Premier League Talk 15/16

AUGUST 8TH!!!! 

Community Shield this weekend!! (okay I couldn't get a shit about it - but it's an excuse to invite people over, drink and have a barbecue so yea!!)

Also - Lambert sold to West Brom for 3M pounds. 

Harry Kane PotY INCOMING

B9QChPxIgAA1FbS.jpg

Honestly, though, I'm feeling kind of optimistic for next season. Not super optimistic (2013-14 already has me jaded enough), but Adebayor leaving and a couple new signings coming soon would make me pretty happy.

B9QChPxIgAA1FbS.jpg

Honestly, though, I'm feeling kind of optimistic for next season. Not super optimistic (2013-14 already has me jaded enough), but Adebayor leaving and a couple new signings coming soon would make me pretty happy.

Yeah, I see us hanging around 5th-8th, with 5th being much more likely than 8th. Would like to see a deeper run in Europa and one of those other cups.

Yeah, I see us hanging around 5th-8th, with 5th being much more likely than 8th. Would like to see a deeper run in Europa and one of those other cups.

I agree, a deep run in the Europa League would be great - especially since the winner gets a Champions League spot. Plus I'd love to see more early cup games against weaker opposition so young players like Pritchard, Onomah, Alli Winks, Wimmer, etc. can get some time on the field. Edited by solas

one of these days  Victor, i will meet you and i will punch you in the face. in other news. Thomas Muller is now rumored to go to Liverpool meow

Thank you! I haven't laughed so hard at anything in days! The very idea that we could attract a player of Müller's calibre...

What did you think about Dier at DM in the MLS All-Star game? I know it was only an exhibition, but he just looks so weird there to me. He's too big.

Size at DM can be very good. His main job is going to be winning the ball, so why would it be a bad thing? Also, he's no longer in defence, which means there'll be someone to cover for him when his misreads the play and leaves a hole. ;)

What did you think about Dier at DM in the MLS All-Star game? I know it was only an exhibition, but he just looks so weird there to me. He's too big.

Yeah, he looked pretty out of place. I'm hoping he's just a placeholder since I'd definitely prefer him at CB (or an occasional RB backup since he's a good crosser). He's a good tackler but I don't think he's aggressive enough of a passer.

I personally don't think he'll be at DM by the time of the Man U game. Ideally, a new CM/DM signs by the beginning of the season - Christoph Kramer or Sven Bender would be fantastic but I don't think either are too likely. If one doesn't sign, I could even see Alli starting if he continues to do well in the Audi Cup (since Mason is injured).

Edited by solas