VHLSC Player Poll: RESULTS!

VHLSC

Screen_Shot_2015_06_25_at_1_32_42_PM.png

So almost two weeks ago the VHLSC set out to gather the opinions of some of the leagues writers, critics and players. The votes have been tallied and the information is going to be released below! It turns out that some of the voters have a hard time reading, specifically where it says "Current VHL Players" and not retired players. We want to want you that some of the stupid answers were removed. As in naming an old city that is no longer affiliated with the VHL. Anyways, here the results for everyone (with some small analysis).

image.png

VHL's Most Marketable Player

Thomas O'Malley (10 Votes)

Thomas O'Malley pulled away in the voting for this category. The Express forward is one of the top players in the VHL and is a threat to score from everywhere.

Other votes: Tom Slaughter (4), Lord Karnage (3), Bismarck Koenig (2), Greg Clegane, Hans Wingate, Michael Clardy

5221.png

VHL's Worth Trash Talker

Bruno Wolf (brovy/kesler17) (9 Votes)

Bruno Wolf was voted worst Trash Talker in the vHL. It comes with no surprise as he has continuously had to eat crow for breakfast, lunch and dinner every season. This was a close vote between him and his horrible trash talking brother Da Trifecta.

Other votes: Da Trifecta (8), Sterling (4), Molholt (1), gorlab (1), Phil (1)

3747.png

VHL Biggest Goalie Sieve (Plug)

Jax Barnstormer (7 Votes)

Jax Barnstormer had high praise when he was coming into the Victory Hockey League. Since that day he has disappointed and his peers have noticed.

Other Votes: Niklas Mikaelsson (6), Bernie Gow (3), Hans Wingate (2), Fedir Okranitz (2),

Brick Wahl (Retired), Kimmo Salo (retired)

i_2.png

Most Underrated VHL Player

Christoph Klose (4 Votes)

Christoph Klose is unknown to many and known to few, but it seems his peers think the attention he gets is far below what he deserves.

Other Votes: Travis Boychuk (3), Sachimo Zoidberg (2), Jake Wylde (2), Nicolas Caprivi (2), Milos Denis

Rami Jakobssen, Ron World Peace, Marcus Hurley, Mason Richardson, James Faraday,

Oskars Harumpf, Lord Karnage

5221.png

Most Overrated VHL Player

Bruno Wolf (8 Votes)

It appears not only is Bruno Wold the worst trash talker but he can't back his trash talking up as he was voted the most overrated by his peers. We see a trend formulating.

Other Votes: James Faraday (5), Jody 3 Moons (4), Mason Richardson (2), Marcus Hurley, Tyler Cote,

Gifford Shock, Brady Stropko

3552.png

Best VHL Trash Talker

Tyler Cote (Ball) (4 Votes)

The often loud and rash Tyler Cote seems to have drawn the title of best trash talker. It's well known the powerful skater opens his mouth a lot, apparently it gets to some.

Other Votes: gorlab (3), Sterling (2), brovy (2), Munk, Jamie, Jericho, Jardy, Higgins, Advantage,

Frank, STZ, Caillean

i_3.png

VHL's Best Writer

Hans Wingate (CowboyInAmerica) (9 Votes)

Well the VHL is no stranger to good writing as well as poor writing. However for this honour CowboyInAmerica has the backing of his peers pretty strongly for best writer.

Other Votes: Victor (4), Kendrick (2), diamond_ace (2), Devise22, Sterling, Noah!, Munk

Jonathan_Huberdeau.png

VHL's Best Graphic Artist

Boubabi (Lord Karnage) (13 Votes)

This was a very either or vote as graphics guy Boubabi claimed the top spot. His closest competitor won this last time the voting was done many moons ago.

Other votes: Koradek (9), Frank

3983.png

Most Team Spirit Player

Phil Hamilton (Phil) (7 Votes)

He may not lead the league in any statistically category yet, but Phil Hamilton has been voted the player with most team spirit. This doesn't show up on a scoreboard but earns respect league wide.

Other votes: Bismarck Koenig (2), Travis Boychuk (2), Tim TebowGow (2), Hans Wingate (2),

Ron World Peace, Jake Wylde, Thomas O'Malley, Marcus Hurley, Michael Clardy, Tyler Cote, Ariel Weinstein

4008.pngi_3.png

Best VHL Future (Player)

Edwin Reencarnacion & Hans Wingate (6 Votes)

We have our first tie! Both these promising young players are said to have bright futures, maybe they will be competing for awards against each other in years to come.

Other Votes: Sandro Clegane (2), Bronson Faux (2), Phil Hamilton, E'Twaun Delicious, Aleksi Koponen,

Michael Clardy, Bismarck Koenig, Lord Karnage

cRkE3z1.png

Best VHL Future (Team)

Helsinki Titans (12 Votes)

Apparently the league has noticed that the pending rebuild the Helsinki Titans are going through will put them with the best future. It's exciting to see a team refuel and go at it again.

