VHL Cup Finals, GM 5: Cologne vs. Toronto

Will

FYM with the cup winning, GWG!

Damn. I'm so proud of you guys on my team. Another cup? Damn, son!

Wingate, so clutch.

Molholt, such a superstar.

LSP being LSP. Can't say enough about him.

Parechkin? He finally stepped it up with 13 goals in 16 games. Many of them in the finals. 2 points under Molholt, and Wingate had a great performance as well so it will be interesting to see who gets MVP.

The rest of you fuckers. We all played phenomenal. Took out the Meute in less time than anyone thought.

GG, Cologne. You played a great series. Many close games. Toronto got some good bounces as well.

@Molholt@Tylar@atw2592@Leonidas@Christmas@Higgins@CowboyinAmerica@hedgehog337@stevo

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

To the VHL Champions:

Can't say this wasn't expected! Glad we got one off those Legionnaires. Fantastic season Toronto. The dream continues for you. Just be careful about that cap space now!! Really really well done. Parechkin had a phenominal year and playoffs and its a foregone conclusion that Molholt will dominant and Wingate will WinGod. Even Black Velvet didn't suck as much as he should have! Bless you boys and may you enjoy the off season because you're gonna get crushed next season! 

To my train passengers:

Epic season boys. This was the first season Cologne looked like the dominant Cologne I envied. Big shout out to @gregreg for switching to center, even though you really didn't want to. That spurred us through the season and is a big reason why we could even take games off the big boys.  Some great development from @Kendrick and @Knight's players and you both put on brilliant performance in the playoffs! @Tim - you were a great addition and we are totally set to take down those aging Toronto bastards next season, especially if @fever95 can drop a few more #ArtomBombs I will be splurging on discipline in the off-season because I don't like the number of PIMs I'm taking and I crave more ice-time.

To the league:

Quebec, well done - strung a fuckwad of wins together but couldn't close down Toronto. I feel bad for NYA and Sea who both had great teams but just couldn't keep up with the que and tor powerhouses. I'm happy Riga finally won a playoff series again (yay @Toast) and I want to thank all those with jobs, the graders, updaters, simmers, and mag writers for their continued hard work and all those contributing on the site by posting, doing PTs and generating discussions! Great to see it! 

So in conclusion that you all for another fantastic season! I can't believe this closes out the first half-century of VHL seasons... now comes S50. OMG I CAN"T WAIT! 

#ApparentlyNotALeader #WhatsThe GrimmJonssonTrophy #LeadingThroughAdversity

I can't say enough how proud I am of this team for winning back-to-back Continental Cups, which has only been done 5 times before. The celebration begins now, but so does the preparation for next year also. We aren't done yet.

@hedgehog337 thanks for coming back and being a key part in two Cup wins. You've been huge for us and you'll be missed.

@Higgins the dream of 8 Cup wins is still alive for Black Velvet!

@DollarAndADream Parechkin has really come into his own and is an elite VHL player. You deserve to win the Grimm again and I hope you do. You were the first key to this rebuild and I couldn't have asked for anything more, even out of a 1st overall.

@stevo Always a favorite member, in the locker room, etc. You've been a huge piece for us since the moment we drafted you and our defense wouldn't be the same without you.

@atw2592 I'm so glad you decided to come back! I know you had second thoughts last year, but we wouldn't be here without you. Your play continues to impress and you've been a huge cog in this Toronto machine.

@Christmas you haven't been around much, but congrats!

@Tylar You really were the lucky charm, like my own player Olsen was! You were such a great addition on the ice and in the locker room, we made the right choice by targeting you and I hope this helps ignite your interest in the league some more!

@Leonidas you suck!

and finally... @CowboyinAmerica we quite literally wouldn't be here without you. Getting you in free agency kicked this off and I knew we'd be competitive, but even I didn't know if we'd win one Cup, much less two in a row. You've carried us and you haven't gotten the recognition that you've deserved. You're the real MVP.