VHLM This Week (October 19, 2014)

Jala

QsRd00z.png

Welcome to :vhlm: VHLM This Week.

TPE Earners

Check out the Fantasy Zone. There are two zones, the VHLM version and the VHL version.

*Anyone can join the VHL fantasy zone, only VHLMers can join the VHLM zone. So go on and jump into both to try and double your gains!*

Most weeks both zones will only have 2 options for you. a) Pick 'em. You are given 4 games and you choose the winners of those 4 games. If you choose correctly and all 4 teams you chose are winners, you are awarded +1 TPE. b.) Predict the score. You are given 1 game and you must choose the winner and the final score. If you are right, you get awarded +3 TPE.

Player store is open again. Use your newly earned contract money to improve your player or see yourself in the mag!

Announcements

A new PT for the S40 celebration was announced. It's a cool concept in that it's a team PT so everyone gets a chance to chip in and help earn some TPE. It's only available to members of VHL teams, so if you haven't been drafted you won't be eligible. It'll be great to see once it's done and we can learn more about the VHL's storied history.

The final round of the GFX Tourney is here. It's down to 3 artists; Boubabi, Frank and Mr. Baller. Check out the set-up and wait for the best of the best sigs to come down.

There have been some rule changes that affect the VHLM. Some of the changes include all teams having a 50 TPE CPU back-up and some free agency adjustments. Check out the full announcment here.

The VHL has their Instagram account up and running. Just for following with your account, you get +1 TPE. Simply follow them and then post in the thread. There's also a two PT opportunities you can take a look at in the thread. Good to see social media expanding for the league.

Media

Here are some media spots and Fan590s I was looking at I thought you guys might find to be funny or a good read.

Edition 52 of On the Rise is out, the mag crew works really hard on it so make sure you check it out if you aren't.

New member Mr. Kingma shares his experiences with joining Bern and the shift to being a part of the VHLM and some of the challenges he's going to have to face.

Rice did a quick interview after he was named captain this season for the Red Wolves. A great read and congrats to him for his new leadership role.

You can check out all the weekly updates in media or fan590s.

Graphics

We'll take a quick look at some signatures. These are all made by users and we think these are really well done and recommend you check them out and other submitted sigs on ideas on how to make your own better.

Dion submitted this fine piece of art. Another great example of his fantastic skills with sigs.

Kitras submitted a great sig of his own, very aggressive and the colours work well. We enjoy it.

The final round of the GFX Tourney is down to 3 artists; boubabi, Frank and Mr. Baller. Check out the other rounds and get amped to see what they unleash in this round.

Lots of other that are worth checking out in the graphics section.

Games

Gotta feel bad for the goalies in this rumble between the Royals and Watchmen that ended 8-5 for the Watchmen.

The Royals and Outlaws needed extra time in a game that had a total of 13 goals with the Outlaws pulling out the win 7-6.

You can check out all the games that were played in the S40 games section.

VHLM Player Spotlight

We sat down with Bobby Ricky for a quick chat as he seems unable to sit still for more then a few minutes at a time. We hope it's because he loves being on the ice but he lets on that it could be something else.

You were contemplating retiring, what was the biggest reason you decided to stay?

I would say the paychecks to buy my "energy boosts" and the naked women in the New York locker room are great incentives to stay.

Is your drive to win the biggest reason for your success or do you feel there's other factors at play?

All I want to do is score goals so that's what drives any success I have. If you look at our team record this season in Ottawa you would see that winning is overrated for me. Scoring goals>>>>winning.

You always seem to be getting into sticky situations. Are those by accident or do you guide yourself into a gay bar?

That was totally on the taxi driver... I would have no interest in going to a gay bar on my own. :ph34r:

We find everything you write is fun to read and wants us looking forward to the next article. What makes you such an effective storyteller?

Its amazing how creative my mind can be on those "energy boosts". You should try it some time.

Anything else you'd like to add?

Yeah off the record right?... Do you have any coke or know someone who has coke? I need some coke and not that crap you drink.

Thanks for the interview but you never answered my question... I really need that coke bro :wacko:

*Also, don't forget about my media spot for the week :)

Edited by VHLwhat

Thanks for the interview but you never answered my question... I really need that coke bro :wacko:

*Also, don't forget about my media spot for the week :)

Yeah I saw that today, it's already penciled in for next weeks lol