TLO's EHM Thread

In this thread, I will give you my stories and franchises as I play multiple leagues and teams available throughout the game. To start off, I decided to keep it simple and just a warm up as I will play as the NHL's Anaheim Ducks. Stay tuned to see who I will be playing as ;)

Anaheim Ducks name new GM

After years of near misses and not being able to get back to the Final, the Anaheim Ducks have decided to fire GM Bob Murray. In a short statement the owner Henry Samueli said, "We'd like to take this time to thank Bob for his time put in on the franchise, but after much deliberation we have decided we needed a new man in charge. I would like to announce that the new GM leading us forward will be non other than the first ever draft pick in franchise history. Paul Kariya will be the man to lead us back to glory." 

Kariya.jpg

Kariya said in a short statement "Back 2003 when we went to the Stanley Cup Final but lost in 7 games, I promised the fans of Anaheim I would get us back to the final. After the lockout though, I couldn't come to terms with the Ducks which left me no choice but to leave the Ducks. I am back now though and will be looking to right the wrong I did back in 2004. I will lead this team to the finals and hopefully win my first cup as a result." 

The Salary Cap is set at 69 million, while we have a hit of 62.5 million our internal cap budget is set at 62.14 million. If we are to be players at the deadline, I want to free some cap. 

The Roster will be named after Training Camp. We Will do a short Roster Overview after camp plus a few prospect profiles. Invites to camp: 

D - Marcus Petterson 18 yo (2nd round pick, 38th OA 2014)

D - Shea Theodore 18 yo (1st round pick, 26th OA 2014)

LW - Nick Ritchie 18 yo (1st round pick, 10th OA 2014)

RW - Miro Aaltonen 21 yo (6th round pick, 177 OA 2013)

RW - Ondrej Kase 18 yo (7th round pick, 205th OA 2014)

RW - Andre Petterson 23 yo (Drafted by Ottawa in 2014)

rest of the prospects play in NCAA and can;t be invited to TC. 

Pre-season:

Sept 20 - at Colorado Avalanche

Sept 21 - at Edmonton Oilers

Sept 23 - vs St.Louis Blues 

Sept.24 - vs Buffalo Sabres

Sept.29 - at Calgary Flames

Sept.30 - vs Los Angeles Kings

---Sept 8---

First day we sold 13,810 season tickets which gave us 40 million in the bank

---Sept 10---

First trade of preseason:

To San Jose:

Drew Miller (30 yo, 1.35 million)

To Detroit:

rights to Julius Bergman 

---Sept 14---

Corey Perry and Cam Fowler come to camp in the best shape. 

Team Red and Blue drew 4-4 in intra sqauds

Team White beat Team Green 5-0

Andrew O'Brien injured his abdomen and will be out 2 weeks, ending his NHL training camp. returned to AHL Norfolk Admirals. 

---Sept 15---

Final season ticket sales are 13,822. Bringing the bank total to 41.7 million. 

---Sept 16---

Team Red beat Team Green 4-1

Team Blue beat Team White 4-0

---Sept 18---

Team White and Team Blue drew 3-3

Team Red beat Team Green 3-2

Jiri Sekac is making strides at camp says Bruce Boudreu

Emerson Stem is making strides at camp says Bruce Boudreu

---Sept 20---

Team White beat Team Blue 3-2

Team Red beat Team Green 4-0

Jiri Sekac turning heads at camp says Trent Yawney

Michael Sgarbossa turning heads at camp says Trent Yawney 

Anaheim Ducks at Colorado Avalanche

Jiri Sekac - Michael Sgarbossa - Andre Petersson

Nick Ritchie - Chris Sarault - Louis Leblanc

Nicolas Kerdiles -  Joseph Cramarossa - Tim Jackman

Max Freiberg - Ryan Getzlaf - Miro Aaltonen

Mark Fristric - Colby Robak

Shea Theodore - Josh Manson

Jaycob Megna - Marcus Pettersson

Jason LaBarbera

Fredrik Anderson

This is the lineup Coach BB named for the first pre-season game. 

