VHLSC Player Poll: RESULTS!

VHLSC

To be fair, it isn't always productive to play with great players (see Klose in his first year).  You have the puck less and that can often limit scoring.

I still went with you though.

I'd say Klose (was a sub-300 TPE player at the time), Jeltz, Von Karma, Roy and Ruutu are similar to many you listed in your non-notable list btw.

I'd take playing with XXX, Klose, Tom Slaughter, and Karnage over any of those guys.

The majority of those guys were around Klose's TPE amount when they played together.  Again, he barely ever played with Slaughter.  Only when I tried switching things around.  On PP's I usually put Klose on #1 with Slaughter since 3 Moons was center.

Boychuk's linemates:

Simon Tremblay, Marcus Figgarowta-Nahimal, Henrik Larsson, Lucas Smith, Giygas, Mikhail Mikhailovich, Jamie Shetler, Lukas Nykvist, Andrew Erikson, Johan Hallstrom, Jakob Linholm, Dexter Morgan, Milos Denis, Ryan Cattrall, Rami Jakobssen, QUE RW1, Niklas Kurri, Thomas Landry

Notables: Thomas Landry, Giygas, Milos Denis, and adding Thomassen and Wolf. Basically every one of those guys was a scrub that Boychuk had to play with.

3 Moon's linemates: XXX, Klose, Tom Slaughter, Karnage, Jeltz, Teuvo Ruutu, von Karma, Joseph Roy III

I'd say all of them are notables. Stepped straight into the VHL to play with XXX and Klose as well.

It's all about the stats though. Using who your teammates were as an argument proves nothing, because it's been shown that players will put up better numbers with a bad team and better numbers with a good team. You clearly benefited from Calgary's shit roster to somehow put up a 100-point rookie season. Having better teammates around you probably would've brought your points down quite a bit.

Thats a false statement. Its all luck and who you play with. Ive been on pretty shitty teams in my days and have benefited from having better teammates around me rather than not having any teammates at all

Thats a false statement. Its all luck and who you play with. Ive been on pretty shitty teams in my days and have benefited from having better teammates around me rather than not having any teammates at all

That's a false statement. It's all luck.

I've outscored Boychuk every year I've been in the league. I have cups at the VHL and VHLM level.

The fact you think you're player is better than mine, when you are 3 seasons older and put up worse stats every season, is borderline stupid.

Know your role.

Also I've never played on a line with Slaughter or XXX, ever. For a vast majority of my time in NYA I didn't play with Klose either, he was played with Slaughter more than he was played with me.

So yeah, you're trash compared to me, there is simply no debating.

3 Moons >>>> Shitchuck and it's NOT close.

Also I've never played on a line with Slaughter or XXX, ever. 

You actually did play on a line with XXX is Season 41. The other linemate on that line was Klose. Then did the exact same thing in Season 42.

There's a reason why you outscored Boychuk in your VHL years, and that's because of the personnel you've been surrounded by. You won cups because of that personnel as well. Put me on your cup winning teams and I win as well.

You keep using his teammates as your argument for why he has better stats, but where is your evidence that better teammates will translate to better stats?

As an argument to suggest that having lousy teammates can make a bad player look good, I first point you to the rookie season of one Travis Boychuk.

You keep using his teammates as your argument for why he has better stats, but where is your evidence that better teammates will translate to better stats?

As an argument to suggest that having lousy teammates can make a bad player look good, I first point you to the rookie season of one Travis Boychuk.

I feel like Boychuk's rookie season can easily be explained by having no teammates. He was basically the only one who was going to score on that roster. If anyone was getting a goal, he was pretty much going to get an assist.

I feel like Boychuk's rookie season can easily be explained by having no teammates. He was basically the only one who was going to score on that roster. If anyone was getting a goal, he was pretty much going to get an assist.

Congratulations, you're helping prove my point.

Congratulations, you're helping prove my point.

I just think there's a line between playing with nobody, and playing with lesser players. Boychuk's teammates in his rookie season were nothing, compared to having "average" players other seasons.

I think if he's handed a lacking roster, the system will feed points into him. If he has an average roster, then a player will get less points and it will be distributed more evenly throughout. If every player on the line are above average then they will all do well.

mb mb mb I guess I played with XXX

Klose was rotated though and wasn't a mainstay on that line.

Please do not say another word to me Kendrick because I can crush you in a single sentence, fuck boy.

Just pointing out the sim structure. Crush some beers instead