S48 VHL Trivia: Week 1 Results

Victor

• Admin

ANSWERS!

PART A!

1. Which member has the most Hall of Fame players? (Credit to sterling :hmm: )
A
. Sterling, obviously. Many people just guessed it as he's been here since S1 and had all of his players, Sterling Labatte, Grimm Jonsson, James Bencharski, Alexander Labatte, and Tom Slaughter inducted. Plus he's a Builder.
@Knight is in second place with 4. He is also a Builder.

2. Who was the first ever player drafted in VHL Super Cup History? (Credit to STZ)
A.
Another member who asked a question about himself as then-superstar Ethan Osborne was drafted first in S35, the first of four now defunct Super Cups.

3. Who has scored the most shootout goals in VHL history? (Credit to Velevra)
A.
Surprisingly, not Shane Baker or Severin von Karma. Not even David Smalling as some members were caught out by the fact the spreadsheet is updated and the thread isn't (I thought it's quite clear?). The right answer is Kurtis Hunter as of last season. Go @Toast

4. What was the name of the VHLM team located in Minot? (Credit to Kendrick)
A.
The good ol' Minot Gladiators. Later the Syracuse Wolfpack, then returned to Minot and were cut when the VHLM contracted a few seasons ago.

PART B!

Who are the only two defencemen to be named VHL MVP?
A. Tomas Jenskovic and Patrick Bergqvist in S14 and S20, both played for Davos, and despite also setting the single-season record for assists, Bergqvist never made into the Hall of Fame. Perhaps all potential defencemen MVPs are waiting for that to happen to end this 25+ season drought. Back in S14, goalies had never been crowned MVP but now have far overtaken blue-liners who are very much the under-valued position in the VHL.

1 capped TPE goes to:
ADwyer87
Beketov
Bojo
brovy
CowboyinAmerica
DollarAndADream
evrydayimbyfuglien
fever95
gorlab
Green
hedgehog337
Jala
JardyB10
Kendrick
Mike
Molholt
Phil
Smarch
solas
sterling
StevenStamkos91
Streetlight
STZ
Tsbagsuph
Velevra

1 uncapped TPE goes to:
sterling
Velevra
STZ
Kendrick

Week 2 is open, as announced earlier today. Keep sending in your numbers, questions will start coming out once I think of a part B tomorrow.

:cheers::vhl: 

The two defenseman MVP's were hard to find. First I compared the HOF defenseman to the MVP winner list but only got one of the two. So then I went through every draft in VHL history and searched for their name on the MVP list.

I'm hoping this week's questions are easier 

14 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

The two defenseman MVP's were hard to find. First I compared the HOF defenseman to the MVP winner list but only got one of the two. So then I went through every draft in VHL history and searched for their name on the MVP list.

Just forum search the names on the list and go to the last page - they are probably all on championship rosters, etc.

2 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

1 hour ago, Molholt said:

Just forum search the names on the list and go to the last page - they are probably all on championship rosters, etc.

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

Better yet, take the top defenseman trophy winners and MVP trophy winners and see which ones match

It was actually easier than that for me. I just pulled up the All-Time Defensemen stats and MVP winners in their own tabs, then checked which ones were defensemen. Most of them I already knew their position as well.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

I made the question easier I'd say by specifying there were two. Could have just asked how many, which would have been quite a curveball given Bergqvist is not in the HOF.

I was half expecting someone to have won MVP as a defenseman then switched to forward after.

11 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

It was actually easier than that for me. I just pulled up the All-Time Defensemen stats and MVP winners in their own tabs, then checked which ones were defensemen. Most of them I already knew their position as well.

It was even easier for me.... I already knew. My goal for Hamilton was to be the third... but he's shit so that's not happening

37 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Yeah he from there I believe

That is correct. 701 is literally the Minot area code.

Well, it's the area code for all of North Dakota I guess. But yeah, I'm pretty sure he is from Minot.

Edited by Streetlight