Fuck this shit

Toast

If I could step down right now, I would.

But Riga would be left as a steaming pile of poo and it wouldn't be the nicest thing to do to let someone else deal with my crap. So I will at least start whatever the hell this rebuild will be and from there someone else can worry about getting this team a playoff win. 

I'm beyond angry about how the sim was handled last night, because yet again Jardy dropped the ball and the league as a whole suffered for it... well, mostly Riga. Sure, I should have done my lines immediately after game two, but I figured when I was told rough time for the sim by someone, I'd have until a good hour before then to get my stuff done.

Why does that even matter though? There is no damn reason that these three Riga teams should have been swept by teams arguably worse than our competition. Davos seemingly always got lucky with Sinclair, and now Stockholm someone gets carried by an inactive to an inevitable loss to the Titans.

It's beyond frustrating that months and months of build up leads to a crushing defeat every. single. time. It sucks to let people down every season and I'm terrified of being a GM still. This rebuild is at least a 3/4 season project so at least I can fuck around with my army of 300TPE players to reach the cap floor and not have to worry about playoffs. 

All right, that's 200. See you all next week for another rant.

I feel you @Toast. You've built a fantastic team and to have 3 very good regular seasons in a row and not win a single playoff game must be infuriating to behold. Just know the randomness of the playoff sims bears no reflection on how we see you as a GM. You've pulled off some brilliant moves, trades, and signings in your time there and hold a loyal group. You've kept Riga a desirable location for free agents and because of that @Draper better be careful not to displease me. If you want to comiserate with another GM who has felt gypped season after season until he quit VHL life, just talk with @Knight. His Toronto failures will never be forgiven by @Victor

Anyway, don't leave us you douche.

First of all, this has less to do with "Jardy dropping the ball and going on a drunken tirade" and more to do with an unfortunate series of communication errors. I informed Draper on Tuesday that he would be simming on Thursday, but I neglected to tell him that the league file was only on Filezilla and not the Dropbox. He probably should have checked both, and I probably should have made myself more available to realize that he didn't know where it was, but a unfortunate little mistake ultimately. He also misinterpreted a PM in which he thought he'd be simming Games 3 and 4 yesterday too, thus he didn't realize he needed to tell me that we were waiting on your lines (which, if you did PM Draper about, there was no reason to not include me on that PM as well. GMs should all know by now to PM both of us regarding simming).

Second of all, if it makes you feel better, you didn't lose the series because you couldn't change your lines. You were simply completely outmatched, as far as the sim was concerned. I know this because I had access to Bears lines and countless test sims, and I STILL couldn't find a combination to beat Calgary four times in a row. And even if I did, we would have still been hard-pressed to come back from 2-0. You were outshot all four games. If you want, you can send me 10 different line combinations that I can re-sim with, and I'm willing to bet you that you that there will never be an instance where Riga beats Stockholm four times in five games.

I really am sorry for how everything played out, but don't try to put the blame on me or Draper. Stockholm is very good for some reason, and there's not much else you could have done about it.

5 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I know this because I had access to Bears lines and countless test sims, and I STILL couldn't find a combination to beat Calgary four times in a row. And even if I did, we would have still been hard-pressed to come back from 2-0.

not a huge fan of this test sim privilege tho 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I'm not sure I like test sims either now that you mention it, Draper Jardy Higgins Sterling teams all have advantages

I know lots of people got STHS before specifically for that purpose.

Still don't care though, I've made lines to beat simmers' teams. They can't test against your changes.

even if we had sths, we don't know how the sliders are adjusted

and am I suppose to change the lines I used to sweep riga ? I shouldn't have to worry about that 

Edited by boubabi