Beketov CoDCast Questions

Beketov

• Commissioner

I offer a full week and get 1 set of questions? I'm sure we can get a bit more than that right? Come on fellas! As usual, nothing is off the table, I'm just weird enough to answer all.

Also, Elgato sent me a new toy so recordings are now going to be buttery smooth 1080p 60 FPS and I could record facecam if I wanted to. I'm sure @Phil would enjoy that. Of course I would need to buy a webcam for that which I don't have but still haha

Edited by Beketov

If I was with you right now what would you do to me?

How long would it take for you to get here?

What women's accessory do you find utterly unresistable?

If we both get drunk what do you think we would do together alone?

Do you see yourself ever coming to Vancouver in the near future?

What was your first impression of me?

If I ask you to dedicate a song for me what would it be?

If you knew you only has two weeks to live and death was imminent, what are the regrets you would have?

Why haven't you done anything about those regrets?

Do you go to spas and salons?

OK that should be enough. @Beketov

Btw nice to see your face in that Elgato video. You look much different than I imagined you were.

Edited by punkhippie

• Commissioner

Hopefully have the technical issues of the last episode sorted out. If not I’ll just record it with my old card. Either way I need questions if you please?

@eaglesfan036 @The Bread Man @der meister @Phil @tfong @Molholt @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @mpclardy @hedgehog337 @Devise @Smarch @Will @Streetlite @punkhippie

It's always nice to receive some free shit. Besides Elgato, what other companies do you think might take an interest in your cast?

How's the atmosphere in NY right now? Everyone OK with team performance this season?

How many more players do you think you have left in you?

If the Americans lose to the Meute in the conference finals, will you still play in NY next season?

You know STHS in and out - how does a 30 TPE scrub like Saskatoon's Carlo Capitulo be the VHLM's fourth best goalscorer and second best center behind only Bo Boeser but ahead of ~100 TPE players like Rask Rowe and Rudi Ying?

What do you think about relocating Cologne to the Far East?

How scary is the fact that Slava Aleksei, Dexter Lane, Felix Savard, and Luka Volkov could all once again suit up for the Aces again next season?

Astrid Moon legit shot at most improved

Knowing GM personalities, which VHL GMs would absolutely avoid drafting me?

Do you play Left 4 Dead, and if you do, could you play it in a future CODCast?

Having read what you wrote yesterday about losing interest gradually, if we got hammered what would we be doing now? Alone ;)

Edited by punkhippie

Talk the goalie battle situation, you were way ahead to start the season but now suddenly many of the younger goalies are appearing ready to make their mark as well. The Shaw race because of that seems pretty wide open. Do you think you'll win it again this season?

How crazy is it that you've been in this league this long? Kendrick, Kyle and I were discussing lengths on the last Pajodcast, but seriously you guys have been here so long and seen so much change. Did you ever think that it would be still going to this day, and what new thing about the VHL that has changed since you came aboard all those years ago is your favorite? 

Fuck The Las Vegas Aces, amirite?

Drink of choice, beer, scotch, etc?

Hypothetical here. Both your players must retire, and your only allowed one more player ever in your entire VHL history. You can't create another after this. But for funs you'll get him for 10 seasons. What position and name do you choose and why? 

26 minutes ago, Devise said:

Talk the goalie battle situation, you were way ahead to start the season but now suddenly many of the younger goalies are appearing ready to make their mark as well. The Shaw race because of that seems pretty wide open. Do you think you'll win it again this season?

How crazy is it that you've been in this league this long? Kendrick, Kyle and I were discussing lengths on the last Pajodcast, but seriously you guys have been here so long and seen so much change. Did you ever think that it would be still going to this day, and what new thing about the VHL that has changed since you came aboard all those years ago is your favorite? 

Fuck The Las Vegas Aces, amirite?

Drink of choice, beer, scotch, etc?

Hypothetical here. Both your players must retire, and your only allowed one more player ever in your entire VHL history. You can't create another after this. But for funs you'll get him for 10 seasons. What position and name do you choose and why? 

I'll answer the last one for him. Anally fisted by a circus monkey because of regression. :D

• Commissioner

Just recorded this entire thing but frame drops made it completely unwatchable so annoyingly I will have to re-record it tomorrow :( Really need to get this setup sorted out.

• Commissioner

Might keep recording these at 1080p30 to keep the issues at bay but we'll see. Either way I'll be needing some questions!

@eaglesfan036 @The Bread Man @der meister @Phil @tfong @Molholt @Banackock @gorlab @JardyB10 @evrydayimbyfuglien @Jericho @DollarAndADream @Kendrick @mpclardy @hedgehog337 @Devise @Smarch @Will @Streetlite @punkhippie

- I should probably recreate now. What position do you think I'll make?

