and it went a 'far way' to get that honourable mention. 

It'd be foolish not to submit an offer in case you did want to discuss, but I just assumed you would stick to the top teams. I did send pitches to the free agents that I felt Riga had a chance for. I just decided to throw offers around to the other big players to see if anything would come from it. :P 

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Last season I sent a pretty good pitch (in my opinion) just to get one line in response. No discussion or anything, just shut down. You said that you would consider us if we were contenders, and not much has changed since then. I have a feeling that if I did this, I would've gotten a similar response as I did last season. I'm sure Calgary did along the same as I would've, and it went a 'far way' to get that honourable mention. 

It'd be foolish not to submit an offer in case you did want to discuss, but I just assumed you would stick to the top teams. I did send pitches to the free agents that I felt Riga had a chance for. I just decided to throw offers around to the other big players to see if anything would come from it. :P 

You never know until you try I suppose. I was close to signing with Calgary, they would have been my choice otherwise and it was because they kept bothering me with pitches from their players and GM.

Part of this might be at me - sorry, between this offseason happening and the TCBL inaugural draft, I was in and out all weekend and when you shut me down, I stopped checking your PMs as closely. I realize now that you misread it and came back with another offer, but I was on to other things and busy. It was rude to not reply.

Also, this sort of brings up another point that has always bothered me (@sterling mentions it above), why does the VHL always have every team making offers on a free agent in public? I don't offer on someone publicly unless we've come to an agreement in a PM. Why isn't that discussion happening one on one instead of in a free agent thread? I have always thought that was incredibly dumb. Post an offer when you've come to an agreement. Let's stop with this nonsense of every team posting an offer on every free agent.