Other Votes: Calgary (5), Stockholm (4), New York

IVe3Khz.png

Worst VHL Fanbase

Quebec City Meute (6 Votes)

Apparently the Meute fanbase is regarding as the worst in the VHL. Not sure what the reason behind it is but maybe it has to do with the general perception of the players, maybe they are just fickle?

Other Votes: Seattle (4), Stockholm (3), Riga (2), Cologne (2), New York (2), Toronto, Calgary

seattle-key-arena.jpg

Worst VHL Arena to Play At

KeyArena (Seattle, Washington) (5 Votes)

This one actually doesn't come as a surprise. If anyone knows the KeyArena they would know its an old barn with little improvements, it last hosted the Seattle Sonics of the NBA.

Other Votes: Colisee Pepsi (Quebec, 4 Votes), Ericsson Globe (Stockholm, 3 Votes),

Arena Riga (Riga, 2 Votes), Madison Square Garden (New York, 2 Votes),

Saddledome (Calgary, 2 Votes), Hartwall Arena (Helsinki), Vaillant Arena (Davos)

madison-square-garden.jpg

Best VHL Arena to Play At

Madison Square Garden (New York, New York) (9 votes)

It is no surprise that the arena which is known globally as the mecca of the professional sports world is number one. Few pro sports teams can say they feature something this iconic.

Other votes: Ericsson Globe (Stockholm, 3 Votes), LanXess Arena (Cologne, 3 Votes),

Arena Riga (Riga, 2 Votes), Vaillant Arena (Davos, 2 Votes),  Hartwall Arena (Helsinki, 2 Votes), Saddledome (Calgary)

5221.pngi_4.png

Worst Road Trip Roommate

Bruno Wolf (QUE) & Oskars Harumpf (DAV) (3 Votes)

Well this one is a surprise and a pretty predictable one. It's no surprise Bruno Wolf is here as he has been voted two of the worst titles already. However, maybe Oskars Harumpf says some weird things or sleeps funny? I mean his name does sound like a fart gone wrong.

Other Votes: Tim TebowGow (2), Niklas Mikaelsson (2), Jax Barnstormer (2), Mason Richardson,

Aksel Thomassen, Lord Karnage, James Faraday, Gifford Shock, Brady Stropko,

Nicolas Caprivi, Kerkko Hyvarinen

Also: Logan Laich (Retired)

i_5.png

Best VHL Goon

Bronson Faux (5 Votes)

Whether it's punching faces in, finishing checks or simply going out to take liberties on opposing players, Bronson Faux is the leagues vote for best VHL Goon.

Other Votes: Edwin Reencarnacion (4 Votes), Lord Karnage (3 Votes), Jaime Hill (2 Votes),

Jack Kowalski 92 Votes), King Czar, Koji Yamazaki, Tyler Cote, Vladimir Komarov, Rift Pajodcast,

Thomas O'Malley

i_6.png

Toughest Player to Play Against

Tom Slaughter (6 Votes)

It appears his peers have spoken and Tom Slaughter is the hardest player to play against. He has been a force in the league for a while and gives goaltenders fits.

Other votes: Thomas O'Malley (4), Bruno Wolf (3), Tyler Cote (2), Lorn Karnage (2), Mason Richardson,

Aksel Thomassen, Jake Wylde, Jody 3 Moons, Hans Wingate

glencross-curtis.jpg

Biggest Current VHL Busts

Brady Stropko, James Faraday & Mikkel Boomgarden (3 Votes)

This is the worst one to be voted because it shows the player didn't turn into the player he should have according to media and his peers. Although they may not be the biggest busts all-time, they would give a run for the money in that category.

Other votes: Michael Clardy, Koji Yamazaki, Tyler Cote, Konstantin Axhishchenkov, George Patton,

Jerrick Poole, Jack Kowalski, Francis York Morgan, Jakub Linholm, Callum Sinclair

Don Draper & Logan Laich (Retired)

3349.png

Best Current VHL First Generation

Travis Boychuk (5 Votes)

Well this is a great honour to receive because you started with nothing and worked your way up the board. Travis has shown a great commitment to the game and his progression.

Other votes: Sachimo Zoidberg (4), Jody 3 Moons (4 Votes), Jerrick Poole (2), Michael Clardy,

Vladimir Komarov, Simon Valmount, Oskars Harumpf, Michael Clardy

Christoph Klose (Invalid - Lindemann), Pablo Escabar (Invallid - Kuzie)

wcw-Vancouver.jpg

Best City without a VHL Franchise

Vancouver, Canada (4 votes)

It's hard to argue a Canadian city being on here, harder to argue it being a hockey hotbed like Vancouver. Water skiing to snow slope skiing in a half hour, just watch out for rush hour.

