Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

• Commissioner

So...they added a new shotgun/sniper combo in CoD. Weird sounding gun I know. But they kinda broke in in hardcore which makes it the most entertaining / frustrating thing I have ever seen. It’s essentially an aim-bot. If someone is on your screen and you fire you will kill them in 1 bullet without having to aim. It’ll be fixed soon I’m sure but for now it is easily the most entertaining time I have ever had in hardcore haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What have people been playing lately? I just beat Uncharted 4 finally, been grinding through Grand Theft Auto 3 (bought the pack of it, Vice City and San Andreas). Man does GTA 3 not hold up at all, granted I never beat any of the story missions in any GTA game until I decided to go through and do it now. But man. Vice City was the furthest I always got to back in the day so I'm jazzed to check em out again even if I don't think control wise, or structure wise a lot of it is great. 

Waiting on Battlefront 2 later this week, but with all the drama surrounding launch I'll likely end up waiting till a sale happens or a few weeks of patches air out. Anyone playing the new Mario? Anyone care about Call of Duty WW2? @Beketov as a CoD guy figure you might. Man that game does literally zero for me. Like I'm stunned how this year I'm more interested and likely going to get the new AC, instead of getting Shadow of War. But with the litany of quality shooters out, and WW2 doing nothing for me anymore, everything about that thing just looks so by the numbers. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

What have people been playing lately?

Just beat most of the Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon: Zero Dawn.  I think it was pretty good for the short amount of story given, and it all played out like a mini version of the main game. I'm very sad my quest in the game will end after about 60 hours (70 max, if i feel like finding every single small collectable) but this is has been one of the most enjoyable games I've played in quite some time. Guerrilla really deserves a pat on the back for what they made with HZD. 

Destiny 2 as well, but idk. Something just feels off. Like they've taken a step back from where 1 ended. No real reason to come back and keep grinding as of right now... I've completed the raid only twice and have no urge to run it again. I was extremely hyped for the game, but it turns out that everyone is going to have to wait for a few DLC's to be released before they go about and fix things to get it even remotely close to how fun (that I found it anyways) the first one was.

Just now, Boragina said:

Just beat most of the Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon: Zero Dawn.  I think it was pretty good for the short amount of story given, and it all played out like a mini version of the main game. I'm very sad my quest in the game will end after about 60 hours (70 max, if i feel like finding every single small collectable) but this is has been one of the most enjoyable games I've played in quite some time. Guerrilla really deserves a pat on the back for what they made with HZD. 

Destiny 2 as well, but idk. Something just feels off. Like they've taken a step back from where 1 ended. No real reason to come back and keep grinding as of right now... I've completed the raid only twice and have no urge to run it again. I was extremely hyped for the game, but it turns out that everyone is going to have to wait for a few DLC's to be released before they go about and fix things to get it even remotely close to how fun (that I found it anyways) the first one was.

There is also a burn out issue too for me with Destiny 2. I never beat the raid yet, in either D1 or D2 as I never got a group of six together. However I played hundreds of hours of D1, and when D2 released I beat the campaign with 3 classes, played the Nightfall with Kyle/Chris, and then did a bunch of PVP and some events. But after like 60+ with D2 and doing all that I'm kind of like "okay maybe I'm good." I want to do the Raid, but man at the end of the day Destiny is still an MMO and it is just about grinding and grinding. I guess I kind of feel like what was offered content wise in D2 was enough for me to be like "hey I'm satisfied with this, I don't need to come back to it when there are 10's of other games releasing that look interesting." 

Just now, Devise said:

There is also a burn out issue too for me with Destiny 2. I never beat the raid yet, in either D1 or D2 as I never got a group of six together. However I played hundreds of hours of D1, and when D2 released I beat the campaign with 3 classes, played the Nightfall with Kyle/Chris, and then did a bunch of PVP and some events. But after like 60+ with D2 and doing all that I'm kind of like "okay maybe I'm good." I want to do the Raid, but man at the end of the day Destiny is still an MMO and it is just about grinding and grinding. I guess I kind of feel like what was offered content wise in D2 was enough for me to be like "hey I'm satisfied with this, I don't need to come back to it when there are 10's of other games releasing that look interesting." 