The first period opened up with Megna scoring from Andre Petersson and Josh Manson halfway through. It ended 1-0 after 1. The 2nd period stated with Charles Sarault scoring from Mark Fristric. Colorado seemed to be put away at this point. Shea Theodore scored on the PP just 2 minutes into the 3rd from Marcus Pettersson and Ryan Getzlaf. 3 minutes to go, Colorado managed to score a goal to give the fans little hope from Ben Street, Trevor Cheek and Joey Hishon. Jiri Sekac though scored on a empty net 50 seconds after the Avs scored to put the game out of reach at 4-1. LaBarbera stopped 22/23 while his counterpart Spencer Martin stopped 27/30. LaBarbera was named 1st star, Jaycob Megna 2nd and Ryan Getzlaf 3rd. Josh Manson though, suffered a fractured shin and will be out 1 month, he was sent back to Norfolk in the AHL.

---Sept 21---

Anaheim Ducks at Edmonton Oilers

Just a few changes from the last game, Clayton Stoner and Korbinian Holzer step in as coach BB chooses the virtually the same lineup.

Steven Pinizotto scored an unassisted goal at 7 minutes of the 1st while Luke Gadzic combined with Antti Tyrvainen for a shorthanded goal with 5 minutes left in the 1st for give the Oilers a 2-0 lead. Miro Aaltonen scored to bring the Ducks back within a goal on the PP from Ryan Getzlaf and Clayton Stoner 52 seconds into the 2nd. They would head into the 3rd at 2-1. Darnell Nurse iced the game with an empty netter with 8 seconds left from Roman Horak. Jason LaBarbera stopped 17/19 while Ben Scrivens stopped 25/26. Pinizotto was named 1st star, Scrivens 2nd and Nurse 3rd. 

---Sept 22---

G Ryan Faragher 25, waived and sent to AHL Norfolk

G Igor Bobkov 23, sent to ECHL Utah

G Jason LaBarbera 34, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

D Kevin Gagne 22, sent to AHL Norfolk

D Jaycob Megna 21, sent to AHL Norfolk

D Mark Fristric 28, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

D Colby Robak 25, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

D Korbinian Holzer 25, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

D Clayton Stonder 29, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

D Sheldon Souray 38, waived, sent to AHL Norfolk (LTIR)

LW John Kurtz 25, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

LW Nicolas Kerdiles 20, sent to WHL Kelowna Rockets

LW Max Freiberg 21, sent to AHL Norfolk

LW Emerson Etem 22, sent to AHL Norfolk

C Joseph Cramarossa 21, sent to AHL Norfolk

C Antoine Laganiere 24, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

C Charles Sarault 22, sent to AHL Norfolk

C Michael Sgarbossa 22, sent to AHL Norfolk

C Chris Wagner 23, sent to AHL Norfolk

RW Matthew Bailey 23, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

RW Stefan Noesen 21, sent to AHL Norfolk

RW Louis Leblanc 23, waived sent to AHL Norfolk

RW Tim Jackman 32, waived sent to AHL Norolk

-----Training Camp Done----

Next to come, Roster Overview

• 2 weeks later...

*I think i finally, figured out what waas wrong, all the files I played kept corrupting. I think I fixed it*

Hungary For More Hockey

I decided to come back tot his save because I was kind of excited to see how it would be the play in a league I never played in. 

Alba Volan Szekesfehevar are a team from Szekesfehevar, Hungary. They play in their home arena of Gabor ice Hall which seats 3,600 people. They applied for the Austrian League after winning the Hungarian Hockey League a whopping 10 straight years. They were ready to face new and tougher competition. After their 10 straight years of dominance they applied and were granted acceptance into the Austrian Ice Hockey League. In their first season it was obvious that the competition was tough when they finished dead last with 5 wins and 14 points, a good 21 points behind 9th place. 

The next season saw massive improvement as they climbed one spot in the standings to 9th with 17 wins and 43 points, however they missed the playoffs by 9 points. 

In 2009-2010, The team made the playoffs for the first time in Austrian Hockey League History. They finished 6th with 25 wins and 57 points and played the Vienna Capitals in te 1st round. They would eventually lost in 5 games to Vienna which ended their first ever playoff run.

