Beketov CoDCast Questions

Beketov

• Commissioner

Thinking I might try out something different for my PT this week or in the coming weeks. Rather than do a normal Podcast though I figured I could double up with what I'll be doing anyway (playing CoD) and record it. Figure I'll do gameplay + face cam and maybe upload it as a video PT rather than a Podcast since that's basically what it will be.

Anyway, if you have any questions throw them my way. Hopefully will try to record this on Saturday as a trial run.

Edited by Beketov

How do you feel about Holik's performance in the VHLM this season? 

Where do you project you'll go in the draft, pick wise, and what teams make the most sense for Holik (being that he's in a limiting position)?

What are your thoughts on the VHL's most important topic, VHL Wrestling, and what can be done to improve it?

Is Nuketown the best map in gaming history?

Do you like to listen to music while you play games?

Got any favorite NHL teams or players you follow more closely?

Is there anything you would not eat for 3000 dollars?

Have you played NHL games? If yes, what is your favorite NHL game?

Do you think that @DollarAndADream should start his VHL NHL gaming series again? I hope he starts it again :)

How has life been Saskatoon Wild?

How cool guy ADwyer87 is?

How closely you follow European Hockey leagues?

Do you know the result of KHL All-Star game? That game had over 140 shots on total in it.

:)

• Commissioner

Come on guys, 13 questions isn't much to work with. Ask me anything. VHL stuff, life stuff, gaming stuff, don't really care. I'll pretty much answer anything. Want to record this on Saturday but may end up with only enough time to do an All-Star GFX so it could be later.

I see that this is named CoDCast,

so do you play a lot of COD?

What is your favorite COD game?

Have you played Battlefield games? If so, favorite BF game?

What kind of music you listen to?

What is you favorite metal band?

Tell about VHL's improvement during your long time in here.

VHL's best times, worst times?

Your worst VHL moments? Best VHL moments?

Have you seen Draper yet? Or Higgins? (I believe they both live in Nova Scotia)

All time favorite team mate?

All time best VHL NA team? EU team?

All time best VHL GM?

You've been here since Day 1, what does the VHL need to do to keep evolving and grow, rather than becoming stagnant?

What changes do you think have been the most welcome during your time here and which changes do you wish hadn't happened?

What do you think about the new grading system and the more relaxed tone towards PTs?

What members are no longer active that you would love to see back full-time?

I know you work with video, I'm a designer who does mostly print and motion design, what sorts of projects could we collaborate on and why haven't we? 

Do you do any motion/animation for your work, or is it largely video editing? 

Is Rage based on Mr. Furious from Mystery Men? (My roommate swears it has to be, I've never seen it)

Do you think a wrestling league, operating in a PT format (not like the old E-Feds) could be successful?

Do you think a Nascar league could be successful (this is a joke idea I had with Shaka, but I actually think it would be fun as a league)?

Do you think that anyone will ever successfully run and operate a multi-sport league like the SSNs?

Pretending the logistics and politics were easy to figure out, what would a site look like where the SHL and VHL were in one Sim League Universe, but maintained as separate leagues with cross-platform free agency and waivers? Would it boost both leagues? Kill both? Kill one?

• Commissioner

Much better! I'll try and record this on Saturday I think when i have awhile.

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner

So this is unfortunately going to have to be postponed again. I got the first set of questions recorded, went to do @Ahma’s big list and it didn’t record. Set it to go again, did the entire set of questions (and got Diamond Assault Rifles during the recording) and then it said my SD card was corrupt so it didn’t save. I have another card but both my batteries are dead so I can’t record again. Sorry guys.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissioner

So to avoid my camera being a pain in the ass I found a way to just record mic audio while I record the gameplay. It likely won't be as clean and I won't have the face cam but I also won't read questions 10 times over and have my camera be a pain in the ass while I'm not looking.

I'll answer the questions from above that are still relevant (so personal stuff mostly instead of VHL related stuff) but am also looking for new ones to go through. I'll likely record this either Thursday or Saturday.