Other Votes: Prague, CZE (3 Votes), Chicago, USA (2 Votes), Halifax, CAN (2 Votes),

Philadelphia, USA (2 Votes), Vasteras, SWE (2 Votes), London, UK, Boston, USA, Moscow, RUS,

Houston, USA, Buffalo, USA, St. Paul, USA, St. Petersburg, RUS.

jzKtTwf.png

Most Bias Voters

New York American + Clardy

If you want league voting done, best not to go to New York. Those guys sure have a hard on for their own squad. There is no swallowing your pride from these big city baffoons. Clardy, that was a sad performance on your part.

i_3.png

VHL's Best Writer

Hans Wingate (CowboyInAmerica) (9 Votes)

Well the VHL is no stranger to good writing as well as poor writing. However for this honour CowboyInAmerica has the backing of his peers pretty strongly for best writer.

Other Votes: Victor (4), Kendrick (2), diamond_ace (2), Devise22, Sterling, Noah!, Munk

hehe u gawt dat rite bub.. ive been rawbed 

Edited by Munk

Also most overrated player? Are you joking? almost won three straight boulets and have had a 100 plus point in three straight. I dont even understand how Richardson is not overrated "oh hes the best defensemen" "oh hes elite" yeah not even ppg real fucking elite eh. how many trophies he won? (and no team awards should not be counted for this). This is actually surprising.

Loud and rash, I like it. Id like to thank god, my mom and dad who couldn't be here today to watch me accept this award, Riga who gave me so much practice way back when, and Quebec for being such easy targets. I couldnt have done this without your help. Who am I kidding, of course I could, it's in my very nature.

Im glad I could get under your guys skin so easily on my way to making the VHL a better place. You guys are the real MVTT's.

You guys are taking it like it's from me. "Joke thread" "this is bullshit", these were all tallied by the entire ballots. It's not like I just went ahead and named them. Guys need to not take it to heart, it's just an anonymous poll.

Brovy, I have not heard one person say I was the best defensemen nor has one person even predicted that in their predictions. So I can't say your comment really makes sense. Do I think my player lives up to his TPE? No I do not. But I am only one vote and my vote wasn't even Wolf there, so chill out man.

• Admin

I honestly don't think Wolf is overrated, I'm pretty sure he's getting into the Gall of Fame. That's the one thing kesler doesn't talk up enough imo.

And grats Cowboy on top writer, your MSs are a joy to read, makes me sometimes regret being in the mag since word count constraints. But got 4 votes anyway, thanks to whomever those wonderful people are!

Above all, great to see what results people came up with, good stuff Kendrick.

I'm dying @ the froggos of this league who voted sball the best trash talker over me. The guy who was scared AF of fighting me IRL is the best trash talker????? Right. I've never seen one funny post from that scrub. I give you classics like "Cologne more like Eau de Toilette" and then lose to trash??

Also Travis '85 pt season and 0 cups' Boychuk as the best 1st gen player??? Is this real life??? Did Frank and Kesler get 2 votes each? My worst season is on-par with his best season and I've got cups on my resume. Also, Michael Clardy got a vote? Again, is this real fucking life????

Close and lock this disgrace of a thread. Ban the VHLSC account as well.

Edited by gorlab

I'm surprised at the Americans being the most biased voters, certainly wasn't the case for myself.

Best VHL Future though, YEAH!

I'm dying @ the losers of this league who voted sball the best trash talker over me. The guy who was scared AF of fighting me IRL is the best trash talker????? Right. I've never seen one funny post from that moron. I give you classics like "Cologne more like Eau de Toilette" and then lose to that trash??

Also Travis 'Career high of 85 pts and 0 cups' Boychuk as the best 1st gen player??? Is this real life??? Did Frank and Kesler get 2 votes each?  My worst season is better than his best season and I've got cups on my resume. Also, Michael Clardy got a vote? Again, is this real fucking life????

Close and lock this disgrace of a thread. Ban the VHLSC account as well.

Career high of 85 points? You seem to be missing my two 100-point seasons and one with 91.

I honestly think Brovy is the best trash talker. He gets on everyone's nerves and much of the league hate him. I think that goes to show he's good at it, doesn't it?

Thank the voters for your opinion of me being best first generation. I'm glad people take notice. Gorlab, not sure why you're trashing me but it's all jokes anyways. 3 Moons is a little punk. More like 3 dicks in his mouth, amirite?

^^if that was too far, then okay.

I'm 100% that Boychuk is better than 3 Moons. Especially considering all of the second line action in his career, working with inferior wingers for the majority of it. 3 Moons benefits from being relied upon much more than Boychuk.

There is also the fact that I wasn't capitalizing on TPE earlier in my career as much as I have in the latter half.

I couldn't even name any 1st gens if I had to because that's not something I pay attention to, but I know I'm one of the best ones. Definitely in the top 5.