Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

i don't get it

Well it's pretty simple... I have force powers.

Nah, I just had someone toss me the game from off camera to look cool.  :lol:

sandro you look slimmer.

I'm trying, since HS I've gotten a little leaner and added on some muscle. Gotta get back to exercising regularly again though.

Edited by Sandro

• Commissioner

MSBS in Ghosts needs to be patched big time. I don't think I've had such OP bursts since CoD 4 haha. Finally getting used to some guns though (MSBS, AK-12, Snipers) so I've gone from raging and dying a shit-ton to leading every game and barely going below 2.0 k/d. Amplify and silencers make a huge difference haha

I don't know who cares about the FF series, but SE finally released a date for the HD remsters of X and X-2... March 18. Which is hilarious considering my gf pre-ordered it for my birthday... this past April.

Plan on killing this one like I did the Ps2 version. Int. version allows for better customization and new bosses. Very excited.

• Commissioner

Forza and Dead Rising 3 is what I'll be getting plus upgrading my cod and BF from future shop promo. Anyone else getting a X1 this Friday?

That's not a futureshop promo, at least if you're talking about the $10 next-gen upgrade. It's just on some games bought before the next-gen launch (Aka Ghosts, BF4 and AC4)

Either way I'm going with a PS4 when I get money for it. Been with Sony since the PS1 and have never really seen a reason to think the Xbox would better suite my needs.

• Commissioner

Meant I got COD and BF from futureshop from the trade promo last week trade any old game to get COD, BF or AC.

Then EB Games has the upgrade 360 copy to 1 for 9.99$

Ah, okay, that makes more sense.

I wish I would have picked up a second copy for Ghosts at the futurehsop event. Having to do online to get 4 player extinction is a pain when you don't want to play with randoms and only have one copy.

I don't know who cares about the FF series, but SE finally released a date for the HD remsters of X and X-2... March 18. Which is hilarious considering my gf pre-ordered it for my birthday... this past April.

Plan on killing this one like I did the Ps2 version. Int. version allows for better customization and new bosses. Very excited.

I actually just ordered an FF game, but not the one you're thinking. I got an old copy of the "FF Chronicles" pairing for PS1 (I have one of the backwards compatible PS2s) which is FF4 and Chrono Trigger. Primarily wanted Chrono Trigger since I've played 4, but I like 4 well enough that I'll likely play it again as well.

Also just got NHL14 so I might be on that for a while before I jump to the other.

Was pretty much sold on getting a PS4 over XBox1 to start, although I will own both eventually. But now not so sure. Console looks quick, snappy, love the UI changes and Playstation Plus is still great but the thing I loved most about Sony is something I"m going to have to wait to see quality on right now. That being first party software ergo games. Knack looks rather lackluster which sucks and Killzone is just another shooter. First party launch software looks rather bleak right now for Sony. Resogun reviewed great but not my style of game. 

While I'm sure Quantic Dream will release something eventually, and Naughty Dog will make another Uncharted (their B team will) and their A team will likely move on from Last of Us to make another amazing original IP and you have InFamous in the spring as well as Destiny being the go to game on PS4 I'm still a little hesitant. Launch line up of games has looked far more solid for One right now. Obviously multi console is irrelevant, but Forza and Dead Rising 3 alone look to be very solid considering they are launch games. Add that with the fact that Titanfall is coming to XB1 first next year and I don't know.

I'll likely still end up getting a PS4 first, despite the weak launch line up Sony has had great first party titles over the course of the PS3 even if it took them a while to get there. Microsoft can start out strong with a few key first party games but they usually beat the Halo/Gears sequels into the ground over the course of a console cycle. Not to mention I can also check out Titanfall on PC.

How have you been enjoying launch line up thus far Sandro? I know your pretty big on Killzone but anything else you enjoying? 

Killzone is all I've picked up so far, and I'm loving that. Solid 8/10, I'm dominating at the multiplayer and I enjoyed the campaign for the most part. One of the characters introduced (Echo) is probably the most interesting character in any military shooter I've ever played, at least in recent memory. There's a surprisingly strong lore to the Killzone universe, but the writers have really ignored it up until Shadow Fall. You already said Resogun isn't your type of game, but I find it really addictive so I'm enjoying that as well. Knack is a polarizing game, the reviews are not all that positive but almost everyone I speak to that has played the game has enjoyed it. It's not amazing, but if you played Crash Bandicoot back in the day you might enjoy it for the nostalgia alone. Warframe and Blacklight: Retribution are a couple of F2P, indie shooters that aren't half bad either. I'm not huge on Warframe but Blacklight was really fun on PC.

The first party titles at launch are definitely lacking, but Sony's put themselves in a position where they can afford to spread things out. Microsoft's first-party line up at launch is a little iffy to me, Forza 5 is stripped down from previous entries (less cars + tracks), Dead Rising 3 has major frame rate issues, and I've straight up hated everything Crytek has ever made so Ryse isn't even on my radar. Honestly, Microsoft's exclusives don't interest me much at all. Halo and Gears are Halo and Gears, nothing new there. Quantum Break's weird TV/game combination isn't all that appealing. Other than that I have no clue what they've got in the pipeline. I think the biggest thing to note in terms of multi-plat games is that due to the PS4 being more powerful, it will likely be a regular occurrence that the PS4 has a higher resolution and/or better frame rate.

As for Sony's future offerings, here's what we know so far. InFamous: Second Son is coming on March 21st, I love the series and think this game looks phenomenal. Could be the first killer app for the PS4. DriveClub is still slated for early 2014 and it was fun to play and the graphics get better with every trailer released. The Order: 1886 is set to release next year as well. On the unannounced/little-known side, Naughty Dog is already at work on the next Uncharted. Of course the TLOU team should have something new in its early stages soon if not already. Sony Santa Monica (God of War) is rumoured to be working on a new open-world, sci-fi IP. Guerrilla Games (Killzone) also has a new IP in the works, which is rumoured to be an RPG of some sort. Japan Studio has finished up Puppeteer and Knack, so I wouldn't be shocked to see The Last Guardian finally re-surface in the next 12 months. Then Sony Bend (Syphon Filter), Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Beyond), and Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet) are all working on stuff we know pretty much nothing about.

Edited by Sandro

Lmao you are such a fanboy it's funny. Shooting down all the Xbox exclusives and then saying PS is 'spreading' their exclusives out.

I was literally paraphrasing what the head of Sony Worldwide Studios is saying as I agree with it. It's not something new that Sony's first party lineup is strong than Microsoft's, it's been that way for years.

I was asked for my perspective on the launch, so I gave my perspective. Forza is a moot point to me because I can play Gran Turismo and Driveclub on Playstation. I have never found the Dead Rising games to be enjoyable, combined with a crap resolution and an iffy frame rate and it once again doesn't interest me. Same deal with Ryse, I've been extremely vocal in my dislike for the Crysis series and for Crytek as a whole for a long time now. My stance here isn't exactly anything new to anyone who even knows a little about me. Now if Microsoft came out with Halo, Gears, and Titanfall at launch? Well shit, I'd be looking a little more at the Xbox One. But their launch exclusives are games that have never been of interest to me, and it hasn't changed.

As for "shooting down" all exclusives, I don't think I've done anything but praise Titanfall. I think it was a stupid business decision by EA to go exclusive, but the game is basically COD with mechs and it's fun as hell.

Edited by Sandro