General GFX Discussions/Questions

boubabi

9 minutes ago, BOOM said:

What kind of dimensions? I used to do some odd sizes in SBA and some other sims..

dupree.png

Or would it be even worse/taller than that?

The Golden Ration is 1.618, so the height * 1.618 = width

Here are some sig widths I've seen pretty commonly/seem reasonable and the height that would go with it to truly use the Golden Ratio:

Width 350, Height: 216

Width 375, Height: 231

Width 390, Height: 241

Width 400, Height: 247

The sig that you posted is 390 wide and 235 tall, so it'd be 6 pixels taller, but that one's really close, and actually makes me feel a lot better about my upcoming attempt at this.

For reference's sake, I tend to do 400 wide and 160 tall, which looks like this, and is pretty standard fare, size-wise:

TookSig554a.png

18 hours ago, BOOM said:

What kind of dimensions? I used to do some odd sizes in SBA and some other sims..

dupree.png

Or would it be even worse/taller than that?

this is dope as fk btw

On 2017-05-08 at 2:30 PM, boubabi said:

Another thing my dudes

Fuck topaz, it's a garbage plugin

Use this instead, google bought this, it's free and it's amazing

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

especially the analog efx pro, I live by that.

Remember guys, don't over do your render efx !!!

Good look, im gonna fuck around with this today ❤️❤️❤️

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, boubabi said:

I think I need to clear some fonts...

mfAEtQW.png

HOW DO YOU PICK A FONT?????????????

That would take so long to scroll through :unsure: 

• 3 years later...
  • Commissioner
36 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

I cant upload a font to anywhere I have tried. I have downloaded 6 but cant open any of them. Does anyone know of any free graphics software I can upload my downloaded fonts?

Program doesn’t matter, or shouldn’t at least. If you install the font on your system (I don’t remember how to do this on windows, it’s been too long) then you’ll see it show up in your applications.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Program doesn’t matter, or shouldn’t at least. If you install the font on your system (I don’t remember how to do this on windows, it’s been too long) then you’ll see it show up in your applications.

i did, this is what shows up whenever I try to add a local font

Screenshot-2021-02-25-131139

thanks pixlr. way to tell me what I have to do. and being so happy about it too

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

i did, this is what shows up whenever I try to add a local font

Screenshot-2021-02-25-131139

thanks pixlr. way to tell me what I have to do. and being so happy about it too

But that’s what I’m saying, that seems to be implying you are trying to open the font file in pixlr. Just instal it on your computer and my program on the machine shouldn’t gain access to it. At least that’s how photoshop and GIMP work.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

But that’s what I’m saying, that seems to be implying you are trying to open the font file in pixlr. Just install it on your computer and my program on the machine shouldn’t gain access to it. At least that’s how photoshop and GIMP work.

i'm a little confused. i have it downloaded on my laptop, then I tried to enter it into pixlr.

• Commissioner
32 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

i'm a little confused. i have it downloaded on my laptop, then I tried to enter it into pixlr.

Fonts don’t get put into specific programs, that’s not how fonts work. You download a font file and install it onto your computer, not a specific program. Once it’s installed any program can see jt.

This gives an overview of how to do that.

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Fonts don’t get put into specific programs, that’s not how fonts work. You download a font file and install it onto your computer, not a specific program. Once it’s installed any program can see jt.

This gives an overview of how to do that.

this makes it open in my downloaded apps (word,powerpoint), but not in browser. Thank you for the help though! Im gonna keep trying to figure this out.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Just find the downloaded file (font) and double click on it.  It should install.

• Commissioner
37 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

this makes it open in my downloaded apps (word,powerpoint), but not in browser. Thank you for the help though! Im gonna keep trying to figure this out.

Ah, right, Pixlr is web based. I would be surprised if you can install custom fonts in it. The server it’s based on would basically need to have access to said fonts for them to work.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Ah, right, Pixlr is web based. I would be surprised if you can install custom fonts in it. The server it’s based on would basically need to have access to said fonts for them to work.

i watched a video on how to do it but it was for mac not windows so it didnt really help

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Nucker said:

Where do you guys get renders? 

Getty images (cut it yourself) or the various ones that have been uploaded here. I think @DollarAndADream  has a link to  a website where you can upload an image and it'll crop the render for you, it's a bit lower quality than doing it yourself but it's a time saver. 

14 hours ago, Frank said:

Getty images (cut it yourself) or the various ones that have been uploaded here. I think @DollarAndADream  has a link to  a website where you can upload an image and it'll crop the render for you, it's a bit lower quality than doing it yourself but it's a time saver. 

https://www.remove.bg/

@Nucker