Halp Please

Kesler

Okay so I have an acer laptop and it has a precision touchpad that only works like 50% of the time due to it "freezing" or being unresponsive. So I wanna return it but I dont have a warranty from best buy/future shop but have the 1 year one from acer. How would I go about returning it?

• Commissioner

I don't know anything about PC's so try some of the stuff suggested to you by others first.

However, if you need warranty work done what you do is call the company up, Acer in this case, and they'll send you a shipping box. You pack he computer up in that and ship it to them. Generally it's all pre-labelled so the shipping is free. They'll fix it and send it back.

Thats how I handle all my warranty work. Almost never worth it to get one of the Best Buy ones or whatever because they usually don't add much. It's convenient sure but they love to find ways out of helping you so you pay a bunch extra to barely get anything. Better to deal direct with the company.

I don't know anything about PC's so try some of the stuff suggested to you by others first.

However, if you need warranty work done what you do is call the company up, Acer in this case, and they'll send you a shipping box. You pack he computer up in that and ship it to them. Generally it's all pre-labelled so the shipping is free. They'll fix it and send it back.

Thats how I handle all my warranty work. Almost never worth it to get one of the Best Buy ones or whatever because they usually don't add much. It's convenient sure but they love to find ways out of helping you so you pay a bunch extra to barely get anything. Better to deal direct with the company.

god damnit, cant I just get my money back?

god damnit, cant I just get my money back?

After opening the packaging and using the product? Not very likely. If it was within the 30 day period or whatever, maybe you could get store credit, but at this point, they're going to want to just repair/replace your product.

And Beketov is right. It's much better to deal directly with the manufacturer than a retailer when it comes to things like this. Those insurance packages you can buy for TVs, computers, and cell phones are almost never worth it.

Edited by flyersfan1493

I talked to acer, they told me to go back to windows 8 (didnt work) and told me re-install the driver (didnt work) and they dont give refunds so I am gonna try and talk to best buy and see if they can do anything. Cause I got seriously fucked by acer.