S48 VHL Trivia: Week 2 Results

Victor

• Admin

ANSWERS!

PART A!

1. In their very first seasons of existence, who were the ten founding GMs for each VHL franchise? (Credit to Phil)
A. I could write it out, but it's so easy to find: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/1060-vhl-all-time-gms/

2. What was the result of Season 16 All-Star game and who was the only Calgary forward in that game? (Credit to Ahma)
A. Again, easy find. http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/3308-vhl-all-star-game-rosters-and-history/

3. Which top defenceman had the most shots blocked in his winning season? (Credit to DollarAndADream)
A. Godavari Yumalatopinto in S38 with 216. He co-won it then with Conner Low. I was quite surprised to find that no other Labatte winner had more than 200 blocked shots.

4. Who was the first player to reach 1,000 TPE? (Credit to JardyB10)
A. Grimm Jonsson, way back in S17, got to 1,008 before TPE inflation really hit. He's not even in the top 20 now.

PART B!

How many playoff MVPs played for the losing finalist?
A. Often I make up these questions without knowing the answer. Turns out it's 8, including a few co-winners which had a player from both the losing finalist and the champion.
Neat tidbit pointed out by StevenStamkos was that 5 of these 8 were the result of Calgary vs Helsinki finals, including the two recent ones in S45 and S46. Weird shit.

1 capped TPE goes to:
Beketov
CowboyinAmerica
DollarAndADream
evrydayimbyfuglien
fever95

Green
hedgehog337
Jala
Kendrick
Phil
solas
sterling
StevenStamkos91
Streetlight
Velevra

1 uncapped TPE goes to:
Phil
Ahma :(
DollarAndADream
JardyB10

Week 3 is open til Saturday, as announced yesterday. Keep sending in your numbers, questions have already started coming out.

:cheers::vhl: