2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

I punched my bed when I saw the Devils logo on that card. I'm still riding some kind of high.

I wouldn't want to be Ray and co, this decision could be franchise-altering. A lot of Devils fans are torn between Patrick being riddled with injury but still being considered the #1 OA prospect, despite that.

6 minutes ago, AwfulHomesick said:

I punched my bed when I saw the Devils logo on that card. I'm still riding some kind of high.

I wouldn't want to be Ray and co, this decision could be franchise-altering. A lot of Devils fans are torn between Patrick being riddled with injury but still being considered the #1 OA prospect, despite that.

My opinion is this:

Patrick looks like a good prospect and a poor mans Toews. The injury worries me. I also don't think any of this years players could step into a roster and be an asset right now. Matthews, Eichel, Laine and McDavid all had that "wow" factor.

Niko looks good but I also worry about his size in the NHL. His fight and determination look unmatched in this draft.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

My opinion is this:

Patrick looks like a good prospect and a poor mans Toews. The injury worries me. I also don't think any of this years players could step into a roster and be an asset right now. Matthews, Eichel, Laine and McDavid all had that "wow" factor.

Niko looks good but I also worry about his size in the NHL. His fight and determination look unmatched in this draft.

Gun to your head, who do you take?

31 minutes ago, AwfulHomesick said:

Gun to your head, who do you take?

Patrick, because I think he could be a good player with some proper coaching and developing. Niko I think would need more of the right fit to actually succeed.

On 4/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, Pablo said:

After last season where they fell from 3-5 in the draft I think there due to get that jump from 2-1 and select Patrick :P 

they fell from 2-5 this season, wow why am I a nucks fan

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the core needs to go. Ovechkin, Carlson, and MoJo should be traded. But still pieces there to build around absolutely keep Backstrom, Kuzy, Burakovsky. Holt's is fine too. Just 3-4 big core pieces need to move. A big shake up needs to be made in regards to team identity.

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

Some of the core needs to go. Ovechkin, Carlson, and MoJo should be traded. But still pieces there to build around absolutely keep Backstrom, Kuzy, Burakovsky. Holt's is fine too. Just 3-4 big core pieces need to move. A big shake up needs to be made in regards to team identity.

I'd argue Orpik needs to go too. That guy is wasted space out there

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'd argue Orpik needs to go too. That guy is wasted space out there

Yeah he's probably AHL next season tbh. Our d core in the system is probably alright and I imagine we get return moving a few big names.

Just now, Devise said:

Yeah he's probably AHL next season tbh. Our d core in the system is probably alright and I imagine we get return moving a few big names.

Yeah that's true. Orpik has lost many steps and even has trouble picking up the pick. Id' say someone big might be left for Vegas

9 hours ago, Devise said:

I would be interested to see how Ovechkin would do outside of Washington. Do you have any ideas as to where you would want to move him/for what?

5 hours ago, MD9 said:

I would be interested to see how Ovechkin would do outside of Washington. Do you have any ideas as to where you would want to move him/for what?

Ovechkin for Crosby or Ovechkin for Malkin :autism: