COL/SEA ; S49

gregreg

• Admin

Hmm, surprised Skovgaard is on the move, thought he'd still fit in with Seattle's younger core.

Suppose that Riga pick is still looking good though, unless Helsinki finally collapses.

Probably the piece to put Cologne definitively back ahead of Davos.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Hmm, surprised Skovgaard is on the move, thought he'd still fit in with Seattle's younger core.

Suppose that Riga pick is still looking good though, unless Helsinki finally collapses.

Probably the piece to put Cologne definitively back ahead of Davos.

I spoke to Tim and he was fine with staying but obviously most people would rather win than sit through what we're going through.

@brovy he became available once a potential lotto pick did and I spoke with Tim. This is also a two-part deal and well see the rest in the off season.

Seattle is creating a thunderstorm in EU. ?

Just now, Victor said:

More like Seattle wishes it was in EU. ;) 

Well, that too. NA is just crazy this year. Has there ever been a season like this? 4 teams running for it that were all above .620 w% at one point. Insane, man.

Im happy with the plan we have and am confident in it! Loyal group of young guys and a good potential lotto pick. Tim fit, but let's let him win. 

• Admin
Just now, Banackock said:

Well, that too. NA is just crazy this year. Has there ever been a season like this? 4 teams running for it that were all above .620 w% at one point. Insane, man.

Im happy with the plan we have and am confident in it! Loyal group of young guys and a good potential lotto pick. Tim fit, but let's let him win. 

Well in the last seasons before expansion (S28-S30), 3 of 4 European teams were so bad that we implemented crossover. But even then, Davos was still one of the top 4-5 teams, so it's not like NA was guaranteed to win every season (even though NA did win all 3, including a SEA/NY and SEA/CGY final).

If you add in the record-breaking Quebec streak and Toronto still being better and NY not being slouches themselves, well, yeah, it's pretty unique all things considered.

15 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Stop saying you were going for it. You had no chance. 

• Admin

TBH, probably a bit of a risky move for both teams on second thought.

I don't think Helsinki can keep holding that 3 point advantage over Riga. Dunno if top 6 is much worse than top 4 in this draft but that's that.

For Cologne, they now have no picks til S52 and a core of 3 forwards, 2 defencemen, and a goalie. Basically have to win in the next 3 seasons by either selling more future or attracting free agents.

That said, this season is great for trading.

10 minutes ago, brovy said:

Those are two independent ideas though. Them saying they are going for it has nothing to do with their chances of actually going for it in one given season; It just means they were attempting.

11 minutes ago, brovy said:

1. Me going for it has nothing to do with "having a chance". You can still "go for it" with limited chances. ?

2. We were going for it. Any other year and wed be sitting pretty. It's a rare, unlikely competitive season. Anyone would agree. If you dont, just goes to show your biased. ☺️

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

I don't think Helsinki can keep holding that 3 point advantage over Riga. Dunno if top 6 is much worse than top 4 in this draft but that's that.

For Cologne, they now have no picks til S52 and a core of 3 forwards, 2 defencemen, and a goalie. Basically have to win in the next 3 seasons by either selling more future or attracting free agents.

The draft selection wouldn't have helped us as I look at the draft some prospects are tailing off real early in regards to TPE. Yes there are high prospects but there is an element of uncertainty to some of them even as a lottery pick.

Skovsgard is still young and can help going forward. Maybe FA's are attracted to a team on the up and up with a relatively young core.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

The draft selection wouldn't have helped us as I look at the draft some prospects are tailing off real early in regards to TPE. Yes there are high prospects but there is an element of uncertainty to some of them even as a lottery pick.

Skovsgard is still young and can help going forward. Maybe FA's are attracted to a team on the up and up with a relatively young core.

Related to this, we've already been talking to a majority of the prospects. 

I agree. I don't think top 6 compared to top 4 makes much difference. @Banackock said he knows of some sleepers and it seems he has been doing his homework. If he thinks 6th overall is better for the team than @Tim then I guess it makes sense. Banana reminds me of the 76ers GM and his motto is #TrustTheProcess

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Related to this, we've already been talking to a majority of the prospects. 

Of course, much like a lot of teams. Hell I have to talk to some of them for things anyways, so when they don't respond I somewhat can figure out their activity.

2 minutes ago, Da Trifecta said:

I agree. I don't think top 6 compared to top 4 makes much difference. @Banackock said he knows of some sleepers and it seems he has been doing his homework. If he thinks 6th overall is better for the team than @Tim then I guess it makes sense. Banana reminds me of the 76ers GM and his motto is #TrustTheProcess

6th Overall? It's Riga's pick.

17 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Kendrick this here