In 2010-2011, Alba took a step back finishing 9th in the league and missed the playoffs. Alba finished with 21 wins and 47 points, missing the playoffs by only 3 points.

In 2011-2012, the Austrian Hockey League expanded to 11 teams welcoming Orli Znojmo from the Czech Republic. The playoffs have changed also, the top 6 teams qualify for the playoffs and play a placement round both home and away against the others totaling 10 games to determine the best seeds, (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th given extra points which are 4,3,2,1). While the remaining 5 teams play in a qualifying round, home and away, against each other (1st, 2nd, 3rd given extra points which are 3,2 and 1). After a strong regular season, Alba qualified for the placement round, and after the placement round they finished 3rd and would play Slovenian side, Olimpija Ljubljana who finished 6th. After a hard fought 6 game series, Olimpija moved on leaving Alba looking for their first playoff series victory in their Austrian League history. 

In 2012-2013, Dornbirner were granted promotion from the Austrian 2nd league to the 1st league. Alba missed out on the Placement group after finishing 9th with 21 wins and 45 points. They had to play in the Qualifying and were even given 2 extra points for finishing as one of the best 4 team in the qualifying round. They however finished a disappointing 11th which just 8 points (6 wins, 2 placement points) and missed the playoffs. 

In 2013-2014, Zagreb of Croatia dropped out but HC Bolanzo of Italy took their place. Alba did not have a good 1st phase after they finished 10th out of 12 with 18 wins and 43 points. They entered qualification with 1 point due to finished in the top 4 of the teams who didnt make placement. After a miraculous 2nd phase, they finished 1st with 17 points (8 wins) and made the playoffs as the 7th seed (1st qualification seed). They got to face HC Bolanzo who finished 2nd in placement groups. Bolanzo swept aside Alba on route to being the 1st ever non Austrian playoff winner. *note, Redbull Salzburg are recognized as Austrian Champions due to being the last Austrian team left. 

Now we enter GM Lukas Berger who will pick up the pieces and try to get that first ever playoff series win for Alba Volan. I'm hungary for a playoff win!

Key Players

Frank Banham - 39 yo RW who still has some decent ability. He obviously isn't as fast as he once was but he won't embarrass himself with his skating. His slapshot and work rate are great. 

Christian Engstrand - 25 yo G who is the best out of the 3 capable starters we have on the team.  He has good stamina and is very quick. His goaltender stats all look good except for his positioning.

Zoltan Hetenyi - 26 yo G who is the backup but is capable of starting. He is a mentally strong, but most of his goalie stats are average.

Andrew Sarauer - 29 yo LW is a tough guy who can play at a decent level here in Austria. His work rate is great so is his agility but his shooting and passing are average.

Ladislav Sikorcin - 28 yo C is a very fast skater. He has top notch work rate and is very brave. He has next to no shot and has no stickhandling. 

Viktor Tokaji - 37 yo D is a pretty nice skater considering his advanced age. He is also very well positioned. He shys away from the physical play though.

Johan Ejdepalm - 32 yo D is the best skater on the team. Best checker on defense and is the most creative. His shot is average but I expect him to be the best defender on the team.

These are the key players the rest are a little under the abilities of these guys I talked about or just won't be with the team long enough to talk about

Pre-season Part 1

Lukas Berger gave a quick look over the roster and saw there were only 4 used foreign spots on the roster. Looking at the available free agents and who was willing to play and live in Hungary for the year, Lukas called the likes of Aaron Rome who was last seen playing with the Dallas Stars in the NHL, Angelo Esposito who was last seen playing with the defending Austrian champs Bolanzo in Italy, Michael Lamberti who played the last 5 seasons in LNAH, Steve Regier who is a Austrian League veteran of the past 3 seasons , Slovak Marcel Rodman who played the last 7 seasons in Austria and Yanick Lehoux who played the last 3 seasons in Germany with Mannheim. 

We also have sold 2,758 season tickets as we gear toward the new season, that jumps us from 100,000 in the green to 348,000 in the green. 

We just received word that Michael Lamberti accepted our contract offer, but I will hold off making it official due to there potentially being better players available. Angelo Esposito is not one of them though as he is Berlin of the DEL. Aaron Rome is also one of those players who won't being coming to Alba, as he agreed to terms with Klagenfurter. 

