der podcast questions

der meister

Who's asked you the most questions in der podcast history?

Seen any good movies lately? Are there any summer movies you are wanting to see?

Are you watching/following the NJPW G1 Climax? If so, any prediction on the winner?

Do you think Adam Cole will be a success in NXT/WWE? 

I've been a bit depressed lately. Any advice on being more positive?

Are you still active in the SHL? I haven't visited in a while so I have no clue.

What's the atmosphere like in the NY LR as the playoffs are now underway?

Who do you think might be a good candidate for the GM role being vacated by Mr Ryan Power?

Now that I've practiced...

@YEAH!stlemania give me some questions.

You know what happens when you tag the greatest tagger of all time to ask you some questions for your podcast? You know what happens, huh? Well Der Meister...

@der meister

YOU JUST GOT SOME QUESTIONS!

Casey Jones entering the upcoming VHLM Draft and you're earned quite a bit of TPE already, how high are you expecting to go in that draft?

Big difference between last year's VHLM Draft and this years is that there are an abundance of goalies in this draft (Roy, Kensington, Brodeur, O'Tarth), how quickly do you think they'll be drafted.

Devise posted some thoughts about mixing things up in the VHLM so that if a guy is drafted in the VHLM Draft and will still be in the VHLM the following year, he would re-enter the next VHLM Draft instead of sticking with the same VHLM team, what are your thoughts on that?

Along the same train of thought, what are your thoughts on inactive high TPE VHLM players (100+) that are allowed to stick around on a team for 2-3 seasons, do you feel like that rewards teams too much for not actually getting him to the VHLM or do you think that because the team drafted him that's it fair for him to stick around on the roster?

Finally, a New York thing. Another Devise post said that New York are actually looking to compete next season, are you surprised by that decision? Do you think it's the right decision?

@der meister

You found your way to the Riga Reign this off-season, are you happy with your destination? What do you expect to be the more difficult challenge, winning the European Conference or winning the Continental Cup final?

Casey Jones came back to Vegas in the draft, happy to return to the team? Were you expecting to be the second defenseman taken?

Lot of trades this off-season, which one do you think is the biggest?

I did my randomized yearly award predictions and I don't know how I lucked out so much, but I managed to draw Essian Ravenwing for Most Sportsmanlike. Did you know of my plan in advance and hijack Random.org to help me out?

Finally, a question on the rebuilding teams, Cologne, New York and Stockholm currently only have one VHL quality skater between them (Hudson Abbott), do you think this is a concern that there are teams that empty in the VHL or do you think that it's OK considering their status as rebuilding? If you think it is a problem, what would you suggest to fix it? 

Edited by Tagger

So... you stuck with me again, but now in Riga. Thoughts?

As an extension, you wanted to play Essian's full career with just the one team. You've barely hit depreciation and you're now on your third team. Is the cyclic nature of the VHL to blame?

Have you ever played for Riga before? Which teams have you not played before?

Should I make a second player, now that I swear that I am back to full activity with Shankly and am settling into my new job? 

Did not tag, will still ask!

Casey Jones is off to a great start with Vegas, were you surprised to be doing this well this early on in the season?

Vegas have also brought in a lot of first-gen Free Agents this season, Calder O'Callahan, Matt Clyde, Shelton Kenzie and Kirk Lazarus. What are your thoughts on these players early on in their career?

@Tagger is still a threat!

I did a quick podcast recently where I was talking about things I'd like to see changed in the VHLM, and one of the things I brought up was more updates in the sim, as guys haven't had any of their points added from the previous 2 board updates and follows on from last season where guys who created at the trade deadline never got an update. Do you think that's something that needs looking at or is the sim updating fine the way it is?

Frank's recent mock draft had you going fifth overall. What do you make of that projection? Also, do you believe that the recent amount of defensemen being created will have an effect on draft stock like it did in the VHLM draft?

- Should we fold the VHLM?

- Should Riga's top line be doing better?

- Can you recite one epic sentence from your novel?

- I'm starting a Krav Maga Academy in my department. Do you know what that is?

- I have my podcast power back. Will this enable Shankly to be an even better linemate to Ravenwing come winter (the playoffs)?

3 minutes ago, der meister said:

Things please 

1. How has taggers disappearance effected Las Vegas locker room

2. Why are the defenseman in the VHLM lighting it up this year( could talk about how Louth a defenseman is leading the scoring race)

3. Saskatoon Wild came from no where to catch up to Vegas in the standings? 

Hope this helps

- What was your favourite TV show growing up?

- What was your favourite Movie growing up?

- Who's your favourite author?

- Can Essian catch up in the leading scorer race (points, not goals)

- Can he potentially win the Beketov (top assists) as well?

- Does Shankly have any shot at getting the Boulet this season or does Theo Axelsson have that in the bag?