Claimed:Shayne Gow - "At least he's not Bernie..." [Reviewed 1/2]

Shayne Gow - "At least he's not Bernie..."

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0104%2Fr41559_12

There's a new Gow in town, and this one doesn't suck ass like the last one. After some soul searching, goaltender Bernie Gow decided to call it a career after blowing a 3 goal third period lead in last season's North American Conference Finals. After an extensive search, Jim Gow of the Gow Agency went back to someone he knew had at least some talent: Shayne Gow. While Shayne failed miserably in the Simulation Hockey League, Jim thinks it's going to be different this time around.

"Shayne had some problems adjusting to life in the SHL. Going in, we knew it was going to be a challenge, as we've never been able to have a successful player over there, but we're still confident in Shayne. Getting him back to a league both we and himself are more comfortable in should do wonders for his confidence."

After his failed time on the Detroit Falcons, Shayne bounced around some semi-professional leagues back home in Philadelphia, but he kept training in case he ever got another opportunity to show what he could do. His perseverance eventually paid off, as years later, he finally got the call from Jim that there was another opportunity for him. After finalizing his paper work during the off-season, Shayne decided to declare himself for the S49 VHL Entry Draft. While most prospects would wait until the S48 trade deadline in order to maximize their training, Shayne felt that he needed to get into the league as soon as possible in order to keep his motivation as high as possible. 

UF6LlPC.png

In the S48 VHLM Dispersal Draft, Shayne was selected 7th overall by the Ottawa Lynx. This was a bit of a gamble by the Lynx, as there were other players with more practice hours on the board, but the Gow's reputation of creating promising players seemed to propel Shayne up Ottawa's draft board.

"I was extremely excited to be selected by the Lynx. The Gow Agency has a rich history with the organization, as they've won championships as both a player and GM. While I understand why I was the fourth defenseman drafted, I'd by lying if I said it didn't bother me. Of course I'm going to do whatever I can do to prove that I belong up there with Kronos and Maximoff. Growing up, I remember the lead up to the S36 VHL Draft, the discussion was all about how this draft had a top 2 of Godavari Yumalatopinto and XXX. Most people put Robin as a step below those two, even though he had similar points and practice hours, and that motivated him as well."

After a failure in Bernie, many believe that Shayne Gow has the potential to be the best player to come from Jim's portion of the Gow Agency. While Robin was a very good player with a couple elite seasons, Shayne has the potential to be the first player from this agency to reach the coveted VHL Hall of Fame.

4GZDCcA.png

• 2 weeks later...