We are also just about to start the pre-season games. We kick off against the "Austrian" champions in Salzburg, before the capital in Vienna, than on to Linz and Grats before ending the pre-season roadie playing against Innsbruck.

Game 1: @ Redbull Salzburg

I played a weak side for the first game playing Miklos Rajna who is 3rd string goalie. Balint Magosi scored our only goal in a 2-1 loss with assists going to the young 18 year old Csanad Erdely and John Ejdepalm. Rajna saved 20/22 shots. Erdely was named 3rd star. Former Belleville Bull, John Hughes got an assist for Redbull. Their rookie goalie stopped 19/20 shots.

Game 2: @ Vienna 

Played my 4th string goalie for funs. Daniel Kornakker stopped 17/22 shots as we lost 5-4 and it shows hes not ready for primetime in the Austrian League. Defenseman Attila Orban was 3rd star and had 2 assists for us while Ladislav Sikorcin had 1 goal and 1 assist. Former Calgary Hitmen and former Carolina draft pick Brett Carson had 1 assist for Vienna. 

Just got a call that Steve Regier will be going to the Swedish Allsvenskan with Boras HC. 

Game 3: @ Linz

Played my backup, Zoltan Hetenyi this game, as well as rotating the squad just to keep things fresh and to make sure none of the older guys get hurt. We jumped out to an impressive 3-0 lead after 15 minutes but we managed to blow that and they tied it in the 2nd before we played out a 0-0 for the 3rd and OT. Linz managed to score all 3 shootout goals while only Frank Banham scored for us. Zoltan stopped 24/27 while Andres Benk scored 1 goal and assisted on 1 for us and was named 2nd star. Young 19 yo Peter Vincze had 2 assists for us as well. Former Atlanta Thrasher pick, Andrew Kozek was named first star with 1 G and 1 A for Linz.

Yanick Lehoux will be joining the Denver Cutthroats and David Rodman will be joining HK Bled of the Slovenian league, striking out on all the free agents. 

Game 4: @ Graz

Playing my strongest side in my eyes. Alba traded goals with Graz in all 3 periods as it finished 3-3 after 3. American Kevin Wehrs won the game for us with assists going to Johan Ejdepalm and Frank Banham. Christian Engstrand stopped 22/25 while his counterpart former Vancouver Canucks Dany Sabourin stopped 24/28. Wehrs was 2nd star with 1 G and 1 A while Andreas Benk was 3rd with another goal of the pre-season. Clemens Unterweger was 1st star for Gratz as he had 2 assists. 

Game 5: @ Innsbruck

Sent the youngsters down to the junior leagues, played my 100% best team. We beat them 4-1 but the game was much closer than that, they pulled their goalie and we got 2 empty net goals. Engstrand was solid stopping 19/20 shots. Our best youngster was 1st star with 2 A while Kevin Wehrs continues to have a good pre-season with 2 A as well (named 3rd star). Former 1st round pick for Washington Kris Beech was pointless for Innsbruck. 

Summary

Pretty decent pre-season, didn't care much for results and just wanted to get everyone fit and make sure we  get through with no injuries. 18 yo Csnad Erdely had 6 points in 5 games with a 7.80 rating. Kevin Wehrs had 5 points in 5 games with a 7.00 rating. Andreas Benk also had 3 G and 4 P with a 7.60 rating. Engstrand was 2-0 with a 1.97 G.A.A and a 0.911 save percentage. 

Signed former Montreal Canadiens 4th round pick Michael Lambert to a 1 year deal worth 29.5K. He once put up 84 points in QMJHL.

Season Preview

1. EHC Blackwings Linz 
2. EC Klagenfurter AC
3. EV Vienna Captials
4. EC Red Bulls Salzburg
5. Orli Znojmo
6. EC Villacher SV
7. EC Dornbirn Bulldogs
8. EC Gratz 99ers
9. HC Wasserkraft Innsbruck
10. Alba Volan FeVita
11. HC Bolanzo Foxes
12. HDD Olimpija 

As you can see, we are not predicted to make a lot of noise this season, but I would never really read to much into these with such a small league of teams.