VHLM This Week - Off Season Edition (April 20 - 26)

Frank

1WB7mfX.png

Welcome to the new VHLM This Week series, I will be your host Frank. If you have any concerns about anything written in this article feel free to send five or six pm's to Jaladolar, again that's member Jaladolar for any comments or concerns...

I'll start off this week by spotlighting 3 members who showed great activity during this past week. In future weeks I'll spotlight players as well as members. Consider this a 3 star spotlight...

Member Spotlight

3rd Star -  Jedi

Not sure I'd be allowed to host a spotlight without mentioning the bravest in a galaxy far far away. Jedi just recently joined the site. We know that he does not deal in absolutes and that he probably carries a blue or green lightsaber on his person at all times. What we don't know much about is his player Matej Križ other then that he has an awesome name. Based off recent updates we can assume he will be some sort of shifty winger. If Jedi can continue to earn TPE at the pace he's currently on he'll have a very nice career ahead of him. So here's to you Jedi, our 3rd star of the week.  :3rd: 

2nd Star - diamond_ace

Recently stepping down as GM of the Calgary Wranglers (VHL), Jason aka diamond_ace has stepped back into the spotlight to GM the Oslo Storm (VHLM). Previously Jason was the GM of the Ottawa Ice Dogs (VHLM) who won a Founder's Cup in both Season 21 and 23. He has mentored a couple Hall of Famers, those being Mitch HIggins and Daniel Braxton. So the league should expect nothing but excellence from Oslo moving forward and I believe this is a huge positive for the VHLM. The VHLM thrives on good active GM's and Jason will be just that. 

1st Star - Contraction

Oh no! He lied! Yep I lied, our 1st star will not be a member but will be the contraction that took place during the Season 42 off season. The VHLM went from 10 teams to 8. Which will help create more competition as well as more active teams. As I stated before the VHLM thrives on activity and teams with 3 players wasn't going to cut it. So this was probably the biggest win from the off season for the VHLM and it should pay big dividends moving forward. 

Congratulations!

Secondly I'd like to congratulate the Brampton Blades  on winning the S42 Founder's Cup! Terrence Fong assembled a very competitive team with thorough drafting. With Blake Campbell, Bronson Faux and E'Twaun Delicious leading the way they we're a tough team to beat. Not to mention the depth they possessed it definitely helped them throughout the regular season and into the playoffs. 

Champs_AB75051_475%5B1%5D.jpg

Updating Your Player to McJesus Levels!

Do you want to be the next Connor McDavid of the VHL or in VHL terms the next Scotty Campbell? Well then you better start updating like a crazy mother fucker. The nice thing about the VHLM is you can earn a lot of points without much effort. For instance...

VHLM Training Camp - If this is your first player post here and claim 10 TPE UNCAPPED.

VHLM Fantasy Zone & VHL Fantasy Zone - Here all you need to do is make predictons in the appropriate threads and gain tpe for correct answers, the advantage of being the VHLM is you can do both fantasy zones.

Fan590 or Player Card: - Write 150 words about whatever the fuck you want or make a player card for 1 TPE CAPPED a week. 

VHLM Practice Facility: - All you have to do is post in the thread and claim that 1 TPE UNCAPPED per week.

The Big Boy Section (POINT TASKS): - For players who want to maximize their earnings you can post a Media Spot (written article of at least 500 words) or a Graphic (usually a sig or video) or maybe even a Podcast for up to 6 TPE!!!

Welfare: - For those afraid of effort or doing the littlest amount of work this section is for you. You can post in the welfare thread to claim 2 tpe or more depending on past players. 

TPE Whore err I mean Biography and Rookie Profile: - Here you can post your rookie profile and biography to gain up to a total of 18 Uncapped TPE. The rookie profile must be over 800 words and the biography is usually over 1000 words. 

Reality Check

Rome wasn't built in a day your player won't be amazing over night. The more effort you put the better your player will be in most cases. So don't get discouraged with point totals and member favoritism just focus on making the best player you can and drown out all the hate cause haters gonna hate and you're just gonna shake am I right? This is a pretty laid back community with not a lot of rules so chill the fuck out and pass the joint to the next guy... Almost every member on this site is willing and able to help you so click on that little chat icon and find someone if you have any questions. 

W4wo98h.jpg

Off-Season Happenings

I'm currently working on my fourth beer so I'm going to keep this short and sweet while still trying to cover this as in depth as I can without running sentences to shit. 

So how about them trades? Many picks were exchanged.

Now for some exciting analysis on a trade involving a VHLM player... 

Moscow Receives:

Bratislava S45 1st  :brt:

Bratislava Receives:

(S43) D - Michael Clardy, TPE: 91

On the surface this a simple trade for what may end up being only a rental. Michael Clardy began his VHLM career very active and fell off a bit near the end. If he picks up his point earnings once again then I have no doubt he will be in the VHL next season. If Clardy moves up to the VHL Bratislava will need to win a cup for this trade to be worth while. But again on the surface this is a simple late 1st for a rental. We'll review this again down the road to see who comes out on top here or if anybody does. 

Check out all the other trades HERE.

Check out all the Free Agent Signings HERE.

VHLM Awards

First off congratulations to all the winners! If you would like to see a list of all the winners for Season 42 please click HERE.

Championship - Founder's Cup: Brampton Blades
Best Regular Season Record - Prime Minister's Cup: Brampton Blades
MVP - Mitch Higgins Trophy: Vogon Jeltz (MIN)
Playoff MVP - Skylar Rift Trophy: Patrick Demko (OSL)
Leading Points - Ethan Osborne Trophy: Kyle Kingma (OSL) - 185
Leading Goals - Alexander Chershenko Trophy: Vogon Jeltz (MIN) - 128
Leading Assists - Vladimir Boomchenko Trophy: Jack Ryan (MIN) - 145
Top Defenseman - Ryan Sullivan Trophy: Patrick Demko (OSL)
Top Goalie - Benoit Devereux Trophy: Coca Cola (OSL) 
Top Two-Way Forward - Matt Bentz Trophy: Prince Gigga-Bijou (OSL)

Executive of the Year - Jack Reilly Trophy: Terrence Fong (BRM)

VHLM DRAFT

You can review all the selections HERE.

Bernie Gow went first overall to the Bern Royals. Bernie comes from the very talented Flyersfan(insert a bunch of numbers here) agency. Though this draft lacked depth past the first fifteen picks most of the 1st and 2nd round players will have impacts on their respective VHLM teams.

76gaineypricetimmins400.jpg

WAIVER WIRE 

It's the off season... Nothing to see here. But get ready there's a storm coming Mr. Wayne. 

giphy.gif

TRIVIA

PLEASE PM ME YOUR ANSWERS OR I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL DRINK YOUR BEER

If you survived most of this poorly written article then you deserve some sort of reward right? Well here it is! Answer these three questions correctly and you'll be entered to win a TPE prize at the end of the season. I'll discuss the pay out as well as start a leaderboard in next week's edition.

1. Who went 3rd overall in the S43 VHLM Dispersal Draft?

2. If you click on the VHLM logo at the top of the page where does it take you? 

3. Who won the S42 Founder's Cup? 

VHLM PLAYER SPOTLIGHT 

You sexy mother fucker you belong here. 

question-mark4.jpg

Want your player to be featured in VHLM This Week? PM me and tell me why... 

Well that's it for this edition, again if you have any comments or concerns about what you've read make sure to send five or six pm's to Jaladolar. J-a-l-a-d-o-l-a-r. 

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this weekly article I suggest you post below or pm them to me! 

Good night everyone and good luck with your players! See you next week...