2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

31 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Since we have an entire NHL Discussion board, it would be cool if we had individual topics but I doubt they would get as much replies.

Draft hype 2 hours though

I contemplated getting a NHL Draft thread but then  thought it looks better having our big thread. Lets push this one over last years!

5 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Didn't even realize the draft was tonight. Only have an hour to read up on all the prospects!

Come on, my team doesn't have any picks and I still knew!

I'm pretty stoked on Olli Juolevi.

If Jesse Puljujarvi or PL Dubois were there, then I would have wanted them.....but Juolevi over Mathew Tkatchuk for sure. Much of Canucks Nation is upset over not taking Tkatchuk, because of his overhype, but you can't be disappointed in a puck moving, high IQ top defenseman.

Fucking Edmonton, getting another elite caliber forward in Puljujarvi.

4 hours ago, brovy said:

Cool I really like Juolevi, exactly what the canucks needed and the fact the canucks are gonna be in on players like Stamkos/Ericksson/Lucic there was no need to draft a forward when they had the chance to get an offensive d men like Juolevi.

But at the same time the kid still needs a couple years of grooming before he is NHL ready.

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

But at the same time the kid still needs a couple years of grooming before he is NHL ready.

Probably 2 or 3 I would say. Who knows, maybe he wows at training camp this season. I doubt it though. I'm really excited for Boeser.

5 hours ago, Kendrick said:

The Canucks can afford to wait, they have more than enough defensemen right now that they want to try atleast.

7 hours ago, brovy said:

The Canucks can afford to wait, they have more than enough defensemen right now that they want to try atleast.

Of course, I'm just stating that the timeline for FA's and this player in particular don't lineup entirely. By the time he makes the NHL, their 2-3 year FA contracts may have expired.

5 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

And will soon lose him to an injury

That has been said about many, but trading a 3rd is smart because they often don't find the NHL.