Beketov CoDCast Questions

Beketov

which sim league member taught you the most about graphics (or if it was a non-sim source, answer with that)?

whats your top 3 games AND game franchises of all time? top console of all-time?

descibe what you know about VHL member STZ. any/all info is relevant.

how many people that you @ tag every week actually ever ask questions? 

13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I found out I could output the league sliders on the index. They're at the bottom of the index. Ignore the farm ones, they're irrelevant because I don't sim farm games. Thoughts?

The shots one explains how insane the scoring is (compared to the SHL)

Crazy idea: every year before the VHL Draft, we have a "Scouting Combine", where every draft-eligible member (or, to narrow the field, those that sign up for the event) gets their own team of bots and it's just them on the team, going up against other 1-man teams, including 1-man goalie teams for our goalie prospects. What Builds would thrive in this sim? Would this be a fun way to keep the VHLM active, where this event happens halfway through the season and right before the draft?

• Commissioner

Still have time to get you questions in for the second CoDCast this week. If you'd like me to answer things while dying really fast in MWR get those questions in soon!

Even @mpclardy and @Phil can get in on it, you guys wanna be in as many CoDCasts this week as me?

WEERD!

- So in the past 4 sims New York has scored 16 goals.. and SHankly does not have a point. He has 2 on the season. EXPLAIN!

- Name 3 members that aren't here anymore that you wish were ... and why.

- in my opinion, no one here has ever understood the sim better than @Knight. Who do you think has the best understanding of it.

- I'm thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard. Either Persuade or dissuade me.

-  HE'S BEHIND YOU! SHOOT HIM!

- I'm thinking of making my first VHL goalie after Hamilton. SHOULD I!?

Headed into a draft, would you rather have a player like Franchise Cornerstone that has 99 PA and 99 SC and 75 PH or would you rather have a more structured build like a 99 SC and 92 PA and 85 PH with a bit of other stuff? Does that build work well just because they're dominating control of the puck or does the decision engine not really matter as much as once thought? Will it work well early in the VHL?

Pastrnak has not been doing as well as I wanted, only 6th among LW. Do I just need to wait for my time to come in Yukon?

• Commissioner

Let's get some questions boys! This 2 CoDCast a week thing has been going well so let's keep the train running!

@eaglesfan036 @Shaka @ADwyer87 @boom @der meister @Victor @YEAH!stlemania @Phil @tfong  @ChrisF @George Costanza @Molholt @Mr. Power

@Draper @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick

how do you feel about a 1/2 uncapped tpe bonus for making 1 sig per new member?

when will u do a beketov SiGcast next?

did you join the VHL fantasy nhl yahoo league? If so who u got on ur team and what kind of moves would u consider making trade wise?

• Commissioner

So I was going to do the SigCast because my wife was going to be out of town this weekend. However, weather changed the plans so I'm going to have to postpone it for now, sorry guys.

In lieu of that though I'm looking for more CoDCast questions so get 'me in!

• Commissioner

Christmas gift? This is it!

Watched any Holiday Movies yet? If so which ones?

If not... which ones will you plan on watching?

What are some of your favourite holiday drinks? (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)

Do you play an mobile games?

What does Holik want for Christmas?

What does Alexander want for Christmas?

Ask me questions in my thread - ask about the origin of something Christmassy and I'll answer it. What do you want to know

Why do you do these CoDcasts as opposed to a PT on weeks where you don't get a lot of questions? Or maybe alternate them so you can double up the questions on weeks you write/create a graphic?

Anyway, do you expect the current standings to stay the same throughout the remainder of the season? Will Toronto claw their way back to a playoff spot? If so, how much damage can they do should they make it? 

I've been disappointed with Rodriguez's performances as of late. Any suggestions as to what I can do to change that? Should he be demoted to a lower pairing?

It's a 3-way tie for top shutouts in the league between you, Greg Clegane, and Ariel Weinstein (sp?), who takes it this year? Is Weinstein the best goalie this season? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Looking to get this recorded tomorrow or Friday so I would love some quick questions to go off of!

@eaglesfan036 @Shaka @ADwyer87 @boom @der meister @Victor @YEAH!stlemania @Phil @tfong  @ChrisF @George Costanza @Molholt @Mr. Power

@Draper @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @mpclardy

• Commissioner
Just now, Phil said:

- goals for the coming year (Alex goals)

- Let's start a competitive Quake III Arena 

- Can Toronto make it into the playoffs now they've acquired Sleeman?

Who is this Alex you keep referring to?

Just now, Beketov said:

Who is this Alex you keep referring to?

I have no bloody idea - I just go with Alex cuz of your first player  Alexander Beketov - also just woke up so IM half asleep

and I only just realized now that it's JakAb Holik not Jakob

#LifeFails

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Phil said:

I have no bloody idea - I just go with Alex cuz of your first player  Alexander Beketov - also just woke up so IM half asleep

and I only just realized now that it's JakAb Holik not Jakob

#LifeFails

Also, Beketov wasn't my first player, he was just my best player. Robert Sharpe (thusly named after myself) was my first player.

Just now, Beketov said:

Also, Beketov wasn't my first player, he was just my best player. Robert Sharpe (thusly named after myself) was my first player.

oh duh ofc. Can't get much earlier than S1 1st OA

Just ignore me from now on.