Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Higgins and I have gotten back on Overwatch lately, anyone else still playing? If so hows your competitive rank lookin? 

I know I'm still playing, we actually played a round of competitive for our YT channel last week. (Me, Yeah, ADV) I still very much think Overwatch is a great experience, the arcade makes it very easy to put weekly time into it and get a few extra loot boxes. My competitive rank isn't great, I haven't played seriously in competitive since the start of the season. But I'm almost lvl 100 so that is a plus. :P You guys probably play on Xbox though don't you? 

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, Devise said:

I know I'm still playing, we actually played a round of competitive for our YT channel last week. (Me, Yeah, ADV) I still very much think Overwatch is a great experience, the arcade makes it very easy to put weekly time into it and get a few extra loot boxes. My competitive rank isn't great, I haven't played seriously in competitive since the start of the season. But I'm almost lvl 100 so that is a plus. :P You guys probably play on Xbox though don't you? 

Yeah we have Xboners, just started playing again so we won't get to put much time into this season either as I think it ends fairly soon :P 

13 minutes ago, Will said:

Higgins and I have gotten back on Overwatch lately, anyone else still playing? If so hows your competitive rank lookin? 

Don't have a rank, but from this clip in this video I took during the Overwatch stream me, @Advantage and @Devise did, the correct answer to that is that we are the most competitive.

17 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

Anyone here play The Binding of Isaac? That game's my fuckin jam.

I beat much of it a year or so back when it released on PS Vita. I enjoyed it mostly for it's rogue like elements, not as big on the dual joystick shooter top down control scheme. But if you like that you should start googling around haha there is SO MUCH out there now in terms of similar things. The rouge like space in general, even the dual joystick space. Hell even those elements combined. 

@YEAH!stlemania I've actually had some decent success with him lately too, although playing random heroes you end up having good runs with lots of heroes you don't normally play. One of the things I found out about Torb is that just planting the turret and repairing it isn't the only way to play lol. He has a rather underrated firearm that arcs really well from a range perspective. It shoots like a mortar honestly. And people assume your going to be repairing the turret so once they see it and you near it it gives you easy opportunities to then hide, move, flank, and catch them off focus. 

51 minutes ago, Devise said:

I beat much of it a year or so back when it released on PS Vita. I enjoyed it mostly for it's rogue like elements, not as big on the dual joystick shooter top down control scheme. But if you like that you should start googling around haha there is SO MUCH out there now in terms of similar things. The rouge like space in general, even the dual joystick space. Hell even those elements combined. 

Yeah I know rogue-like dungeon crawlers are all over the place, it's all Steam recommends to me nowadays after putting nearly 600 hours into it. :P

It's funny, I was falling out of interest in it but then I found a character editor that made unlocks a lot easier, so I was able to unlock some of the cooler items like godhead. It's funny how much of a stink the community makes about this though, they really care about how much this 'dilutes' the achievement pool, but I'd rather not spend a year and a half getting good enough to do the character that can't get hit without dying.

Nowadays any day I can't play the game I watch youtube videos on it, and I haven't been able to go more than like 3 days without doing at least one run. :P

Edited by .sniffuM

• 2 weeks later...

I'd had no Overwatch achievements in forever, then got two in the same match :lol: (The Bastion 3 configs one and the Reinhardt 3 different attacks on same guy)

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

Been on dat PUBG shit hard lately

I'm thinking the Pajodcast crew needs to look at streaming some of it tbh. None of us have played it but it looks tense and dope as hell. Really putting an actual game mode around the whole DayZ survival trope genre imo.

7 minutes ago, RomanesEuntDomus said:

I need to watch some of your guys Overwatch stuff! Would love to get into a game as well if you weren't all filthy console people :D

Edit: The real POTG was the laugh, right :P ?

We've had some MLG pro moments for sure.

Just got the D.Va achievement for killing tons of people with one self-destruct, funny thing was I set it up to explode in the slo-mo after the game was lost, and I hear "QUINTUPLE KILL!" and the acheivement notification pop-up while it's telling me that it's 1-0! 

Everyone still loves them some Overwatch, eh?

Let's take a break from that. I'm 52 hours in and think I'm only about halfway done with the game, but Persona 5 is GOTY hands down right now. If you like JRPGs, play it right now. If you don't like JRPGs, play it because it definitely changed my mind about them.

8 minutes ago, Sandro said:

Everyone still loves them some Overwatch, eh?

Let's take a break from that. I'm 52 hours in and think I'm only about halfway done with the game, but Persona 5 is GOTY hands down right now. If you like JRPGs, play it right now. If you don't like JRPGs, play it because it definitely changed my mind about them.

It's an awesome game, I completed it a couple of months ago and it was definitely worth the wait (had been following it since they first announced it was releasing Winter 2014 haha!). If you like 5, once you've completed it you should definitely consider giving Persona 4 (preferably Golden which is on the Vita or PS TV if you have either of those) a go if you haven't already. While it's a bit of a step-down in the game-play department (battles don't have quite as much to them and the dungeons aren't as fleshed out as they are in 5), I would say story and character wise it's even better than 5 is (Persona 4 Golden is actually my favourite game of all time). Persona 3 is also pretty good, but that's a lot harder to go back to because there's no way to control party members in battle (that was only available in the PSP version).

Took me more games than I was anticipating (124 games in total!) but I finally made it up to platinum in Overwatch Competitive. Been maining D.Va as of late and it's going really well, her defense matrix is really underrated as to how well it can just shutdown someone's ultimate!