Claimed:All Star Nominees [Reviewed]

All Star Nominees

Last season Pietro Maximoff first got in touch with the VHL through that season's all star game in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. He signed up for the league and went on to play the finals for the Ottawa Lynx before being drafted by the team he got defeated by in the finals, the Bratislava Watchmen. While he currently doesn't seem like a top prospect yet, he enjoys his time in the league so far. We asked him for his take on which players he would like to see in this year's All Star Game and we found out some surprising picks.

635884544169438631-All-Star-Game-logo.jp

Thomas Duddy - New York Americans

o-RYAN-OREILLY-facebook.jpg

While he might not be the flashiest player on the ice, he is a guy that has a heart of gold and puts his team first. Started in the league as a winner but quickly adapted to a defensive game. He never lost his offensive spark though as he managed to score 10 goals already this season, not bad for a guy who is on the second pairing and definitely a player the fans would love to see on the ice.

Editor's note: Duddy is currently the 2nd most accurate shooter in the league

Felipe Rodriguez - Quebec City Meute

KINGS_Alec_DL.jpg

Who? That might be the first reaction of some of you. But playing on one of the worst teams on the league and not even playing on their first pairing is an achievement itself. Regardless of this, Rodriguez shows he is an excellent defenseman and despite their losing record he gives it all each game to prevent being overrun by their opponent. Rodriguez is a player that isn't afraid to get hurt, and we can use some more man on the ice, especially since we got rid of that pussy Thomas O'Malley last season. It's time that men take over and Rodriguez certainly is someone who isn't afraid of throwing himself in front of a shot

Editor's note: Rodriguez is currently first in the league of total shots blocked

Rift Pajodcast - HC Davos Dynamo

TP10_Checkup_article.jpg

Another second liner? Guess I root for the underdogs this time around. The biggest reason for choosing Pajodcast is because he is such an unique player and one the league might never again in the near future. What makes him so special? Not his hockey skills that is for sure, but Pajodcast is currently the only player that has three heads and still manage to play hockey without any major head injuries, that must count for something right? This is his final season so I feel that he deserves one final shot in the spotlights.

Editor's note: Pajodcast is really really really bad.

ponder-iii.jpg?w=217&h=284

Not your every day all star's out there, maybe Maximoff has watched a bit too much of the John Scott campaign in the NHL, because we believe he has truly lost it with these picks, but nonetheless it would be awesome to see any of them appear on the ice together with the rest of the VHL stars, just to show what they can do in a high scoring game.

Words: 516

Edited by Green

Review: First of all, thanks for the shoutout, wasn't expecting to be on anyone's list. I'm not even sure I'd be on my own at this point. Nice job writing this up. Got the word count, got images, haven't seen that sombrero one before lol. Also, didn't see any grammar issues so that's good to see.

Keep it up!