NA Semi-Finals, GM 6: Toronto vs. Seattle

JardyB10

• Admin
6 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

way to go toronto boys! Let's finish this :3

good series seattle i am glad we were finally able to conquer clegane

One more Clegane to go.

I feel like the main story is buried here. Everyone makes fun of TebowGow's name, then he goes on to make the Finals in 4 of his 5 seasons (and was an S47 collapse away from a clean sweep). 80% is probably the highest proportion of any player who made it 5 seasons, right? HISTORY. @eaglesfan036

• Admin
22 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I feel like the main story is buried here. Everyone makes fun of TebowGow's name, then he goes on to make the Finals in 4 of his 5 seasons (and was an S47 collapse away from a clean sweep). 80% is probably the highest proportion of any player who made it 5 seasons, right? HISTORY. @eaglesfan036

I mean there's probably someone who made 1 or 2 playoffs and 1 or 2 finals but nothing else.

If we go exclusively by this list: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/19054-another-all-time-list-playoffs-every-season/

then Gow is matched by Kloepfer, Shakur, and Jones.

More importantly, Ace Lightning did 6 out of 7, while Doug Schneider made 7 finals in 7 seasons, winning 4 of them.

Nonetheless, a decent record. Still wish that Game 7 last season went the other way.

8 minutes ago, Victor said:

I mean there's probably someone who made 1 or 2 playoffs and 1 or 2 finals but nothing else.

If we go exclusively by this list: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/19054-another-all-time-list-playoffs-every-season/

then Gow is matched by Kloepfer, Shakur, and Jones.

More importantly, Ace Lightning did 6 out of 7, while Doug Schneider made 7 finals in 7 seasons, winning 4 of them.

Nonetheless, a decent record. Still wish that Game 7 last season went the other way.

Yeah that's why I put the 5 seasons caveat. And that works, still pretty impressive for the 10-team VHL though.

• Admin
1 minute ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Yeah that's why I put the 5 seasons caveat. And that works, still pretty impressive for the 10-team VHL though.

I guess there could have also been players who played 8 seasons with 4-5 finals appearance but missed the playoffs once or twice.

Agreed though. I guess only Jones matches that. Though I'd argue O'Malley's 6 in 8 is more impressive. At the same time, I'm not sure post-expansion is necessarily a disadvantage - after all, this is the era in which Davos, New York, and Calgary made obscene amounts of finals, not before.

Thank you for recognizing the glory that is Tim TebowGow. I made him after Tebow because while his name or stats may not always be super pretty, all he does is win!

Also I am happy to see he has turned it on this playoffs. It really sucks to retire my best player in the prime of his career, but that's the cost of being a GM