• 2 months later...
  • Commissioner

Might not make this CoD but can actually record this now without all the issues I had last time I tried (stupid camera kept fucking me and I had a recording limit). Looking for some questions about anything you want; me, life, the VHL. Just give me whatever comes to mind and I'll answer it while trying not to suck at a video game.

Issues!? NOOO! 

So you played CoD. Anything else? 

Favourite all-time game?

Favourite all-time VHL Era?

Favourite VHL team?

Least Favourite VHL team?

VHL members that you haven't played on a team with (or for a long-long time), and would like to

TV Shows you are currently watching?

Do you watch competitive CS:GO Tournies? G2 ftw.

Need more questions? 

You've been here since Day 1, what does the VHL need to do to keep evolving and grow, rather than becoming stagnant?

What changes do you think have been the most welcome during your time here and which changes do you wish hadn't happened?

What do you think about the new grading system and the more relaxed tone towards PTs?

What members are no longer active that you would love to see back full-time?

I know you work with video, I'm a designer who does mostly print and motion design, what sorts of projects could we collaborate on and why haven't we? 

Do you do any motion/animation for your work, or is it largely video editing? 

Was Rage based on Mr. Furious from Mystery Men? (My roommate swears it has to be, I've never seen it)

Do you think a wrestling league, operating in a PT format (not like the old E-Feds) could be successful?

Do you think a Nascar league could be successful (this is a joke idea I had with Shaka, but I actually think it would be fun as a league)?

Do you think that anyone will ever successfully run and operate a multi-sport league like the SSNs?

Pretending the logistics and politics were easy to figure out, what would a site look like where the SHL and VHL were in one Sim League Universe, but maintained as separate leagues with cross-platform free agency and waivers? Would it boost both leagues? Kill both? Kill one?

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Issues!? NOOO! 

So you played CoD. Anything else? 

Favourite all-time game?

Favourite all-time VHL Era?

Favourite VHL team?

Least Favourite VHL team?

VHL members that you haven't played on a team with (or for a long-long time), and would like to

TV Shows you are currently watching?

Do you watch competitive CS:GO Tournies? G2 ftw.

Need more questions? 

I always need more questions haha

Although I will try to answer the ones from before that never got answered if they are still relevant. So obvious stuff about like my draft and shit I won't answer but the there stuff up there about me and things I will get to.

• Commissioner

Gonna try and record this now. Going to keep the same title because it sounds good but will be doing this one in Battlefront since CoD has a huge update to do.

EDIT: Roadblock 1, apparently Elgato’s mac software is more crippled than I thought and can’t record with a webcam. Don’t have time to boot to windows so no webcam for this one.

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner

First one went over well. Give me more questions and I'll get to recording a new one soon!

• Commissioner

Come on guys, need some stuff to talk about. Hoping to record this Wednesday night.

@McNeil you and I had this idea years ago so I want some questions from you!

Also,

@Phil @DollarAndADream @Ahma @Molholt @boom @ADwyer87

Edited by Beketov

Thoughts on Holik's play this season?

How long did it take you to become proficient with PS(like really good)?

Also, what did/do you do when you need to create something but are lacking motivation or a good concept?

Do you hope to stay with the Bears long term or would you explore FA if given the chance?

- Would you rather Travis Boychuk or Zach Parechkin? Boychuk was my first player, one of the best 2nd line C's in the league. Parechkin can go wherever you want him to.

- Who do you predict winning the Continental Cup this season? Will Toronto repeat?

- Who has been your favourite VHL player that you have created?

- Can we play on a team together in the future?

- What is your favourite MW2 gun? Is it the ACR?

1. Do you think Holik will be a bear for a long time?
  2. do you see yourself winning a top goalie award?
  3. have you ever went to professional gaming competitions?
  4. any sports you definitely wouldn't watch?
  5. what is your favorite eating utensil?(no saying spork/spnifork, that's cheating)