Scratch : KASSIAN

Markov - Subban

Emelin - Petry

Beaulieu - Gilbert/Pateryn

Scratch : Tinordi 

Price

Condon

Sick line-up

Tinordi isn't in AHL only because of his contract....because he had a shit camp.

Edited by boubabi

Really liking the preds line up

Forsberg - Ribeiro - Neal

Arvidsson - Fisher - Smith

Wilson - Hodgson - Jarnkrok

Nystrom - Gaustad - Watson

Bourque

Josi - Weber

Ekholm - Ellis

Jackman - Jones

Bartley

Rinne

Hutton

Only wish Nystrom wasint here

franchise player, what a steal, amirite ?

but for real, cool to have him. He played in the Q and don't know if he speaks french or not. He will give some AHL quality time to De La Rose instead of keeping him healthy scratch.

Edited by boubabi

Fuck Trevor Linden and Jim Benning for... Well, for being complete idiots. They knew they could protect Corrado and just threw him away anyways. Shitty, shitty asset management. Only thing they've got going for them is that they followed through on the "if the kids are good, they'll play" rhetoric. That was a nice change in pace.

Edited by Sandro

Fuck Trevor Linden and Jim Benning for... Well, for being complete idiots. They knew they could protect Corrado and just threw him away anyways. Shitty, shitty asset management. Only thing they've got going for them is that they followed through on the "if the kids are good, they'll play" rhetoric. That was a nice change in pace.

Who cares. There are other Frank Corrado's out there and plenty more on their way through the NHL. This kid wasn't some protege, there is a reason he was drafted in the 5th round.

that macdonald waive tho

flyers being the flyers

MacDonald was waived because there was no chance of him being claimed and he saves us more cap space than waiving Brandon Manning. Waiving Luke Schenn (who, if he had a different name and wasn't traded for JVR, would be looked at much differently) would have saved a couple more hundred thousand dollars, but as he's on an expiring contract, there was a much better chance of him getting claimed. MacDonald will be back once someone (most likely Schenn) is moved. I also think Gostisbehere will be on the team around Christmas.

Flyers line-up:

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek

Schenn/Read - Couturier - Simmonds

Umberger - Laughton - Read/Schenn

VandeVelde - PEB - White

Schultz - Streit

Medvedev - Gudas/Schenn

Michael Del Zotto - Manning

Mason

Neuvirth

MacDonald was waived because there was no chance of him being claimed and he saves us more cap space than waiving Brandon Manning. Waiving Luke Schenn (who, if he had a different name and wasn't traded for JVR, would be looked at much differently) would have saved a couple more hundred thousand dollars, but as he's on an expiring contract, there was a much better chance of him getting claimed. MacDonald will be back once someone (most likely Schenn) is moved. I also think Gostisbehere will be on the team around Christmas.

Flyers line-up:

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek

Schenn/Read - Couturier - Simmonds

Umberger - Laughton - Read/Schenn

VandeVelde - PEB - White

Schultz - Streit

Medvedev - Gudas/Schenn

Michael Del Zotto - Manning

Mason

Neuvirth

not blaming the move, just blaming the original signing.  Good thing you have a good offense...because that defense is straight outta the AHL

Edited by boubabi

Who cares. There are other Frank Corrado's out there and plenty more on their way through the NHL. This kid wasn't some protege, there is a reason he was drafted in the 5th round.

Yes, he was drafted in the fitfth round, and they put years into him developing him into a legitimate NHL defender. Not just that, a defender who has a similar effect on his teammates as Chris Tanev. He's still only 22 years old, he's right handed, and it's not like the Canucks have depth on the back end either. Throwing him away for nothing is stupid, especially when they could have easily kept him on the roster. They chose not to, "because".

That's the only answer Linden could muster. It's fucking sad how dumb Canucks management is, and how incompetent they are when it comes to asset management.

Edited by Sandro

not blaming the move, just blaming the original signing.  Good thing you have a good offense...because that defense is straight outta the AHL

The trade itself was bad, but not awful. That signing was beyond words.

The defense is looking up at least. Gostisbehere, Morin, Sanheim, Provorov, and possibly Hagg and Freidman.

He was drafted in the first round and they put years into him developing him into a legitimate NHL defender. Not just that, a defender who has a similar effect on his teammates as Chris Tanev. He's still only 22 years old, he's right handed, and it's not like the Canucks have depth on the back end either. Throwing him away for nothing is stupid, especially when they could have easily kept him on the roster. They chose not to, "because".

That's the only answer Linden could muster. It's fucking sad how dumb Canucks management is, and how incompetent they are when it comes to asset management.

First round? You may be overrating him because you think he was a first rounder. If 150th overall is first round, those first rounds got longer.

First round? You may be overrating him because you think he was a first rounder. If 150th overall is first round, those first rounds got longer.

Sorry, pure typo on my part. Not sure how I got that. Yes, he was drafted in the fifth round.

Sorry, pure typo on my part. Not sure how I got that. Yes, he was drafted in the fifth round.

Which is my point. Fifth round is not some huge investment. Yes he played in the AHL with the same organization, but that just means its easier to see his progression or regression. He isn't going to be a huge loss, especially with a team that should be tanking.

Which is my point. Fifth round is not some huge investment. Yes he played in the AHL with the same organization, but that just means its easier to see his progression or regression. He isn't going to be a huge loss, especially with a team that should be tanking.

Except they aren't. They've made it very clear they are pushing for the playoffs. Whether they succeed or not... That's on the shoulders of the kids and Ryan Miller.

Four years is still a pretty notable investment, especially considering Corrado was expected to be a regular this season. He'd be on the roster if Hutton hadn't come out of nowhere. They turned a fifth round pick into something that is worth more than that, but lost him for nothing. It's shitty asset management and if you can't grasp that, then that's on you.

For a non-Canucks fan, you're rather quick to jump to Jimbo's defence.

Except they aren't. They've made it very clear they are pushing for the playoffs. Whether they succeed or not... That's on the shoulders of the kids and Ryan Miller.

Four years is still a pretty notable investment, especially considering Corrado was expected to be a regular this season. He'd be on the roster if Hutton hadn't come out of nowhere. They turned a fifth round pick into something that is worth more than that, but lost him for nothing. It's shitty asset management and if you can't grasp that, then that's on you.

For a non-Canucks fan, you're rather quick to jump to Jimbo's defence.

So once again, who cares. Let them fail. The young guns get experience under the Sedins and groom them for the future so they can help the next batch of kids.

That's on me? Oh okay GM Sandro. I should be watching out for your Grade A commentary and skills as an NHL grade scout. Come on, it's a fifth round pick that regressed, in the end they lost a player who took a step backwards.

To his defense? No. Realizing that the gravy isn't always what you want with your meal? Yes. It just seems your opinions are based on a whim of who you think is "sexy" at that point in time. Corrado was a good prospect who didn't just not progress, but he went back a step in development even under Travis Green. I'm not really jumping to defense, just seeing it from a neutral point of view which is something Canucks fans rarely do. They seem to be caught up in the "love' drunk" stage with certain players. There is a lot more that goes on when it comes to asset management and scouting players, I grew up in a household basically circling around the latter.