I put over 1000 hours into D1 and beat all four the Raids multiple times. And I kept wanting to go back and play. every week. A semi-active friends list helped for sure, but I was cool just logging and going solo myself.

I've found the D2 raid to be worst one in my opinion (maybe tied with Crota's End) and I have no want/need to run any of the end game content including nightfalls. they've introduced a system which allows for players to just walk around the maps, completing public events and so on and be able to get Max Power. 

If they at least made it so that the Raid Armor/Weapons had specific perk sets that made them stand out or at least sought after, then I would be able to truly understand pushing towards the casual player while still rewarding the Hardcore player like myself from D1. Instead, its mainly cosmetic garbage which makes me blieve that theres no point in trying to grind. At all.

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, Devise said:

What have people been playing lately? I just beat Uncharted 4 finally, been grinding through Grand Theft Auto 3 (bought the pack of it, Vice City and San Andreas). Man does GTA 3 not hold up at all, granted I never beat any of the story missions in any GTA game until I decided to go through and do it now. But man. Vice City was the furthest I always got to back in the day so I'm jazzed to check em out again even if I don't think control wise, or structure wise a lot of it is great. 

Waiting on Battlefront 2 later this week, but with all the drama surrounding launch I'll likely end up waiting till a sale happens or a few weeks of patches air out. Anyone playing the new Mario? Anyone care about Call of Duty WW2? @Beketov as a CoD guy figure you might. Man that game does literally zero for me. Like I'm stunned how this year I'm more interested and likely going to get the new AC, instead of getting Shadow of War. But with the litany of quality shooters out, and WW2 doing nothing for me anymore, everything about that thing just looks so by the numbers. 

I haven’t had the most one in the world to play it (vacation on launch weekend and then new puppy right after) but honestly it’s pretty damn good. The setting is well done, the gameplay feels solid and the maps are pretty good. They have a lot to iron out on their end with the servers and stuff but that will come. Honestly it hasn’t even affected me personally that much.

Im only 2 missions into the campaign but so far it’s gritty as hell which is a really nice departure from what they have been doing the last few years. They really toss you right into it and the new health system (campaign only) is definitely not forgiving. Playing it on veteran is certainly a challenge. Definitely worth a look. If you aren’t THAT interested check for Black Friday or Boxing Day sales but it’s worth picking up.

P.S @Banackock CoD campaigns are generally very well done and this isn’t much of an exception. Honestly MP is the big thing for me as well but you definitely shouldn’t overlook the campaign in any CoD game. BO3 was the only one that left me feeling very meh.

• Commissioner

What do you all think about what’s going on with Battlefront II and EA? I was kinda interested in the game at first but honestly with the way they are ha sling everything with their micro transactions I honestly want nothing to do with it.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

What do you all think about what’s going on with Battlefront II and EA? I was kinda interested in the game at first but honestly with the way they are ha sling everything with their micro transactions I honestly want nothing to do with it.

I'll wait until it's free on ea access in a few months honestly 

• 1 month later...

Got COD: WW2 for Christmas cuz all my friends got it and I only had to pay 10 bucks myself.

First one since MW2, and this is honestly not so bad. Not used to the quick TTK, but I'm starting to pick it back up.

Destiny 2 has been the biggest disapointment in a very long time. Holy.

14 minutes ago, Boragina said:

Got COD: WW2 for Christmas cuz all my friends got it and I only had to pay 10 bucks myself.

First one since MW2, and this is honestly not so bad. Not used to the quick TTK, but I'm starting to pick it back up.

Destiny 2 has been the biggest disapointment in a very long time. Holy.

I bought the MW remastered a few months ago and was surprised how much fun I had with it. don't think I've played a call of duty game since black ops. My buddy has WW2 and it seemed fun but never played it.

need a mw 2 remaster so i can play terminal again

1 minute ago, Tyler said:

I bought the MW remastered a few months ago and was surprised how much fun I had with it. don't think I've played a call of duty game since black ops. My buddy has WW2 and it seemed fun but never played it.

need a mw 2 remaster so i can play terminal again

I just want my akimbo 1887s. Yes, I was that guy lol.