der podcast questions

der meister

Dark Horse of the VHL season this year?

Of the NHL?

Did you listen to KnightTime 72 where I answered your question about the combo of Ravenwing/Maxwell. You should and then take my advice on it. It worked for Smalling/Rafter, that's all I'm saying. 

Put a bot with them, leave Stockon alone on line 2

What has been the proudest moment for you as a father? Or pick one thing for each of your daughters that has made you proud.

What's been your favourite season or time period in the VHL and why?

What's on your gaming list of games you want to play but probably won't be able to for a long long time because life gets in the way?

- What day is this? Why is tomorrow (today) it?

- Draft lottery is/was tonight/last night. Are you happy about the results? If Americans got first overall, are you excited about the prospect of Phil Shankly potentially joining Ravenwing and Maxwell?

- thoughts on the 10-0 trouncing of Montreal

- OMG THE ELECTION WILL BE FINALLY OVER SOON. Relieved? 

- Did you ever get that furnace fixed?

- Compare each of your girls to an NHL player! 

Season 51 is almost over thankfully, discuss your thoughts on Ravenwings career so far and some of your tips on fighting through struggles when the stats just aren't coming early.

With tensions high, can the VHL really survive a 4peat? 

List your top 5 favorite movies, except kicker each has to be from a different genre. 

Who on the VHL in your opinion has the best signature, avatar, and username? (Each separate) 

With it pretty much confirmed that @Phil is joining the Americans, do you think we stand a chance of attracting any FA?

Since S50, which first gen looks to be the best bet going forward to stay in the VHL for a long time? 

And of course to wrap it up, discuss beer/alcohol/scotch preferences, brands etc. 

Happy Monday! Happy Monday?

How are sales for WHN going? About as expected? Are you potentially going to be expanding any of your other shorts from N&D?

Hamilton's last season is this next one. What do you think my player that succeeds him should be? 

Sad news about Leonard Cohen. Do you know much of his work?

feel free to delay my questions a week if u already have too many from these assholes above.

Do you like any current day, popular music?? Like, something released in the last year, for example and would be played semi-regularly on public radio?

Do you think the Buffalo Sabres' famous hockey commentator is going to die soon? Which buffalo uniform era do you prefer, the original blue/yellow era, the black/red/white hasek era, the buffaslug era, or the current era? Do you like Evander Kane, if not, is it because of his skin colour?

Thoughts on US election results? As a Canadian, I am still quite happy to see Donald Trump win, personally. Will you ever risk wearing a red baseball hat in public again?

Comment on the tragic 5-0 loss the Beauts sustained to the Pride and why the NWHL needs more teams to be good. Also, what the hell, they're cutting player salaries in half and don't allow checking? #ChecksBreakGlassCeilings

Pastrnak is the wimp sniper I have always dreamed of creating. Has Ravenwing been a fun build for you considering your other builds?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

1. What do you think the North American Conference playoffs in the VHL will look like this season?

2. Any teams you think will make a big push this year?

3. Do you think Podcasts are starting to take over from the more traditional Point Tasks? If so, why do you think that is?

Where'd you get the name Essian Ravenwing and is it an ode to either Michael Essien or Raven the wrestler?

Which young buck do you prefer? Who do you prefer between Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly?

Is Jack Eichel as good as Connor McDavid? Why isn't he?

goal/assist prediction for Ravening this season?

Crazy idea: every year before the VHL Draft, we have a "Scouting Combine", where every draft-eligible member (or, to narrow the field, those that sign up for the event) gets their own team of bots and it's just them on the team, going up against other 1-man teams, including 1-man goalie teams for our goalie prospects. What Builds would thrive in this sim? Would this be a fun way to keep the VHLM active, where this event happens halfway through the season and right before the draft?

Headed into a draft, would you rather have a player like Franchise Cornerstone that has 99 PA and 99 SC and 75 PH or would you rather have a more structured build like a 99 SC and 92 PA and 85 PH with a bit of other stuff? Does that build work well just because they're dominating control of the puck or does the decision engine not really matter as much as once thought? Will it work well early in the VHL?

Pastrnak has not been doing as well as I wanted, only 6th among LW. Do I just need to wait for my time to come in Yukon?

You don't have to, but its an easy way for me to see it! ;)

1. Have you ever thought about writing a book about online sim leagues?

2. Tell me more about your upbringing and your German story?

3. Do you have a favourite VHL moment involving one of your players?