Two Players: The Proposal So Far

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I want to see a side by side vote of Victor's Proposal vs Flyersfan's proposal to see which one has more support

You're free to make one for sure but I think the whole league was tagged in the thread for it and I don't think it got near the support this one did.

For me, I'm not a huge proponent (or opponent) of this two-player proposal but I don't think I could support Flyers idea. Maybe I'm missing something but I really struggle to see the point of it. It could also be me knowing nothing about NCAA or whatever it's based off of, but honestly I find it very complex with not much value to justify that complexity. I mean literally what is the point of earning 30 TPE a season where absolutely everything you do for your main player counts towards that 30 TPE? I guess the argument could be made that it would give the VHLM a boost, but am I really going to pay any attention whatsoever to a 30 or 60 TPE player in the VHLM when I have a player in the VHL and don't even have to write a point task for the VHLM dude? Is that going to enhance my VHL experience? Because contrary to popular belief I think that's the main logic behind the two-player proposal, not as an elaborate recruitment tool, but to enhance the experience for people who want more out of the VHL.

I feel like the original proposal, where you'll have more people entering and exiting the VHLM in the same way they always have, would be just as beneficial to the VHLM. 

And I really have a hard time understanding how people who called the original proposal too complex can support this one. If you don't want 2 VHL players than be against it, but what's the point of dismissing the first one because it's too complex and then supporting something that's 300% more complex just so the original doesn't happen. If I'm missing the value in this please point it out because I'm lost on it. 

38 minutes ago, Draper said:

*snip*

I am admittedly not the best at explaining things in a clear manner, so the alternate proposal may seem a lot more complicated than it actually is. but anyone from the SBA can vouch that it's really not that complicated of a system when explained correctly. 

The main reason for the alternate proposal is that I don't believe a member should have two players in the VHL at the same time. Call me a purist, old-timer, or what ever you want, but it just feels wrong to me to have two players on two different teams. We already have a lack of rivalry and legitimate trash talk compared to the old days, and I feel that having allegiances to multiple teams will only make this worse. Now, is this a good enough reason to put the whole thing on hold considering the majority of the league wants to have 2 players? No, probably not, but it's what I feel.

• Admin
6 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I want to see a side by side vote of Victor's Proposal vs Flyersfan's proposal to see which one has more support

Basically the people who supported flyersfan are the same one third who voted against this one. Like literally anyone who posted in his MS you can see voted No on the other poll.