- Sokolov... name 3 of your career goals

- There's talk of increasing the TPE cap. Wouldn't that kinda negate the whole Updated TPE Scale then?

- Increase Salary cap? Increase Salary floor? Pros/cons?

I think it was @YEAH!stlemania's media spot or Fan590, but he had some stats on how few VHL-level players are on the shitty rebuilding teams. Is contraction on the BoG agenda, and what are your thoughts of contracting to eight teams?

Does Cologne and Davos have any chance to unseat Riga for the third playoff spot next year?

Toronto looks like it is in the best position for the upcoming draft as they hold their own first round draft pick in addition to Seattle's... who do you think Dollar takes to add to you (Sokolov) and his two players in Ironside and Boeser?

Is next season too early for them to start challenging with Quebec and New York?

The S55 VHL Entry Draft looks better than it did at the start of the season, but still the only options seem to be a surplus of defenders and centermen... briefly talk about it.

Who goes earlier? Ying or Scheel?

Whereabouts do you think Ying will go in the VHL Entry Draft?

How about for the VHLM Dispersal Draft?

Where does Key Perought go? Seattle to back up Von Axelberry?

• Commissioner

On 5/16/2017 at 2:53 AM, Beketov said:

When's the planned recording date? Kinda really busy lately...

• Commissioner
Just now, punkhippie said:

When's the planned recording date? Kinda really busy lately...

Whenever I get enough questions I record. Ideally would be recording this tomorrow though so that I have a PT this week.

Just now, Beketov said:

Whenever I get enough questions I record. Ideally would be recording this tomorrow though so that I have a PT this week.

No worries, I'll get some quality questions thought of today and I will post them here before you wake up

Playoffs are starting, assuming New York doesn't win who you rooting for and why? 

In that same vein list some of the players or members not yourself that you'd like to see have some success. 

Destiny 2 gameplay stuff today, seen it, thoughts?

I'm finally playing through Uncharted 4, and I am impressed. Have you played it, do you have thoughts on it or the franchise in general?

It's crazy that Holik is already one season away from being done. It feels like we create players and then before we know it they are ready to retire. Your going for a shutout record next season, what else would you like to see in the final season to send Holik off the best way possible?

Do you have a "VHL Bucket List" aka list of things you'd like to do before you leave the league for good? 

• Commissioner

Another season, another exit before the finals. It sucks but I must go on and to do that I must record the CoDCast so let's get some questions!

• Commissioner

Not sure I've ever seen a week where I received 0 questions, that's unfortunate. Oh well, let's come back with a vengeance shall we? I have the next two days off so I have plenty of time to record a CoDCast so if you guys can come through with some questions that would be phenomenal. I'm also planning on trying to have some guests so if you want in let me know and maybe we can work out a time.

Sorry been a bit busy lately. I'll come up with some quality questions today.

Have we been able to find a time that mutually works yet? I could do Wednesday early morning for you when you wake up. That would be tomorrow (Tuesday) late night for me and I think it could work?

@Beketov

Have you heard of/played the new Friday the 13th game?

Have you ever gone paintballing? Does all of your FPS experience help you in real life combat situations?

Do you think VHL should allow you to claim podcast QUESTIONS as your weekly PT? Making these shits up every week is hard as a mf'er IMO.

Why do you think Robbie got relieved of his GM duties?

Do a simple brief mock draft for the S55 VHL Entry Draft with you knowing more about agent and GM personalities and backgrounds?

Thoughts on the World Cup so far? Both in general and for Holik/World and Sokolov/Mercenaries?

Still think Team World has no shot of making it to the gold medal game?

Thoughts on Maksym Barnyashev and Aleksei Federov outplaying Bobby Digital and Guntis Petenis? Legit coming out party for Federov who I think said quite a few times this season he believed he was better than Sokolov, but Sokolov played on Toronto and not Seattle so he had better stats?

Rudi Ying first overall to Cologne? Because he clearly has taken more faceoffs than Felix Savard last season in Vegas and taking more faceoffs means winning more faceoffs, and winning more faceoffs means more puck possession, and more puck possession means more goals.

Rudi Ying second overall to Toronto? Boeser + Ying + Sokolov + Ironside = let's make a run at Quebec and New York?

Rudi Ying third overall to Riga? Marc-Alexandre Leblanc sacrificed because Fredinamijs Krigars is younger. Why not go even younger with Ying?

• Commissioner

Not sure when I'll have time to record this (Saturday for sure) but as always I'm looking for some questions.